LG to roll out ICS to some devices??

Search This thread

slebit

Dec 3, 2010
And the sad thing is that we have not even seen a leaked ics version yet...

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

xilw3r

Dec 10, 2010
In June I am not hoping for any update, but I hope that by August, I officially ICS on my phone.
Or ask too much from LG?

yes. you ask too much :)

when we get a leak of ics, we will know that the official roll out will start in aprox ~3 months. so far this aint lookin too bright :(

akyp

Mar 30, 2011
It'll be easier to just change phone and never buy anything from LG again.

I would change LG to NVIDIA in the above statement, as none of the Tegra 2 phones so far (LG P990, Motorola Atrix ME-860, Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103) have official ICS ROMs.

xilw3r

Dec 10, 2010
I would change LG to NVIDIA in the above statement, as none of the Tegra 2 phones so far (LG P990, Motorola Atrix ME-860, Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103) have official ICS ROMs.

there are tegra 2 tablets that are running ics dude. its not nvidia's fault that lg is slow. although yes, i would prefer TI omap or even exynos cpu in my next phone.

blakki73

Jun 27, 2011
there are tegra 2 tablets that are running ics dude. its not nvidia's fault that lg is slow. although yes, i would prefer TI omap or even exynos cpu in my next phone.

Tablets have a different tegra 2 chip, they have for example neon support. LG's faults are their false promises.

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2

Rehtori

Jul 17, 2011
Espoo
chances that LG will ship ICS update to O2X

With the current phase manufacturers are shipping out devices I simply can't believe that LG would be putting any effort to upgrade Optimus 2X to ICS in Q3/2012.

They will have already too many devices announced/in the pipeline at Q3/2012 where they will focus their development resources that they will not definitely to sacrifice any resources to platform they will not use anymore. And that's sad & irresponsible and eventually this kind of behavior will really hurt the whole Android story. Too many manufacturers are selling stuff they will discontinue supporting while people are still on the contract with their carriers. And honestly HW on Optimus 2x could live for ages if you just look on the HW spec.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It'll be easier to just change phone and never buy anything from LG again.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone