Search This thread

oudbrood

Jan 21, 2011
Amsterdam
Later today I'm going to root it and try your app. Thanks

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

antiself

Feb 22, 2010
It works very well. It would be good if we could change the times for on and off.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk 2

ilan_75

Apr 17, 2007
Hi,

Do you know if there is an app that do approximatly the same (don't stay on, but lightning for a second) thing but with the rear flash led.

thank you.

sorry for my bad english.

gabo_e30

Jan 30, 2012
See the thread in the development section. It shows u step by step how to do it

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

phynix5800

May 20, 2010
This app has been working great for me, thanks a lot atipon! However, I encountered a problem that might be caused by this app.

I did an update from V10D to V10F firmware and now the softbutton backlight wont stay on anymore, as set in the system settings. It has been working on V10D flawlessly, but with the new firmware, the lights will go out in a few seconds, no matter if they are set to always on.

Another user has reported, that this setting was working for him on the V10F firmware.

phynix5800

May 20, 2010
I just did that a second time (uninstall & reboot), but with no effect. Strangely every other setting of light-on durations seem to work, so staying on for 1.5, 3 and 5 seconds, but when set to always on, the light will keep going off after a few seconds.

I noticed, that there is some system file 'br_maintain_on' in the button backlight folder and its content is '0' - could it be related?

Thanks for your help! This issue is really annoying me.

EDIT: OMG, changing the content of this file to 1 did fix it instantly! I'm not sure, if this app caused this behavior to happen but if anyone has the same issue, the exact location of the file is:
/sys/devices/platform/button-backlight/leds/button-backlight/br_maintain_on

EDIT 2: the file will be set to '0' on each reboot, even with read-only permissions and when this app is not installed. It looks like this could be a firmware bug?

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts