Lg v10 dual sim (h962) official thread

Search This thread

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
I have the H962 (from Taiwan) and it has good band support for Telstra and Optus in Australia. This model
- Running 5.1.1 Build LMY47V
- Carrier Bloat-ware free
- Only had two items in Chinese post setup (one folder I just renamed and the keyboard and a ENG/Chineese char swap button I removed)
- FM Radio Std
- Bands Supported are: https://www.frequencycheck.com/models/A3pwO/lg-v10-h962

Of potential interest it has the ability to do an "Enable OEM unlock" under the developer options. If any dev needs system pulls etc then please let me know (and the method).

Let me know of any Q!

Last edited:
Reactions: zjelko and miroone

Riona69

Aug 12, 2011
Hi jmone, can you confirm if your H962 can support 4G+3G/3G+4G or only 4G+2G/2G+4G?
I'm in Taiwan now and thinking of buying the H962 but there are no working display set to test out if the 2nd sim card can be on 3G network while the 1st is on 4G.
Appreciate your help!

I have the H962 (from Taiwan) and it has good band support for Telstra and Optus in Australia. This model
- Running 5.1.1 Build LMY47V
- Carrier Bloat-ware free
- Only had two items in Chinese post setup (one folder I just renamed and the keyboard and a ENG/Chineese char swap button I removed)

Of potential interest it has the ability to do an "Enable OEM unlock" under the developer options. If any dev needs system pulls etc then please let me know (and the method).

Let me know of any Q!

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
Hi jmone, can you confirm if your H962 can support 4G+3G/3G+4G or only 4G+2G/2G+4G?
I'm in Taiwan now and thinking of buying the H962 but there are no working display set to test out if the 2nd sim card can be on 3G network while the 1st is on 4G.
Appreciate your help!

So I gave it a quick test with my SIM (optus) and a mates (telstra) and was surprised how well integrated it is. I've attached a screen shot at – https://www.dropbox.com/s/m40dpabwi32yu24/2015-11-25 23.14.09.png?dl=0

- At the top you see an Icon for both SIMs with a Box around the "active" one.
- At the bottom right you see a switch SIM icon that changes what is the "active" one
- You can receive calls etc from both SIMS without switching anything and in the history your Calls and Text are marked as Sim 1 or Sim 2
- When calling or sending a TXT you can toggle what sim to use
- In the settings screen you can select which sim you want to use for Data (eg only one at a time)
- Notification windows pop up on some actions letting me know if I was using the Optus or Telstra sim
- I also got a pop up asking if I wanted to setup a call diversion so if you are on a call on one sim and a call comes in on the other it goes to msg bank but I did not play with this.

If you are a 2 phone user this would greatly simplify life. Let me know if you need me to more thoroughly test anything.

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
...also on the 2 sim operation - I'm not sure how to check what the second sim is using, as the V10 Settings reported:
- Sim 1 = 4G
- Sim 2 = GPRS

I'm only guessing but as we don't use VOLTE, voice calls will be on 3G for Sim 1, so it may be only 2G for Sim 2??? I also tried using "Network Signal Info Pro" to see what it reported but it was only showing details for Sim 1. If you know a better way of testing please let me know and I'll try that.

HakuC

Oct 7, 2014
Hi Jmone, I just received my h962 (Taiwan ver.), and wondering the method to root and install recovery. Would you please help me to confirm? I'm not sure the recovery for h901 will also work for h962. Xposed is so much important to me...
your suggestion will be so much helpful to me. Thank you.

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
I'm note sure on how to root either. I'm happy if a dev wants to suggest what to try including how to pull our existing system in case it is needed.

WillyPillow

Dec 5, 2015
Just did a quick test. It seems like I cannot even get into fastboot. Kinda like what the Verizon guys are getting. Can anyone confirm this?

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
Just got an OTA Software Update:
- V10b-NOV-30-2015
- 71.36MB
- Summary "Phone usability and functionality has been further improved"

Only took a few minutes to install (and a bit longer on first boot to upgrade the apps). At first pass I don't know what has changed as it is still reporting as running 5.1.1 Build LMY47V

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
I think it is the fingerprint scanner fix for when the V10 is in a case (working much better for me). Also the SW Version nows has "V10b-TWN-XX" , but I don't know what it was before

gio_b

May 19, 2013
Italia
Dual sim : lte4 both ?
No recovery and root yet ?
I was told sabre dac hifi is now avaiable for all audio apps ,is it ?,like neutron ,poweramp ,and streaming ,like spotify ,deezer ,etc...etc..
Tks giovanni.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

sublimegolf

Oct 15, 2013
Will the H962 work on T-Mobile's LTE network?
I'm guessing Band 2 (1900mhz) and 4(1700mhz/2100mhz)?
Thanks in advance...

Top Liked Posts