• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG V20 F800L Android Pie Beta

Search This thread

bernavaldiesel1

May 1, 2015
valencia
I need System dump file 30c. I will build rom for Lg us996. Please. Help me.

Hi, I tried to do the dump with lgup, but I get 0x2000 connection error, I tried several dll but there was no way. a little higher I left the link to version 30c of the f800L model, if it works for you, but it is a .up file, I will keep trying tomorrow.

dornz

Feb 19, 2013
Yaa just got the ota to pie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191031-193832.png
    Screenshot_20191031-193832.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 642

niwusong

Apr 11, 2018
Hi, I tried to do the dump with lgup, but I get 0x2000 connection error, I tried several dll but there was no way. a little higher I left the link to version 30c of the f800L model, if it works for you, but it is a .up file, I will keep trying tomorrow.

you will try to fota 28a from 20k with root, i am doing it.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

r u keeping in root with 30e ?

Reactions: quanghuy89

dornz

Feb 19, 2013
I dont know, have a rooted h910 also so not worried about downgrading

levanvy83

Apr 13, 2007
You got ota from pie beta or from 8.0?

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

basically what I have done is downgrade from 28A to 20k by directly opening lgup store frame 1.14.3 dll 1.0.36.x, then I have let the phone restart and everything is updated, then I have opened uppercut with the mobile on and it has been updated. It takes a while while it flashes at 4%, the blue letters appear on the screen "easy fota update", while that image came out, I hit the back button and it has returned to the main screen, it has taken about 2 minutes and it has started update I hope it helps you.
Can you share dll 1.0.36.x? Thanks.

levanvy83

Apr 13, 2007
I am on pie beta version
If I used LGUP with DLL 1.0.31, it still stopped at below error
Capture.PNG

If I used DLL 1.0.36, LGUP cannot launch and how this error:
Capture2.PNG

Please help to upgrade from Pie beta

Last edited:

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
I am on pie beta version
If I used LGUP with DLL 1.0.31, it still stopped at below error
View attachment 4883049

If I used DLL 1.0.36, LGUP cannot launch and how this error:
View attachment 4883057

Please help to upgrade from Pie beta

I'm stuck on this same problem now. Unless it can be fixed I can't flash anything at all. I did wish to downgrade. I was only testing F800L Rom on my spare VS995. It's working fine except because of the same error I was not able to flash the vs995 modem file either to get sim to work. So kinda stuck now. But at least the phone isn't completely dead.

If noone has a solution I think I'll have to go the LG_Flash_Tool route which worked for me before but maybe not on PIE.

edit: I'm getting the same "please use the latest DDL Laf protocol" message using LG_Flash_Tool, so that's a message coming back form the device I'd say rather than generated by LGUP or Flash_Tool. Funny how I can't even reflash F80030a using lgup on it either.

So looks like I'm stuck with PIE on my device for a while or forever: ). Just on that though it was quite a bit sluggish when I first installed it, as had been reported, but after a reset, which may very well format some partitions, it seems quite good now and not as laggy as I remember first time around.

edit2: my version is actually 30e which is above what everyone here has reported they are on, so maybe this lasest version has introduced the problem.

Last edited:

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Search this .dll in web, 1.0.36.0

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Try this, lgup version 1.14.3 and this .dll; v1.0.36.0.
Copy in C/ program files (x86)/lg electronics/lgup/model/common. Paste in common. Open lgup and choose refurbish option. Connect the mobile on.
You also have to have this installed; Whql 4.4.2 drivers. I forgot, install also if you do not already have it, lg bridge.

Further to what I last posted - this worked for me after many attempts. I used the .dll you mentioned, but what I was not doing right previously was ignoring the "Refurbish" option. That never worked for me before in other situations - you'd always get a "refubish not option" msg, but this time it worked, where 'upgrade' or 'Partition DL' always gave a 'laf dll' error message.

So I went from orig VS995 to F800L PIE and back to VS995 Nougat.

Zizo159

Jan 12, 2019
Further to what I last posted - this worked for me after many attempts. I used the .dll you mentioned, but what I was not doing right previously was ignoring the "Refurbish" option. That never worked for me before in other situations - you'd always get a "refubish not option" msg, but this time it worked, where 'upgrade' or 'Partition DL' always gave a 'laf dll' error message.

So I went from orig VS995 to F800L PIE and back to VS995 Nougat.

Is it possible to post your steps? Considered doing this on h910. And is it worth it?

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Is it possible to post your steps? Considered doing this on h910. And is it worth it?

No it's not worth it as it stands because I lost my modem therefore no signal. I had no way to flash back a working modem and there is no Pie version of the modem anyway for my variant. Maybe Oreo modem would have worked but I'd say it's more unlikely than it would. It was worth it to satisfy my curiosity about Pie on the v20 but that's about all. At least wi-fi worked so I could play with it for a few days.

As for steps well it's straightforward to crossflash using LGUP patched but downgrading took a while to figure out to do right. I wouldn't recommend it frankly.

I have to say it seemed a little sluggish at first but after a reset it seemed better but not as fluid as Oreo or Nougat. One think I noticed is that the hi-fi sound screen didn't show a message to show if a high-impedance device was connected or not - didn't like that. Also I noticed a glitch in the sound - a kind of repetitive hiccup type of thing. I wonder if anyone else noticed or this or was it just my cross-flashed device.

I was hoping to copy over the system and partition and files and upload them so someone might make a modified flashable ROM zip for other variants but I wasn't able to do it due to complications.

Top Liked Posts