• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG V20 F800L Android Pie Beta

Search This thread

Zizo159

Jan 12, 2019
No it's not worth it as it stands because I lost my modem therefore no signal. I had no way to flash back a working modem and there is no Pie version of the modem anyway for my variant. Maybe Oreo modem would have worked but I'd say it's more unlikely than it would. It was worth it to satisfy my curiosity about Pie on the v20 but that's about all. At least wi-fi worked so I could play with it for a few days.

As for steps well it's straightforward to crossflash using LGUP patched but downgrading took a while to figure out to do right. I wouldn't recommend it frankly.

I have to say it seemed a little sluggish at first but after a reset it seemed better but not as fluid as Oreo or Nougat. One think I noticed is that the hi-fi sound screen didn't show a message to show if a high-impedance device was connected or not - didn't like that. Also I noticed a glitch in the sound - a kind of repetitive hiccup type of thing. I wonder if anyone else noticed or this or was it just my cross-flashed device.

I was hoping to copy over the system and partition and files and upload them so someone might make a modified flashable ROM zip for other variants but I wasn't able to do it due to complications.
Thanks for all that. Since you said it really isn't worth it. Won't even go for it. Already on Android 10 so

Reactions: ezzony

growiel

Feb 21, 2010
Grenoble
Same issue here, I managed to upgrade to Pie while keeping root but the camera can't focus, which seems to be the only issue.

The kernel used is designed for Oreo, the chineese team just removed the check so we can install it on Pie. We need someone to make (or adapt the existing) an actual Pie kernel.
Sadly I have no idea how to do that.

siheyo

Feb 18, 2015
Same issue here, I managed to upgrade to Pie while keeping root but the camera can't focus, which seems to be the only issue.

The kernel used is designed for Oreo, the chineese team just removed the check so we can install it on Pie. We need someone to make (or adapt the existing) an actual Pie kernel.
Sadly I have no idea how to do that.

I think they re-compile the kernel or modified the it al little. I have try remove the system check myself, and it give mw bootloop. Time to revert back to oreo.

Zizo159

Jan 12, 2019
can someone please explain how i would go about downgrading to nougat if i cross flashed this on a h910?
kinda wanna try it out of curiosity :)

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
How does one flash a .up OTA software update file. I have screwed up my partitions, am not rooted and I can't get into laf mode (download mode). I can boot the phone to the pie system though. I think the only way I can recover is if can flash back to stock from within the device itself. So is it possible to download a OTA .up file, put it on my internal storage and update on the phone without being connected to a pc?

NoName!

Dec 27, 2006
How does one flash a .up OTA software update file. I have screwed up my partitions, am not rooted and I can't get into laf mode (download mode). I can boot the phone to the pie system though. I think the only way I can recover is if can flash back to stock from within the device itself. So is it possible to download a OTA .up file, put it on my internal storage and update on the phone without being connected to a pc?

Is there any chance to enable usb debugging in pie and connect to LG UP? That it goes directly from the running system to download mode? That saved my phone a few times... No Root.. so TWRP is not installed?

Reactions: ezzony

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Is there any chance to enable usb debugging in pie and connect to LG UP? That it goes directly from the running system to download mode? That saved my phone a few times... No Root.. so TWRP is not installed?

Hi yes that actually worked. But I'm still wondering if there is a way to do with without using a pc. I've googled it a few times and I can't find anything.

Top Liked Posts