LG V20 H990ds software update?

Search This thread

deepaktalwalker

Aug 18, 2013
Does anybody really know what's exactly cooking in LG for LG V20 H990DS India regarding OS update as now the device has completed 01 year of its age & there are no timely Android Security Patches even...??

Reactions: goulash2011

goulash2011

Mar 8, 2011
^Not really sure iam sure more knowledgeable users could point you in the right direction.

Sadly nokia 6 is getting android 7.1 and october patches seems like LG are a joke of a company when it comes to support.

Redline

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 12, 2014
Victoria, Australia
twitch.tv
Hi all, ive just updated this and it seems my V20 that i've had for 2 weeks is now boot looping....
I've had a look at this guide ( https://xdaforums.com/v20/how-to/restore-v20-to-100-stock-bricked-devices-t3524903 ) but i;m unsure which f/w to download....
I bought my phone here: https://www.tobydeals.com/en_GB/product/lg-v20-h990-dual-sim-64gb-sim-free-unlocked-titan.html

Would any of the H990DS ones work?

Thanks all

That's a H990DS so yes, any firmware/KDZ for that model with work. You want to look for the firmware most relevant to your region from lg-firmwares.com and use that. Just beware, some region firmwares have more bloat than others (for example the AUS firmware has more bloat than the TWN firmware, hence why I'm using that working just fine here in Australia).
But in short yes, any of those will work, as long as you choose a region that suits you :)

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Good news, still no update in australia on the h990ds TWN version, the local version here was updated a few days ago to september but not the global version as of yet

Anxiously waiting for it hey. I'm here in AUS with the TWN firmware as well haha. V10F from 1st Jun security patch level is the latest one we have, it's interesting they're just now bringing the AUS firmware to V10F. Maybe us TWN users will go to V10G?
Kinda tempted to try using KDZ Writer from @emdroidle to update to the latest AUS version. I suppose it couldn't hurt to do a full TWRP backup and give it a shot. It apparently works cross-region, but not sure if TWN V10F/AUS V10F being the same version will affect it.
We can't be that far off!

Last edited:

Thisisabadname

Jan 6, 2015
In America with the SEA firmware and still nothing. Last update happened in August (July patch) and it's sounding like almost every other V20 variant (including all the carrier ones) has received September.

goulash2011

Mar 8, 2011
Yes its unfortunate the TWN version is still absent from the september security release.

Going by that pic the previouse poster supplied it was 1 day or 2 days apart from the different region's having the release, was hoping it continued that trend but seems its stalled..

Seems android phones are very much a lottery if they are kept uptodate by the company that produces them.

In 2015 LG said monthly updates will happen and it dosent, android OS updates are a pick and choose debacle from LG...

Sorry for the long boring rant was coming from an windows phone with timely updates but not enough apps to fulfill my needs.

buravec

May 24, 2012
Yes its unfortunate the TWN version is still absent from the september security release.

Going by that pic the previouse poster supplied it was 1 day or 2 days apart from the different region's having the release, was hoping it continued that trend but seems its stalled..

Seems android phones are very much a lottery if they are kept uptodate by the company that produces them.

In 2015 LG said monthly updates will happen and it dosent, android OS updates are a pick and choose debacle from LG...

Sorry for the long boring rant was coming from an windows phone with timely updates but not enough apps to fulfill my needs.

But now australian version of H990DS got software update after so long period.

Judge-Fredd

Aug 21, 2017
LG V20
LG V60 ThinQ
Someone has tried the november update?

Hi everyone,

I'm French and have bought a TWN H990DS LG V20. Everything's fine so far. I've seen this morning that there was a software update available (size a bit less than 1 Go). The download is very slow and I wanted to know if anyone had already installed it and if there were issues to consider.

Thanx
My present version:

Android 7.0
Kernel 3.18.31
Build n° NRD90M
Software version
V10f-TWN-XX

arcmanov

Jan 30, 2010
It's currently downloading for me as well, but at a paltry 23 KB/s. At that rate, it'll take the rest of the day.

I'll report here if I get any issues.
(Currently on V10g-SEA-XX)

lanfeust

Oct 7, 2008
i did the update and it's soooo long (both download and installation)
everything is working fine so far

itsraining2008

Oct 24, 2009
Muse

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-14-19-37-34-1-1-01-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-14-19-37-34-1-1-01-1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 314

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uploaded the latest V10h-TWN-XX kdz file just in case if somebody needs it.
    Downloaded via LG Bridge. I already flashed with kdz writer, everything went a-ok.
    Here's the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!kO4TnBqb!AV9qNU_tqYsKRU7Bgd5jxxG7DAJDfBZMPkuYMXc9Y0A
    SEA variants of 990ds just got their update couple of weeks ago with march or april security patch. TWN, AME and ESA are stupidly stuck on December and January security patch. mine is V10e-ESA december was the last update. LG was bragging about this phone to be the first non nexus device to launch with Nougat (yeah right) but its the most unupdated phone with Nougat installed. Most OEMs are providing proper updates to their device but LG, nahhh. their too busy with their G6 now
    This is complete non-sense sadly... They should seriously give some space for the v20. I'm really liking it more and more everyday, but I always discover new bugs as I continue to use it and that really irritates me(Camera lag in general/Sudden delays overall in home screen, app switching etc.). As much as I love this phone, I'm really hating LG for not giving it the right updates :(. Come on LG!!
    Hi all, ive just updated this and it seems my V20 that i've had for 2 weeks is now boot looping....
    I've had a look at this guide ( https://xdaforums.com/v20/how-to/restore-v20-to-100-stock-bricked-devices-t3524903 ) but i;m unsure which f/w to download....
    I bought my phone here: https://www.tobydeals.com/en_GB/product/lg-v20-h990-dual-sim-64gb-sim-free-unlocked-titan.html

Would any of the H990DS ones work?

Thanks all

That's a H990DS so yes, any firmware/KDZ for that model with work. You want to look for the firmware most relevant to your region from lg-firmwares.com and use that. Just beware, some region firmwares have more bloat than others (for example the AUS firmware has more bloat than the TWN firmware, hence why I'm using that working just fine here in Australia).
    But in short yes, any of those will work, as long as you choose a region that suits you :)

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Good news, still no update in australia on the h990ds TWN version, the local version here was updated a few days ago to september but not the global version as of yet

Anxiously waiting for it hey. I'm here in AUS with the TWN firmware as well haha. V10F from 1st Jun security patch level is the latest one we have, it's interesting they're just now bringing the AUS firmware to V10F. Maybe us TWN users will go to V10G?
    Kinda tempted to try using KDZ Writer from @emdroidle to update to the latest AUS version. I suppose it couldn't hurt to do a full TWRP backup and give it a shot. It apparently works cross-region, but not sure if TWN V10F/AUS V10F being the same version will affect it.
    We can't be that far off!
    My LG V20 got Australian update last night. On Optus. Now on v8.0.0, security patch 1/11/2018.
    Build number OPR1.170623.032
    Version V20a-AUS-XX
    Seems good so far.
    Ian
    you guys can check updates here. ESA version should be rollingout today

http://devtester.ro/projects/lg-firmwares/#imei