Lg v20 stuck into bootloop no download mode only recovery | please help

Search This thread

hamzarawal

May 22, 2019
HI I PUT MY PHONE ON CHARGE SO IT SHOWED THAT I AM USING AN HANDSFREE SO I RESTARTED MY PHONE BUT NEVER TURNED ON AGAIN ITS STUCK INTO A BOOTLOOP
IF I TRY TO GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE IT SHOWS DOWNLOAD MODE FOR 5 SECS THEN RESTARTS AGAIN
IT DOEST NOT BOOT INTO FASTBOOT ALSO AND MY PHONE WAS ON OFFICIAL STOCK ITS AN F800L MODEL ON OREO 8.0.1
I CAN ONLY GET INTO FACTORY MODE BUT IF I RESET MY PHONE IT STUCKS ON BOOTLOOP AGAIN, PLEASE HELP ME...
ANYONE??? PLEASEEEEEE :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

Phoenix591

Oct 15, 2017
HI I PUT MY PHONE ON CHARGE SO IT SHOWED THAT I AM USING AN HANDSFREE SO I RESTARTED MY PHONE BUT NEVER TURNED ON AGAIN ITS STUCK INTO A BOOTLOOP
IF I TRY TO GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE IT SHOWS DOWNLOAD MODE FOR 5 SECS THEN RESTARTS AGAIN
IT DOEST NOT BOOT INTO FASTBOOT ALSO AND MY PHONE WAS ON OFFICIAL STOCK ITS AN F800L MODEL ON OREO 8.0.1
I CAN ONLY GET INTO FACTORY MODE BUT IF I RESET MY PHONE IT STUCKS ON BOOTLOOP AGAIN, PLEASE HELP ME...
ANYONE??? PLEASEEEEEE :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
I'm sorry for your loss. To me it sounds like something may be physically damaged.

Phoenix591

Oct 15, 2017
To elaborate a bit further, fastboot doesn't usefully exist without root, stock recovery can only wipe your userdata, and you've already said download mode reboots way too early to try anything. There is no safe way to try anything with the firmware, if it even somehow is a firmware issue. There's the leaked firehose, if you force it into 9008 mode, but that's risky and I have no personal experience with it to give more details.

Basically don't expect it to be coming back.

hamzarawal

May 22, 2019
To elaborate a bit further, fastboot doesn't usefully exist without root, stock recovery can only wipe your userdata, and you've already said download mode reboots way too early to try anything. There is no safe way to try anything with the firmware, if it even somehow is a firmware issue. There's the leaked firehose, if you force it into 9008 mode, but that's risky and I have no personal experience with it to give more details.

Basically don't expect it to be coming back.

SO THAT MEANS IM NEVER BUYING AN LG AGAIN:crying:

Phoenix591

Oct 15, 2017
boot in fastboot flash twrp and reinstall laf partition

Without it already being rooted and the dirtysanta bootloader installed there is no fastboot mode on anything (which you would have seen if you had read the OP) but the h918 (which still can't flash with it) and us996, and you still need a working phone to actually set the options in Android to allow unlocking the bootloader.

And I'd put it at like an 80% chance it's hardware failure anyway, since it's boot looping in download mode too.

Last edited: