• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG v30 H930 no Downloadmodus after Bootloader unlock

Search This thread

patber307

Feb 12, 2018
Dresden
Hello,
After unlocking the boot loader, I wanted to downgrade from firmware V11m to V10F to flash TWRP recovery. The download mode is not working. I tried to flash the LAF partition without success.

"fastboot flash laf laf.img"

The following error was displayed.

"FAILED (remote: Cannot flash this partition in unlocked state)" :confused: :(

How can I restore the download mode?
Can I close the bootloader again?

Everything else works fine. :) I'm very grateful for help.

Best regards

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello,
After unlocking the boot loader, I wanted to downgrade from firmware V11m to V10F to flash TWRP recovery. The download mode is not working. I tried to flash the LAF partition without success.

"fastboot flash laf laf.img"

The following error was displayed.

"FAILED (remote: Cannot flash this partition in unlocked state)" :confused: :(

How can I restore the download mode?
Can I close the bootloader again?

Everything else works fine. :) I'm very grateful for help.

Best regards
See the TWRP H930 thread. Lots of people have downgraded and talked about it there.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

patber307

Feb 12, 2018
Dresden
See the TWRP H930 thread. Lots of people have downgraded and talked about it there.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

That's right, but the download mode is Bricked.
The laf partition is responsible for the download mode. This can not be flashed with Fastboot.

My english is not good but google helps me with that.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Last edited:

patber307

Feb 12, 2018
Dresden
I have already read this thread.

There the Software LGUP is used for the Upgrade. With LGUP, the Phone restarts automatically in Download mode and updates the Firmware.

On Post #9 states, that the Download mode is a Part of the LAF Partition. But the LAF Partition seems to be broken on my Phone. My Phone starts on Fastboot mode instead.

I have extracted the laf_6.bin from the official Firmware and renamed it in laf.img. Then I tried using "fastboot flash laf laf.img" to repair the LAF Partition, without success. Even the previous delete by means of "fastboot erase laf" (took unusually long) brought no success.

How can I just fix the download mode? :(

Last edited:

Sky67

Mar 20, 2018
Pfaffenhofen
I obviously have a very similar problem. My H930 depends on "fastboot format userdata" in the bootlogo. I can not turn it off. I'm not in the download mode. And I can not boot into the system either. Can anyone help me?

patber307

Feb 12, 2018
Dresden
I obviously have a very similar problem. My H930 depends on "fastboot format userdata" in the bootlogo. I can not turn it off. I'm not in the download mode. And I can not boot into the system either. Can anyone help me?

Hello Sky67,

I also had this problem.

Connect the phone to your PC. To turn off press the Power- Button and the Vol. down- Button at the same Time until the Phone restarts, now release the Power-Button. You should be in Fastboot now.

Or you start in Recovery mode.

Do not connect the Phone to the PC. Press the Power- Button and the Vol. down- Button at the same time and hold. As soon as the Phone restarts, wait until the first Logo and just release the Power- Button and press it again. The Phone should boot into Recovery.

Sky67

Mar 20, 2018
Pfaffenhofen
Hallo patber307, thanks but that does not work. Neither do I get the H930 off, nor do I manage to come in any known way in the download mode or recovery mode.