• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG V30+ Oreo Update in India?

Search This thread

achyut

Jun 18, 2011
Kolkata
Good news.
I updated to Philippines Oreo with locked bootloader and then performed unlocking bootloader, installing TWRP and rooting. Everything works. VoLTE on Jio working normally too.

This is it guys.

jbiradar

Sep 17, 2012
LG India official Reply

xQFRq0q

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Oreo for India V30+ with Jio VoLTE

Also bootloader unlock, TWRP and root if you wish.

But you do NOT need to unlock bootloader or anything to simply install this "India" KDZ.

[H930DS][STOCK][OREO]LG V30+ PHL H930DS H930DS20b_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0530.kdz
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/development/h930ds-lg-v30-phl-h930ds-t3807318#post76882591

India H930DS V30+ users:

:) Great news guys !!

After trying many Oreo firmwares from different regions on my Indian H930DS, I finally found that the newly available PHL Asia PH/Philippines firmware is the perfect one for us.

Jio Volte works !!
It also has 1st Jun 2018 security update ( Firmwares like 20r available from 16th Jun for European region are still on 1st May 2018 security update).
You do not lose Bootloader Unlock (I tested Australian and Middle East Asia Oreo firmwares available on 16th Jun, they have 1st Jun 2018 firmware and you do not lose Bootloader Unlock or TWRP).
You do not lose TWRP recovery.
Root works.

Software version says V20b-IND-XX and there is also a LG Service India app preinstalled in this firmware (very surprising to find this on Philippines firmware). Maybe same development team making firmware for India and Philippines, not sure.

Happy flashing after a long wait, especially for VoLTE!!

Good news.
I updated to Philippines Oreo with locked bootloader and
then performed unlocking bootloader,
installing TWRP
and rooting.
Everything works.

VoLTE on Jio working normally too.

This is it guys.

Duh. I don't even care for official Oreo anymore.
Debloated the stock ROM.
Got magisk modules for GServices dozing, naptime and Dual speakers mod.
All I wish for now is some dev to port the portrait mode from the G7 ThinQ.

Last edited:

washi3216

Jul 1, 2018
Unable to flash rom

Oreo for India V30+ with Jio VoLTE

Also bootloader unlock, TWRP and root if you wish.

But you do NOT need to unlock bootloader or anything to simply install this "India" KDZ.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/development/h930ds-lg-v30-phl-h930ds-t3807318#post76882591

India H930DS V30+ users:
I previously flashed my LG V30 plus Indian Version to the HK KDZ successfully. Now that I have learnt that Philippines Rom is doing great with Volte support, I tried flashing it. But everytime i try flashing it using LG Up + Uppercut, it keeps getting an error. Do I have to downgrade before switching roms or am I missing something? Kindly help me out.

https://ibb.co/jtkLey

Last edited:

Phreaky

Dec 31, 2007
Chennai
I previously flashed my LG V30 plus Indian Version to the HK KDZ successfully. Now that I have learnt that Philippines Rom is doing great with Volte support, I tried flashing it. But everytime i try flashing it using LG Up + Uppercut, it keeps getting an error. Do I have to downgrade before switching roms or am I missing something? Kindly help me out.

You've to use the patched DLL that ChazzMatt has attached to his post here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/development/h930ds-lg-v30-phl-h930ds-t3807318

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I previously flashed my LG V30 plus Indian Version (from Nougat) to the HK (Oreo) KDZ successfully.

Now that I have learnt that Philippines Rom is doing great with (India carrier) Volte support, I tried flashing it. But everytime i try flashing it using LG Up + Uppercut, it keeps getting an error. Do I have to downgrade before switching roms or am I missing something? Kindly help me out.

Uppercut doesn't work on Oreo to go to something else (even other Oreo). You used Uppercut to upgrade from Nougat -- so you used it on Nougat -- to flash to something else, which was Oreo. But now you are on Oreo and can't use it anymore (on Oreo or above) -- unless the developer updates it. It doesn't read it right or something.

You've to use the patched DLL that ChazzMatt has attached to his post here :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/development/h930ds-lg-v30-phl-h930ds-t3807318

Exactly. Instructions and tool you need (patched dev LGUP) are all in Post #1 of that thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: washi3216

Jude Dabare

May 2, 2018
Oreo update to launch in july 1st or 2nd week

I contacted the lg customer care executive and they told me that the oreo update will reach us by the 1st or 2nd week of July 2018. They didn't mention about monthly or 2month security updates. Just the oreo update. I hope u guys found this useful.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

I contacted the lg customer care executive and they told me that the oreo update will reach us by the 1st or 2nd week of July 2018. They didn't mention about monthly or 2month security updates. Just the oreo update. I hope u guys found this useful.

Reactions: anirudhs2owner

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia

Right now, India V30+ doesn't have official IND Oreo -- but it does have Oreo. ;)

PHL Oreo has the LG Service India app preinstalled in the firmware.

With LGUP, anyone can easily flash to PHL Oreo KDZ which has India carrier VoLTE, as does Indonesia Oreo KDZ. In fact, looking at the md5 they are the SAME KDZ, just under different names. India Oreo KDZ (whenever it's released) may well also be that same file. If not, right now you already have India carrier VoLTE with either already-released PHL or IDN. Whenever India Oreo is released you can flash back to that, but for now you will already have Oreo with AI camera and the same India carrier VoLTE that India Nougat has.

Dev patched LGUP is attached to the first post in the Philippines OREO KDZ thread... With easy step by step instructions.

This step above has NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING to do with rooting. It's only upgrading to latest stock OREO firmware that is AVAILABLE right now which has INDIA VoLTE, like Jio. It's the exact same process you would use to install official India Oreo KDZ whenever it becomes available. Not the inferior OTA updates, but the full image KDZ.

READ THIS:

After trying many Oreo firmwares from different regions on my Indian H930DS, I finally found that the newly available PHL Asia PH/Philippines firmware is the perfect one for us.

Jio Volte works !!
It also has 1st Jun 2018 security update ( Firmwares like 20r available from 16th Jun for European region are still on 1st May 2018 security update).

Software version says V20b-IND-XX and there is also a LG Service India app preinstalled in this firmware (very surprising to find this on Philippines firmware). Maybe same development team making firmware for India and Philippines, not sure.

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia

Jio Volte works !!

@vkevin16
If you are still on stock firmware, can you post a screenshot of the About Phone? I'm sure this is the EXACT same firmware that will be released as India Oreo, just as it was released as PHL and Indonesia Oreo. Same md5. India users can download and install it NOW, instead of waiting for OTA.

vkevin16

Aug 28, 2013
I installed Philippines Oreo firmware and now I'm using Indonesia Oreo firmware. Both detect my LG V30+ H930DS as Indian phone. Oreo has not been released in India which is pathetic.
It will most likely be the same one as Philippines and Indonesia judging by firmware file name being used for Nougat znd now Oreo.
I've attached a screenshot, hope its attached properly.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-07-09-04-11-15.png
    Capture+_2018-07-09-04-11-15.png
    200.4 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I installed Philippines Oreo firmware and now I'm using Indonesia Oreo firmware. Both detect my LG V30+ H930DS as Indian phone. Oreo has not been released in India which is pathetic.
It will most likely be the same one as Philippines and Indonesia judging by firmware file name being used for Nougat znd now Oreo.
I've attached a screenshot, hope its attached properly.

Thank you!

Since the software version says 20B India, it's the same Oreo that WILL be released. People can just get it IMMEDIATELY. It's been available for THREE weeks now.

It's the official India Oreo KDZ.

Just download and install!

https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FXo6y3eytjqex2Rcoc9N42PI52QY%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fpreview.ibb.co%252FeaoABo%252FScreenshot_2018_07_08_23_06_54.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have Good News for Indian H930DS users

Jio Volte works !!
    You do not lose Bootloader Unlock (I tested Australian and Middle East Asia Oreo firmwares available on 16th Jun, they have 1st Jun 2018 firmware and you do not lose Bootloader Unlock or TWRP).
    You do not lose TWRP recovery.
    Root works.

Indian Oreo firmware 20a KDZ file is available for download
    https://lg-firmwares.com/downloads-file/15829/H930DS20a_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0626.kdz
    Just for anyone who is interested.

You've to use the patched DLL that ChazzMatt has attached to his post here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/development/h930ds-lg-v30-phl-h930ds-t3807318
    I think they have to provide update before 1 june 2018 because android enterprise certified device security patch must be released before 90 days, last security patch is 1st march 2018 for Indian v30+.
    I had mailed LG India's customer support regarding the update. They replied that it was still under testing, and may be further delayed.
    Really unfair for us Indian V30+ owners. :(
    This is the main reason...I unlocked my bootloader and flashed OREO.... Feeling much better ?