• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG V30+ Oreo Update in India?

Search This thread

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
The OTA for india was indeed 20a and not 20b which is odd to be honest.
The build number, the baseband version are all same as 20b though. It might be just the naming change LG is employing in different regions. I had flashed my unit to 20b a while back and received OTA on my friend's phone which was 20a. Here are the screenshots.

20A (India OTA)
qITTQch.jpg

20B INDIA/INDONESIA/PHILIPPINES kdz
TYqtJow.jpg

Then LG screwed up by giving the wrong version number to the OTA. Full image KDZ beats partial image OTA.

The fact it says IND 20B refutes any other allegations. It's official LG firmware for the India H930DS. And it's full image KDZ.

I've got the India 20B KDZ posted. See link in post above.

INDIA/INDONESIA/PHILIPPINES share parts of the same KDZ, but the software auto-detects what phone you have (maybe by IMEI?) and installs the version for your country -- in this case India. 20B for India.

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Can anyone confirm FIRSTHAND that the 20b is better.

Unless I get that info I'm okay with OTA of 20a. As it is 20a KDZ isn't available.
It seems to be the same build, as the build numbers are identical. LG seems to have messed up by calling the official LG full image KDZ 20B, but calling the partial image OTA 20A. It should be 20B, no matter how installed.

Many articles -- even XDA NEWS -- says India Oreo is 20B. That's why "20A" KDZ isn't "available" -- because it's REALLY 20B, and yes it's available. ;) I even posted it down in Development.

XDA News: LG V30+ gets Android Oreo update in India with AI Camera and ThinQ branding

The update comes with build number OPRR1.170623.026 and software version V20b-IND-XX with the June security patches.

Download:
[H930DS][STOCK][OREO] INDIA H930DS H930DS20b_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0530.kdz

Last edited:

SRS84

Aug 30, 2015
Is anyone facing issues after latest oreo update in india? Im loosing wifi signal now and then. It keep saying authentication failed, renter the password. Second issue regarding connecting calls. I have to restart my phone everytime the issue appears.

muralimsir

Jul 4, 2017
Hyderabad
Is anyone facing issues after latest oreo update in india? Im loosing wifi signal now and then. It keep saying authentication failed, renter the password. Second issue regarding connecting calls. I have to restart my phone everytime the issue appears.
No such issues since the update on 11th of this month. My V30+ is charging faster than before. The overall experience is smooth.

Last edited:
Reactions: SRS84

sarnabguha

Jun 15, 2018
Battery life seems to have been slightly affected. Used to easily get 6.5+ hrs screen on time on Nougat, but on Oreo I'm getting only around 6 hours max. Anyone else noticed a similar trend?

Reactions: Jude Dabare

vkevin16

Aug 28, 2013
Installed the 21a KDZ released for European region to try as LG has moved from 20 to 21. It just has the most recent July security update and maybe some improvements. India Oreo is on May security update. Have to use for a few days and see if its better. No Jio VoLTE ofcourse. Fastboot commands work and root works.

Reactions: ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Installed the 21a KDZ released for European region to try as LG has moved from 20 to 21. It just has the most recent July security update and maybe some improvements. India Oreo is on May security update. Have to use for a few days and see if its better. No Jio VoLTE ofcourse. Fastboot commands work and root works.

Thanks for the information. With 20Y just recently dropping, didn't think another Europe KDZ would appear so soon. Anyway, now posted here:

H93021a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0711.kdz
2.94GB
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg...arket-h930-t3779076/post76263655#post76263655

And yes, as you mentioned it's not for Jio customers.

deepak111

Feb 24, 2013
Chennai

Mine seems to not detect my Wi-Fi sometimes and i have to turn it off and on for sometime till it detects my Wi-Fi. I tried resetting and it happened again once after reset.

spurgeonjudah

Sep 24, 2011
Chennai
Can anyone tell me if LGV30+ has got the Oreo update in India or not? Waiting for your reply? And if it got the update then how is the battery life and performance after the update.

I bought this phone a week back! One of the best phones with great battery. The stand by is pure bliss and sot is also very good. I constantly have my phone connected with my Samsung gear S3 via Bluetooth. And some gaming (PUBG) and lots of music, plenty of browsing and texting. I manage to come back home from work with 50% battery.

Just running stock rooted. No mods. Have removed some Google apps which I don't use and removed Facebook too. Truly amazed with this fabulous phone, really an underrated flagship!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-28-21-59-18-1024x2048.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-28-21-59-18-1024x2048.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
You can keep insisting whatever you want, doesn't change anything.
This is just like you were telling everyone, June security patch won't allow bootloader unlock to work before June security patch was released.
We now have June security patch released and bootloader unlock works just fine. Unlike you I am saying it after testing it myself.

I never said that. Quote where I said that?

I said LG and Qualcomm had critical bootloader issues noted in June patch and we told people to be careful installing that as it seemed they were trying to patch the exploit. I and others posted the June security patch notes as proof.

I advised best to unlock bootloader while you can, in case it patched the exploit.

I never said it (June 2018 security update) would definitely patch the exploit.

Guess what? Just in case you haven't kept up, the bootloader exploit "fix" is in the July 2018 security patch. ;) We found out yesterday when two different people with H930DS (with H930 firmware) and US998 with July security patches couldn't unlock their bootloaders.

With July 2018 security patch, LG has patched the Oreo bootloader unlock exploit so you cannot unlock your bootloader with the WTF exploit via fastboot flash commands -- BUT it doesn't re-lock your bootloader, if you've already unlocked it. If your bootloader is already unlocked, it should stay unlocked. THIS is the change that was widely reported for JUNE 2018 security patch, but apparently didn't get released until JULY 2018 security patch.

So, even US998, H930, H930DS users coming to this V30 forum in the future with July 2018 and newer firmware will now have to downgrade to older firmware to use the WTF exploit. Non-US998 North American variants will have to Frankenstein to pre-July 2018 US998 Oreo KDZ to unlock the bootloader before they can then upgrade to newest firmware.

This weekend I'll go through all the various instruction threads to add this verbiage.

Now, even H930 and H930DS will have to "Frankenstein" in a way with dev patched LGUP DL Partition method back to earlier firmware. I'm not sure "Upgrade" in dev patched LGUP would work to roll back the bootloader exploit fix. We can experiment with that, but DL Partition method works for sure, as the two people yesterday used that.

For India users the easy fix it to unlock your bootloader NOW before you get an update which patches this exploit. The current India firmware still allows easy bootloader unlock via WTF method.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have Good News for Indian H930DS users

:) Great news guys !!

After trying many Oreo firmwares from different regions on my Indian H930DS, I finally found that the newly available PHL Asia PH/Philippines firmware is the perfect one for us.

Jio Volte works !!
    It also has 1st Jun 2018 security update ( Firmwares like 20r available from 16th Jun for European region are still on 1st May 2018 security update).
    You do not lose Bootloader Unlock (I tested Australian and Middle East Asia Oreo firmwares available on 16th Jun, they have 1st Jun 2018 firmware and you do not lose Bootloader Unlock or TWRP).
    You do not lose TWRP recovery.
    Root works.

Software version says V20b-IND-XX and there is also a LG Service India app preinstalled in this firmware (very surprising to find this on Philippines firmware). Maybe same development team making firmware for India and Philippines, not sure.

Happy flashing after a long wait, especially for VoLTE!!
    Indian Oreo firmware 20a KDZ file is available for download
    https://lg-firmwares.com/downloads-file/15829/H930DS20a_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0626.kdz
    Just for anyone who is interested.
    I previously flashed my LG V30 plus Indian Version to the HK KDZ successfully. Now that I have learnt that Philippines Rom is doing great with Volte support, I tried flashing it. But everytime i try flashing it using LG Up + Uppercut, it keeps getting an error. Do I have to downgrade before switching roms or am I missing something? Kindly help me out.

https://ibb.co/jtkLey

You've to use the patched DLL that ChazzMatt has attached to his post here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/development/h930ds-lg-v30-phl-h930ds-t3807318
    I think they have to provide update before 1 june 2018 because android enterprise certified device security patch must be released before 90 days, last security patch is 1st march 2018 for Indian v30+.
    I had mailed LG India's customer support regarding the update. They replied that it was still under testing, and may be further delayed.
    Really unfair for us Indian V30+ owners. :(
    This is the main reason...I unlocked my bootloader and flashed OREO.... Feeling much better ?