My phone still says H930DS
The image Screenshot_2018-04-18-15-51-35_20180418155640053.jpg

Enviado desde mi LG-H930 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Bricked in what way? Did he get it up and running by flashing the appropriate firmware again?

I'm not sure. Here's his last post in the subject I can find:

My V30 is definitely fixable. These guys fixed the same issue HERE
I'm not sure where they got those files though. It changes the partition table through QFIL, but they're device specific. I just need to figure it out if they dump them from the device or if they're in the KDZ. If I can just get into DL mode on my phone I can save it.

Verizon Oreo KDZ flashed to US998 worked fine. But Sprint KDZ (Nougat, Oreo?) flashed did not work fine.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

Last edited:

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Yes, he did:

Verizon Oreo KDZ flashed to US998 worked fine. But Sprint KDZ (Nougat, Oreo?) flashed did not work fine. But it's not bricked anymore.

I actually was not able to bring my V30 back to life. It's currently with LG for repair. They just accepted it today so not sure what there diagnosis or resolution is. I would definitely be very careful what kdz you're flashing because the dev LG up will flash any kdz to your phone. If you do try to flash something from a different variant and it asks if you want to format partitions abort mission. That's where I messed up.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I actually was not able to bring my V30 back to life. It's currently with LG for repair. They just accepted it today so not sure what there diagnosis or resolution is. I would definitely be very careful what kdz you're flashing because the dev LG up will flash any kdz to your phone. If you do try to flash something from a different variant and it asks if you want to format partitions abort mission. That's where I messed up.
I realized that, and edited my post. After my initial post, I tried clicking on the link where I thought the solution was, and realized you were saying theoretically it was fixable... So, I edited.

Last edited:

msnxda

Apr 30, 2010
Got Oreo update today in the netherlands for H930 hardware version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-41-02.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-41-02.png
    177 KB · Views: 268

Gregorius

May 13, 2008
i got the update but now i have this annoying notification sound going on continuosly without get a notification
does anyone have this problem or know hot to turn that off ?

Gregorius

May 13, 2008
cache clear in oreo is possible like before or do i have to clear every single app cache by hand ?

im trying to avoid factory reset, i have 450 apps, and i dont want to start from scratch :)

adsubzero

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
cache clear in oreo is possible like before or do i have to clear every single app cache by hand ?

im trying to avoid factory reset, i have 450 apps, and i dont want to start from scratch :)
Well there you go, just more reasons to do a factory reset. I'm willing to bet that at least one of those apps isn't supported on oreo, which is giving you issues.

src151

Apr 19, 2014
I'm experiecing a bit slower/choppy UI animations from time to time. It's hardly noticeable, but definitely there so I can noticed it. It's like not 60fps, but 59fps. Didn't see it on Nougat.
I did factory reset.
Anyone else with the eagle eye ?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone