• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG V30 Unbrick guide (Qualcomm EDL 9008 Mode, Hardbirck, with no download mode)

Search This thread

Henry_147

Oct 25, 2021
Hello, author. First of all, thank you very much. I restored my phone through your tutorial. I want to post your tutorial on the Chinese Forum "ku'an" (we don't have such a tutorial there) and hope to get your permission. I will mark your name and the address of your post and thank you. I will also write the warning at the beginning of your post. (this is translated by computer. I hope you can understand it.)😊

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello, author. First of all, thank you very much. I restored my phone through your tutorial. I want to post your tutorial on the Chinese Forum "ku'an" (we don't have such a tutorial there) and hope to get your permission. I will mark your name and the address of your post and thank you. I will also write the warning at the beginning of your post. (this is translated by computer. I hope you can understand it.)😊

Thank you for asking permission. @quickwshell would probably be honored to share his work as long as you give full credit.

I had some people take my WTF bootloader unlock/root Instructions and post them to other sites without credit (like Reddit) and even leaving out some of the steps and warnings.

Henry_147

Oct 25, 2021
Thank you for asking permission. @quickwshell would probably be honored to share his work as long as you give full credit.

I had some people take my WTF bootloader unlock/root Instructions and post them to other sites without credit (like Reddit) and even leaving out some of the steps and warnings.
Thank you so much for your reply.I have finished my post already. And I didn't provide download link in my post so far. I typed the link of this post at the begin part of my post. Every reader will go to this post to download files. (I am sorry for my bad English😬)

richrard

Nov 28, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Thought I'd share my experiences in case it helps anyone. Accidentally flashed the wrong thing in TWRP on US998, rebooted to black screen and nothing else. Found this thread and tried QFIL and Miracle Thunder for a good long while, nothing worked. Miracle would look like it was working then would error out, and lots of Sahara errors in QILF.

What ended up getting it for me was to use the MiFlash tool in the "Us99820a(9008)" package from post #51, first try said success. Then I rebooted while holding volume up, still plugged into my computer, and it came up ready for LGUP. I never opened my phone, as soon as I bricked it the Qualcomm 9008 device was available when plugged into PC.

I didn't use ChipErase, was hoping that it wouldn't be necessary because of the way I bricked it, so I still have my IMEI. Phone won't boot after flashing Pie, just hangs at v30+ logo, so I'm stuck at Oreo. I assume something is still screwed up and that it's fixable but I'm done messing with it for now. I can live with Oreo for a while. Otherwise working perfectly.

organicandroid

Mar 2, 2021
Thought I'd share my experiences in case it helps anyone. Accidentally flashed the wrong thing in TWRP on US998, rebooted to black screen and nothing else. Found this thread and tried QFIL and Miracle Thunder for a good long while, nothing worked. Miracle would look like it was working then would error out, and lots of Sahara errors in QILF.

What ended up getting it for me was to use the MiFlash tool in the "Us99820a(9008)" package from post #51, first try said success. Then I rebooted while holding volume up, still plugged into my computer, and it came up ready for LGUP. I never opened my phone, as soon as I bricked it the Qualcomm 9008 device was available when plugged into PC.

I didn't use ChipErase, was hoping that it wouldn't be necessary because of the way I bricked it, so I still have my IMEI. Phone won't boot after flashing Pie, just hangs at v30+ logo, so I'm stuck at Oreo. I assume something is still screwed up and that it's fixable but I'm done messing with it for now. I can live with Oreo for a while. Otherwise working perfectly.
Thank you for sharing your experience, richrard.
Can you share what exact file(s) you flashed with MiFlash? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you try this method, I nor anybody else is responsible for any further damage done to your phone.

Models Confirmed : V300L

We currently have firehose for V30.
    Therefore, we can program UFS flash memory in 9008 mode.
    It requires rawprogram?.xml(s) and patch?.xml(s) to program it.
    It's easy to generate rawprogram?.xml(s) from kdz file, but generate patch?.xml(s) is not easy. (Unfortunately, I couldn't have time to generate patch?.xml(s)).
    I have edited kdztools to generate rawprogram?.xml(s) easily (You can generate it by using "-r" argument. Currently, generate patch?.xml(s) is not supported. I'll add it soon).
    I used patch?.xml(s) in post. it works well, but boot loop in the LG Logo.
    However, it was possible to enter download mode.

------------------- GUIDE -------------------
    1. Download rawprogram?.xml patch?.xml with images from link. (It uses V300L30h000906.kdz)
    2. Download firehose (prog_ufs_firehose_8998_lgev30.elf) from link.

<< Linux >>
    3. Build qdl or download pre-built binary
    4. Extract zip or tar.gz files 1, 2, 3 in any folder.
    5. Run
    Code:
    $ ./qdl --storage ufs prog_ufs_firehose_8998_lgev30.elf rawprogram0.xml patch0.xml rawprogram1.xml patch1.xml rawprogram2.xml patch2.xml rawprogram3.xml patch3.xml rawprogram4.xml patch4.xml rawprogram5.xml patch5.xml rawprogram6.xml patch6.xml
    in the terminal.
    6. If LG logo shows, enter to the download mode.

<< Windows >>
    3-6. You can program by QFIL similar as qdl.

7. Connect to any Windows PC with LGUP (must support Android Pie).
    8. Flash kdz with ChipErase. (IMPORTANT)
    9. If it boots successfully, your device has unbricked.
    use cracked miracle box
    Can't thank you enough mate! Used it and miracle did happen. I even tried to use it before but after you said it, I tried hard this time. Searched here and there, then took some risk and started to do things like this way -

I had V30_UNBRICK.zip unzipped in a folder with firehose and xml files.

*Disable defender or any other antivirus. (Normally not recommended, but it's the first thing I do when doing these things, also I have an extra laptop where I do all these which doesn't have any private or necessary files, never had any problem though).

*Also, disable driver signature enforcement on Windows(https://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/)

1. I searched and found Miracle box Thunder v2.93 with loader (No box needed)
    2. Select Qualcomm, then flashing and Write Flash.
    3. Untick the auto button beside firehose.
    4. Under "write flash"
    see this image
    i. Select firehose, this doesn't recognize the .elf file so renamed it to .mbn (finger was crossed) and it worked!
    ii. There are six rawprogram?.xml and patch?.xml (Here, ? = 1, 2, 3....6), I only used rawprogram0.xml and
    iii. patch0.xml
    5. Got everything ready and then detached the phone from cable.
    6. Pressed the start button right after entering into Testpoint EDL Mode. The process starts and failed after a while due to missing files. Then I matched which files were present corresponding to the lines in the xml file, after that deleted all the extra lines(i. e. file was not present in the V30_UNBRICK.zip) from rawprogram0.xml and saved the file (patch0.xml was untouched). I used Notepad++ for editing.
    7. Again detached the phone, detached battery, reattached battery, pressed the start button right after I shorted the edl test points, even before the device was detected in the device manager, no delay.
    8. The process was completed, files flashed. These files were flashed so that we can now flash proper kdz with download mode. Do not turn on the phone. Or else you'll get into bootloop.
    9. Detached the battery, shorted power button for a while(skip if you don't understand), reattached the battery.
    10. Pressed volume up and inserted USB cable. Not detected first time. Detached and reattached with pressing volume up button hard this time.
    11. witnessed one of the happiest moment seeing it was detected as an LG device in device manager. Wasn't 100% sure yet.
    12. Flashed chiperase(important) with patched LGUP in dev mode. And it was done.
    13. I will upload the XML file, you can use it with the existing files inside V30_UNBRICK.zip.

the xml file here

Before doing all that I spent five horrific days searching for a solution and almost ordered a motherboard from Aliexpress with a price tag of $100. I tried to be as elaborative as possible so that whoever next encounter the issue don't have to go through what I experienced past few days. If you're reading this and having a problem understanding anything, read again, repeat 10 times, then repeat more 10 times(worked for me), still no solution? knock me here (also: [email protected]). I could help you(with v 30, g6) remotely if I have time, no charges, donate if you will and if you don't I'll still be happy to help. Keep flashing, peace. :)

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

If you try this method, I nor anybody else is responsible for any further damage done to your phone.

Models Confirmed : V300L

We currently have firehose for V30.
    Therefore, we can program UFS flash memory in 9008 mode.
    It requires rawprogram?.xml(s) and patch?.xml(s) to program it.
    It's easy to generate rawprogram?.xml(s) from kdz file, but generate patch?.xml(s) is not easy. (Unfortunately, I couldn't have time to generate patch?.xml(s)).
    I have edited kdztools to generate rawprogram?.xml(s) easily (You can generate it by using "-r" argument. Currently, generate patch?.xml(s) is not supported. I'll add it soon).
    I used patch?.xml(s) in post. it works well, but boot loop in the LG Logo.
    However, it was possible to enter download mode.

------------------- GUIDE -------------------
    1. Download rawprogram?.xml patch?.xml with images from link. (It uses V300L30h000906.kdz)
    2. Download firehose (prog_ufs_firehose_8998_lgev30.elf) from link.

<< Linux >>
    3. Build qdl or download pre-built binary
    4. Extract zip or tar.gz files 1, 2, 3 in any folder.
    5. Run
    Code:
    $ ./qdl --storage ufs prog_ufs_firehose_8998_lgev30.elf rawprogram0.xml patch0.xml rawprogram1.xml patch1.xml rawprogram2.xml patch2.xml rawprogram3.xml patch3.xml rawprogram4.xml patch4.xml rawprogram5.xml patch5.xml rawprogram6.xml patch6.xml
    in the terminal.
    6. If LG logo shows, enter to the download mode.

<< Windows >>
    3-6. You can program by QFIL similar as qdl.

7. Connect to any Windows PC with LGUP (must support Android Pie).
    8. Flash kdz with ChipErase. (IMPORTANT)

9. If it boots successfully, your device has unbricked.

Thank you, Your post helped me to understand a lot of things. Without whome I'd be having an expensive brick which can't even be used to build anything.
    This is the way I recovered. So posting it here for people might get help.

use cracked miracle box
    Can't thank you enough mate! Used it and miracle did happen. I even tried to use it before but after you said it, I tried hard this time. Searched here and there, then took some risk and started to do things like this way -

I had V30_UNBRICK.zip unzipped in a folder with firehose and xml files.

*Disable defender or any other antivirus. (Normally not recommended, but it's the first thing I do when doing these things, also I have an extra laptop where I do all these which doesn't have any private or necessary files, but never had any problems).

*Also, disable driver signature enforcement on Windows(https://windowsreport.com/driver-sig...nt-windows-10/)

1. I searched and found Miracle box Thunder v2.93 with loader (No box needed)
    2. Select Qualcomm, then flashing and Write Flash.
    3. Untick the auto button beside firehose.
    4. Under "write flash"
    see this image
    i. Select firehose, this doesn't recognize the .elf file so renamed it to .mbn (finger was crossed) and it worked!
    ii. There are six rawprogram?.xml and patch?.xml (Here, ? = 1, 2, 3....6), I only used rawprogram0.xml and
    iii. patch0.xml
    5. Got everything ready and then detached the phone from cable.
    6. Pressed the start button right after entering into Testpoint EDL Mode. The process starts and failed after a while due to missing files. Then I matched which files were present corresponding to the lines in the xml file, after that deleted all the extra lines(i. e. file was not present in the V30_UNBRICK.zip) from rawprogram0.xml and saved the file (patch0.xml was untouched). I used Notepad++ for editing.
    7. Again detached the phone, detached battery, reattached battery, pressed the start button right after I shorted the edl test points, even before the device was detected in the device manager, no delay.
    8. The process was completed, files flashed. These files were flashed so that we can now flash proper kdz with download mode.
    9. Detached the battery, shorted power button for a while(skip if you don't understand), reattached the battery.
    10. Pressed volume up and inserted USB cable. Not detected first time. Detached and reattached with pressing volume button hard this time.
    11. witnessed one of the happiest moment seeing it was detected as an LG device in device manager. Wasn't 100% sure yet.
    12. Flashed chiperase(important) with patched LGUP in dev mode. And it was done.
    13. I will upload the XML file, you can use it with the existing files inside V30_UNBRICK.zip.

the xml file here

Before doing all that I spent five horrific days searching for a solution and almost ordered a motherboard from Aliexpress with a price tag of $100. I tried to be as elaborative as possible so that whoever next encounter the issue don't have to go through what I experienced past few days. If you're reading this and having a problem understanding anything, read again, repeat 10 times, then repeat more 10 times(worked for me). Keep flashing, peace. :)
    you can create rawprogramer and patch.xml with this program
    I have already tried it on lg v10 kdz with successful.

after extract kdz :
    1-open qualcomtool 2.4 and go to EMMC tabe.
    2-clic browse and select primarygpt_0.bin
    3- select all partitions and click exract partition
    4- click extract firmware
    you will find every things you need in extracted folder.
    you can edid rowprogramer.xml with notepad ++ .

edit : tryed with lg v30 kdz not work
    (gpt not present when select file)
    thank you so much,but can't download zip from this website,if you can offer other download way,such as google,mega,onedrive,i will apreciate it so much,thanks for your work

Sorry for the late reply :(
    mega. nz/#!zCZBkC4D!Vxo9wrd1c9vsZgCfQIrLelcp3unTY7sJAqMXjANvzjQ is V30_UNBRICK.zip
    and mega. nz/#!PLIBzQ6L!JKtfq_RH2iFgcQckkRi_LtZGt9u2zaO2YF6x8dtHL6A is a firehose.
    Thanks again @quickwshell. Firehorse file is the most important think for starting.

1. I extracted files partitions from firmware KDZ using this software https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2600575

2.. I used testpoint for getting EDL (QUALCOM 9008) connection. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78573920&postcount=2

3. I tried firmware posted here without success (Maybe it works on others). So I wrote critical partitions extracted from my specific firmware (US998) using UMT box and I didnt need to create .xml files because this tool can read and detect internal partitions.

4. I got download mode and just write firmware by USB using octoplusbox. Phone Alive!!

I think every step here can be replaced using diferent software. good luck!