Lg v35 download mode fix?

Search This thread

nascar48

Jan 23, 2011
Was trying to flash fi firmware to an att lg v35 to try and bypass a FRP lock and it failed. Now i am stuck in download mode when i turn the phone on and can not get anywhere else. Anyone got a possible fix? Im out of ideas since i cant just flash a stock firmware.

freccia

Nov 19, 2007
BOLOGNA
i was almost tring to do the same job on my att v35 locked... I don't know how to help you but your attempt stop me to proceed with it.

or you may try to flash a different kdz? Or I knew about the lg bridge... does it have a recovery option?...it should.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Was trying to flash fi firmware to an att lg v35 to try and bypass a FRP lock and it failed. Now i am stuck in download mode when i turn the phone on and can not get anywhere else. Anyone got a possible fix? Im out of ideas since i cant just flash a stock firmware.

Or you can try with
LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL
look for it on google :good:

nascar48

Jan 23, 2011
Tried two different kdz files. They all fail at 11% on lgup and get you brinked into download mode. So lg bridge is impossible. I will look into lg mobile support tool, have not tried that yet.

freccia

Nov 19, 2007
BOLOGNA

dafloof

Apr 17, 2015

I had the same issue. Unfortunately I just sent mine in to LG for them to hopefully repair. I tried so many different things to get it going with no luck.

Not much help but that's what I did :(

MJayM

Jan 8, 2019
V35 Brick Fix

Lg mobile support tool will not work. Looks like im out of luck
Hi just saw your post and I have an AT&T V35 too so this should help:
1. Uninstall any prior version of LGUP currently installed.
2.Head to Post #18 at https://xdaforums.com/android/general/lg-v35-amazon-project-fi-t3819470/page2
3. Download the ' V35_lgup_modded.zip' ; Unzip & install, then ensure the .dll file is also copied to the COMMON folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common)
-If there's no COMMON folder, create one.
4.Shut down the phone completely(phone should also be unplugged), then get into download mode (With phone off,hold down the UP Volume button and connect the phone to your PC while still holding down the UP button) and release the UP button once you see 'Download Mode' on the display.
5.Now, there's no V35 AT&T Kdz file available online so the next best option is to use the Google-Fi kdz you tried earlier; So launch LGUP & select the Kdz file .
6. Next choose the UPGRADE option and flash.
7. Hopefully, that should bring your phone back to life and if not, try again with the REFURBISH option(will wipe user data etc.)
8.Lastly and very important, though you may be tempted to mess around with additional LGUP options such as PARTITION DL etc.; Remember the V35 is still relatively new & has low support so be careful - So far, cross-flashing seems to be fine except for Korean Kdz files but flashing partitions WILL currently cause you to lose either your IMEI/Serial Number or Both.
Cheers

freccia

Nov 19, 2007
BOLOGNA
2.Head to Post #18 at https://xdaforums.com/android/general/lg-v35-amazon-project-fi-t3819470/page2
3. Download the ' V35_lgup_modded.zip' ; Unzip & install, then ensure the .dll file is also copied to the COMMON folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common)
4.Shut down the phone completely(phone should also be unplugged), then get into download mode (With phone off,hold down the UP Volume button and connect the phone to your PC while still holding down the UP button) and release the UP button once you see 'Download Mode' on the display.
5.Now, there's no V35 AT&T Kdz file available online so the next best option is to use the Google-Fi kdz you tried earlier; So launch LGUP & select the Kdz file .
7. Hopefully, that should bring your phone back to life and if not, try again with the REFURBISH option(will wipe user data etc.)
8.Lastly and very important, though you may be tempted to mess around with additional LGUP options such as PARTITION DL etc.; Remember the V35 is still relatively new & has low support so be careful - So far, cross-flashing seems to be fine except for Korean Kdz files but flashing partitions WILL currently cause you to lose either your IMEI/Serial Number or Both.
Cheers

Thanks. The guide works good to flash the fi .kdz but unluckly it doesn't unlock the at&t phone (as expected). I made the try. So people if you have an unlocked v35 branded you can go straight with this guide to unbrand it :good:
If someone can help to find a way to sim unlock v35 please give an help. Thanks :highfive:

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks. The guide works good to flash the fi .kdz but unluckly it doesn't unlock the at&t phone (as expected). I made the try. So people if you have an unlocked v35 branded you can go straight with this guide to unbrand it :good:
If someone can help to find a way to sim unlock v35 please give an help. Thanks :highfive:

Just want to be clear on one point. I have an unlocked att version (v350awm) of the phone and have followed steps listed above. i was about to upgrade to the fi kdz but noticed i have two options on the modded LGUP to upgrade, "Fota upgrade" and "Fac upgrade". I was thinking that it should be the Fota upgrade option.?

MJayM

Jan 8, 2019
V35 Brick Fix

Just want to be clear on one point. I have an unlocked att version (v350awm) of the phone and have followed steps listed above. i was about to upgrade to the fi kdz but noticed i have two options on the modded LGUP to upgrade, "Fota upgrade" and "Fac upgrade". I was thinking that it should be the Fota upgrade option.?

Hi, just stick to the 2 options at the top left - REFURBISH (For a total wipe, including User Data) or UPGRADE (To update without wiping User Data)
Cheers

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Google Fi Rom/Kdz

As I posted previously, I successfully restored V350ULM10f_00_NAO_US_OP_0913.kdz to my carrier unlocked V350AWM (AT&T model) using the modded LGUP. Now my thought was that this was the Google Fi rom that comes on the Google version of LG V35. and I know for fact that this rom doesn't have any of the AT&T bloatware that comes on the AT&T LG V35.. When booting I no longer see the AT&T logo, just the LG logo. But the interesting thing is when I check the software version it shows V350AWM10f which seems to say that I really still have the AT&T ROM but the AT&T Bloatware and logo have been stripped out.

Thoughts?

nascar48

Jan 23, 2011
Cheers
I just got a chance to try this today and it worked awesome. Thank you! Now I have no bloatware on the phone, and managed to get past a Frp bypass. Now I just need at&t to unlock the device and I will be good to go!

MJayM

Jan 8, 2019
As I posted previously, I successfully restored V350ULM10f_00_NAO_US_OP_0913.kdz to my carrier unlocked V350AWM (AT&T model) using the modded LGUP. Now my thought was that this was the Google Fi rom that comes on the Google version of LG V35. and I know for fact that this rom doesn't have any of the AT&T bloatware that comes on the AT&T LG V35.. When booting I no longer see the AT&T logo, just the LG logo. But the interesting thing is when I check the software version it shows V350AWM10f which seems to say that I really still have the AT&T ROM but the AT&T Bloatware and logo have been stripped out.

Thoughts?

True, after flashing, the software version under 'Settings' does not change to reflect the Google Fi update. This is simply a minor labelling error for now but the important thing is that the update is successful as evidenced by the lack of Carrier bloatware/logo. You can actually verify the fact that you are no longer running an AT&T ROM by trying to update via LG Bridge & it should say there's no available AT&T update.
Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

I just got a chance to try this today and it worked awesome. Thank you! Now I have no bloatware on the phone, and managed to get past a Frp bypass. Now I just need at&t to unlock the device and I will be good to go!

You are welcome, glad I could help & major thanks to
"metal409" for sharing the modded LGUP in the first place.

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
True, after flashing, the software version under 'Settings' does not change to reflect the Google Fi update. This is simply a minor labelling error for now but the important thing is that the update is successful as evidenced by the lack of Carrier bloatware/logo. You can actually verify the fact that you are no longer running an AT&T ROM by trying to update via LG Bridge & it should say there's no available AT&T update.
Cheers

I;m gonna have to agree with you as I just installed the latest (just out) version of the Fi Rom, V350ulm10h which can be found here: lg-firmwares.com/downloads-file/17590/V350ULM10h_00_NAO_US_OP_1130.kdz

After installing, my software version is now showing V350awm10h, again indicating that I still have the AT&T Rom.

TyLLy_4

Dec 26, 2012
Miami
Hi Yall,

I'm in this same predicament. I've already disabled most of the AT&T Bloatware .... but I'm still super annoyed at the lack of updates (ATT will only let you get OTA updates if you are on their network, my phone is currently unlocked with an unlocked code and on the T-mobile network)

Are there any other benefits to flashing to the Google Fi version other than debloating? Any chance of VOLTE working? or band 71?
Will the annoying carrier branding on the top of the status bar disappear?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    V35 Brick Fix

Lg mobile support tool will not work. Looks like im out of luck
    Cheers
    @gotomoto yes this is the right process and do not forget that you should put your phone to download mode (by pressing Vol+ and plugging usb cable) before running the LGUp executable.

P.S.:If any additional questions/help needed please join our small V35 Telegram group
    Did you use uppercut? Similar thing happened to my LG G5 and I realized you have to use Uppercut to do that sort of thing.

https://xdaforums.com/lg-g5/development/uppercut-lgup-loader-g5-variants-t3511295

It may or may not work, it works with the G6 and V20, I’m not sure about V35. But it said it might.

I hoped this works for ya! Check your PM, too.
    Cheers

My At&t branded Sim unlocked v35 arrived this morning and I used this guide to flash the latest ULM kdz to it successfully. Process took under ten minutes. I popped my TMobile Sim in and VoLTE and VoWifi worked.

As other have mentioned in settings phone software it still lists the device as 'V350AWM10h'

Two questions that I'll soon have answers for hopefully are:

1) though I do see band 71(600mhz) listed in the hidden menu, does it actually function?

2) can the device be fully used by Google Fi Network switching between Sprint and T-Mobile etc in the US?

@MJayM thanks for posting the above guide.