• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Lg V40 ATT still on android 8.1

Search This thread

Crisvendetta

Jan 7, 2016
Hello, I have bought an LG v40 ATT unlocked some months ago. I cannot update to android 9 via OTA none via LG Bridge because I think it needs an ATT account or sim card for it to update via the ATT network but I live in Europe. What can I do to update it to Android 9? Thanks in advance

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA
Hello, I have bought an LG v40 ATT unlocked some months ago. I cannot update to android 9 via OTA none via LG Bridge because I think it needs an ATT account or sim card for it to update via the ATT network but I live in Europe. What can I do to update it to Android 9? Thanks in advance

Buy a SIM from eBay, they're a couple bucks. Then use a VPN for a USA IP or just download ATT's stock ROM and flash w/ LG UP, simple

Reactions: Gromit1996

Gromit1996

Dec 22, 2015
Prince Albert
Buy a SIM from eBay, they're a couple bucks. Then use a VPN for a USA IP or just download ATT's stock ROM and flash w/ LG UP, simple

Okay. I am in a similar position to the OP.
I bought a AT&T Go sim off eBay and it is on its way.
When it gets here, and I install it, will the phone look for the OTA update and do that? Even if I do not activate the sim?

Also, you mention download AT&T's stock ROM and flash with LG Up. I'm assuming the answer is yes, but are there links to both the ROM and LG Up? I have flashed multiple phones with lots of different ROM's etc..., but LG's always are a difficult nut to crack.

I would appreciate any help you can provide, thanks.

abuchison

Jan 22, 2011
Just buy an AT&T pre-paid sim card with the cheapest plan. It is only a few bucks.

If you have a friend with AT&T phone, borrow his/her sim card for a few minutes and manually trigger firmware update. Not a good idea if your friend was a drug dealer.

nikolas60

Apr 17, 2011
flash in qload mode android
10 dump we have a guide on telegram v40 no sim needed

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

i mean attnt one

kenrico

Apr 2, 2011
I have a similiar issue . No updates for Sprint locked phone bought off ebay. When pie FINALLY dropped I never got ..literally was refreshing lg update app on phone every day.

Took to sprint after I noticed it was stil on 1st release , not even security updates V405U11a 8.1.0 10/1/2018 . They were puzzled but could only suggest factory reset and see if it triggered OTA updates.

Know if I download update for manual install, can't use latest as the latest is dependant on the one before. Out of the 12 updates which order and which ones are necessary?

Any better advice ? Would try for root but now netflix wont work . Sorry to come off as such a newb but like the phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.