• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LG V40 bootloader unlock & root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bukeyolacan

Jan 28, 2018
I got my LG V40 Sprint bootloader unlocked and installed magisk to root it so is there any way to flash Verizon Pie firmware on it? As there is no LGUP version released supporting it currently, I don't want to wait for OTA.

ricky_005

Sep 9, 2019
I would like to purchase a new LG V40 Sprint phone and convert to Verizon. Can it be done and be 100% fully functional like a original Verizon V40?
By the way, it will be used on Straight Talk with there Verizon sim chip.

elcocolo50

Mar 31, 2010
Hi vlaaaad.. I need to fix my sprint lg v40 that lost the APN setting after hard reset. Maybe reflashing the oreo firmware fix that. My phone is factory unlocked. Thanks

Sent from my AT&T LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vbenkovskyy

Feb 12, 2011
Hi vlaaaad.. I need to fix my sprint lg v40 that lost the APN setting after hard reset. Maybe reflashing the oreo firmware fix that. My phone is factory unlocked. Thanks

Try RESTORE DEFAULTS in APN menu first. If it doesn't help, PM me I will try to help with restoring backup if we have done it for you

elcocolo50

Mar 31, 2010
Hi. I cant restore default because the 3 dot on the right corner is missing and grayed out. Screenshot_2019-08-18-20-43-24.jpg

imekul

Aug 4, 2008
Illinois
I can ensure you that US UNLOCKED firmware works on Sprint V40, I flash it to everyone course it is bloatware free. Also I do full system backup in case of official unlock will be done later.

Why do you want Verizon fw? What features do you need?
90% that voice via up (internet calling) will not work.

I realized that using the Sprint fw if I make a call I can't use data.

Does the Sprint V40 have to be bootloader unlocked before I can flash anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts