LG V40 Camera lag or slow on Android 10

Search This thread

wiideliva04

Dec 5, 2020
Hi,

I'm new to this community anyone got problem on camera of V40 at Android 10? seems mine when I open it freeze for 10-15seconds then its fine but when I change to video the camera freeze again. But switching to front cam doesnt have the issue. Any solutions for this? btw my version is LM-V409N (korean variant) and I tried clearing cache, data, reset app preferences even factory reset.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Hi,

I'm new to this community anyone got problem on camera of V40 at Android 10? seems mine when I open it freeze for 10-15seconds then its fine but when I change to video the camera freeze again. But switching to front cam doesnt have the issue. Any solutions for this? btw my version is LM-V409N (korean variant) and I tried clearing cache, data, reset app preferences even factory reset.

Just checked and no problem, the stock camera app opens and is ready in less than a second. The current rom I have on my (originally) at&t model is the korean open 409N also.

Maybe check the lg sites for a newer (or even older) version of the camera app? If it's not the app, and everything is pretty much stock, it may unfortunately be a hardware issue...

wiideliva04

Dec 5, 2020
Hello, any reference where and what exactly firmware I needed? I mean I am fine on downgrading to pie but didn't know the process of doing it. Btw here's the image of my version of my V40

Attachments

• 129246767_3496853897101248_2513358991956724710_n.png
    129246767_3496853897101248_2513358991956724710_n.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 47

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Hello, any reference where and what exactly firmware I needed? I mean I am fine on downgrading to pie but didn't know the process of doing it. Btw here's the image of my version of my V40

I think you've misunderstood. I'm not suggesting you change the firmware (I have the exact same firmware you do (well I have 30d and u have 30e - a security update), and no problem with camera app).

I was suggesting you try a different version of the CAMERA APP. LG makes changes to the camera app and makes the *.apk available to download, you'll have to search for LG camera app to find it.

It does seem very unusual you'd be experiencing such a lag when opening the camera app though. You'd almost have to bet that something else you've installed (not stock) that is causing the delay.

wiideliva04

Dec 5, 2020
I think you've misunderstood. I'm not suggesting you change the firmware (I have the exact same firmware you do (well I have 30d and u have 30e - a security update), and no problem with camera app).

I was suggesting you try a different version of the CAMERA APP. LG makes changes to the camera app and makes the *.apk available to download, you'll have to search for LG camera app to find it.

It does seem very unusual you'd be experiencing such a lag when opening the camera app though. You'd almost have to bet that something else you've installed (not stock) that is causing the delay.
Hello, I just factory resetted the phone for about 5x and didnt use any 3rd party or sideloaded some camera apps.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Hello, I just factory resetted the phone for about 5x and didnt use any 3rd party or sideloaded some camera apps.

Well, in the interest of helping you narrow it down, I can tell you I just used lgup to install the latest korean open kdz (the one you're on, 30e). My camera app opens as it always has with other roms, in less than a second.

so, anyway, I think you can rule out it being anything to do with the specific rom...

Reactions: Doush_504

wiideliva04

Dec 5, 2020
Well, in the interest of helping you narrow it down, I can tell you I just used lgup to install the latest korean open kdz (the one you're on, 30e). My camera app opens as it always has with other roms, in less than a second.

so, anyway, I think you can rule out it being anything to do with the specific rom...
thank you currently downgraded to pie but seems the problem exist. It's a camera hardware fault.

slainte_0317

Jul 12, 2010
Maineville-OH
I had a verizon V40 and the camera went to crap with the A10 upgrade. Viewfinder was laggy, very similar to what you describe. Also, I think it was telephoto that would show parallel lines across any bright \ white objects. This was a stock rom, stock cam app, and the problem continued after multiple factory resets. Found it hard to believe it was a hardware issue, as it happened immediately after the A10 upgrade. I second year promised the phone...while I did get a brand new phone, it was the US unlocked version. So, as you know, that means no advanced calling (video) within the verizon dialer app and no vvmail.

gljones2001

Aug 10, 2016
Bourbonnais IL
Found that this GCam mod works. Install the app, then copy the XML (you have to remove the ".txt" at the end, xda wont let me upload it otherwise) to "/internal storage/GCam/Configs/" (make the folders) and then open the app, double-tap the black space to the right of the shutter button, then choose "restore". The app should then work perfectly, with all the cameras available, and no lag in the viewfinder.

Attachments

• Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02c5.1-A10_v40_v007.apk
    103.1 MB · Views: 125
  • 28.08.2020_GC6.1_bufferfix.xml.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Love
Reactions: Doush_504

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Found that this GCam mod works. Install the app, then copy the XML (you have to remove the ".txt" at the end, xda wont let me upload it otherwise) to "/internal storage/GCam/Configs/" (make the folders) and then open the app, double-tap the black space to the right of the shutter button, then choose "restore". The app should then work perfectly, with all the cameras available, and no lag in the viewfinder.