LG V40 downgrade from Android 10 to 9.

Search This thread

W1ll1eTheP1mp

Jul 10, 2020
Hello! I want to try Android 10 on my V40. But before installing it i want to know if its possible to go back to Android 9 without rooting? What is the easiest way to do it?

The reason for to maybe downgrade is the Android 10's lack os DSD native playback support . i have never tried dsd but want to have that option.

mhtsalesinc

Dec 3, 2020
Anyone else heard of this?
I'm getting a V40 this week and would like to know in case it has 10 on it (fingers crossed)

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Of course you can go back to 9 ;) All you have to do is use lgup and flash the Pie kdz. It would be the same thing as going from 9 to 10.

Keep in mind, not all carriers make their kdz available, so if you go from 9 AT&T to (say) Verizon 10, and you didn't do a back up of the 9 at&t, you won't have a way back.

DSD? I have an lgv40 with 9, and one with korean open 10. I use google play music for the same flac files on both devices. Can't hear any difference whatsoever. Did try one dsd file on both, and there **might** have been a slight difference in quality on Pie, maybe. But I figured if ea song needed to go from 50meg to 500meg to get that **maybe** slight difference... not for me.

cheers

Reactions: mhtsalesinc

mhtsalesinc

Dec 3, 2020
Of course you can go back to 9 ;) All you have to do is use lgup and flash the Pie kdz. It would be the same thing as going from 9 to 10.

Keep in mind, not all carriers make their kdz available, so if you go from 9 AT&T to (say) Verizon 10, and you didn't do a back up of the 9 at&t, you won't have a way back.

DSD? I have an lgv40 with 9, and one with korean open 10. I use google play music for the same flac files on both devices. Can't hear any difference whatsoever. Did try one dsd file on both, and there **might** have been a slight difference in quality on Pie, maybe. But I figured if ea song needed to go from 50meg to 500meg to get that **maybe** slight difference... not for me.

cheers

Thanks for the heads up!
Have a great day and be safe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

cheers