LG V40 downgrade from Android 10 to 9.

Search This thread

W1ll1eTheP1mp

Jul 10, 2020
Hello! I want to try Android 10 on my V40. But before installing it i want to know if its possible to go back to Android 9 without rooting? What is the easiest way to do it?

The reason for to maybe downgrade is the Android 10's lack os DSD native playback support . i have never tried dsd but want to have that option.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Of course you can go back to 9 ;) All you have to do is use lgup and flash the Pie kdz. It would be the same thing as going from 9 to 10.

Keep in mind, not all carriers make their kdz available, so if you go from 9 AT&T to (say) Verizon 10, and you didn't do a back up of the 9 at&t, you won't have a way back.

DSD? I have an lgv40 with 9, and one with korean open 10. I use google play music for the same flac files on both devices. Can't hear any difference whatsoever. Did try one dsd file on both, and there **might** have been a slight difference in quality on Pie, maybe. But I figured if ea song needed to go from 50meg to 500meg to get that **maybe** slight difference... not for me.

cheers

Reactions: mhtsalesinc

mhtsalesinc

Dec 3, 2020
Of course you can go back to 9 ;) All you have to do is use lgup and flash the Pie kdz. It would be the same thing as going from 9 to 10.

Keep in mind, not all carriers make their kdz available, so if you go from 9 AT&T to (say) Verizon 10, and you didn't do a back up of the 9 at&t, you won't have a way back.

DSD? I have an lgv40 with 9, and one with korean open 10. I use google play music for the same flac files on both devices. Can't hear any difference whatsoever. Did try one dsd file on both, and there **might** have been a slight difference in quality on Pie, maybe. But I figured if ea song needed to go from 50meg to 500meg to get that **maybe** slight difference... not for me.

cheers

Thanks for the heads up!
Have a great day and be safe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

cheers