• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lg v40 no fastboot mode / bootloader

Search This thread

hassanulhaq

Jun 25, 2014
Lahore
hassanulhaq.blogspot.com
I have lg v40 405ebw running on android 10 and i want to unlock bootloader problem is when ever i uses command "adb reboot bootloader" phone simply reboots and not entering in bootloader/fastboot mode.. i can get into download mode by holding volume up key. how to get into bootloader?

Any solution of this?

lexih

Sep 22, 2010
I have lg v40 405ebw running on android 10 and i want to unlock bootloader problem is when ever i uses command "adb reboot bootloader" phone simply reboots and not entering in bootloader/fastboot mode.. i can get into download mode by holding volume up key. how to get into bootloader?

Any solution of this?
did you do everything correctly according to this instruction https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v40/how-to/unlock-lg-v40-via-9008-root-t-mobile-t4042207? once again, forgive carefully and you will succeed!by the way, if you have a European version of the device, you can officially unlock the bootloader via the lg website https://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveBootloader.dev?categoryId=CTULRS0702

Last edited:

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3

Any solution of this?

as lexih is pointing out, **if** your device is an original oepn 405ebw, I'm pretty sure that is the only version that LG **officially** allows bootloader unlock for. **Assuming** that is the device you have (not flashed to, but the actual device), then contact LG.

Otherwise, follow the thread lexih provided for how to use qfil to flash the engineering abl to the abl partition, and it will allow you to unlock the device. Follow all the instructions, I'm just paraphrasing here, there are quite a few steps involved.

cheers

bsteph27

Nov 14, 2020
(french) hello i have the same probleme. i can't turn the phone in edl mode, when i reboot in fastboot it's normally reboot. when i press volume down and plug the usb type c i have "firmware update on white screen"

on the officiale lg site i don't find the phone id fastboot don't work. how we can the phone id please?

bsteph27

Nov 14, 2020
the solution write by me