• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LG V40 Sprint Convert to V40 Unlocked

Search This thread

reachedxyz

Apr 3, 2012
Mfm3OglkMiVKWL4H06nCF1H9QoyJk9ae5YZzfWj_-Bz4NzLJKtKoiagn-P8AdmTZwrbnH5yHN6hdFRjMWAICsS_WzFWuqshIkgT0a1He8tLFaCLmPIItOoPI0uoX7HQIK75VVcpQ108=w534-h947-no

Reactions: lavin40

vlad48

Oct 1, 2007
LG V35
Just for future reference SIM lock on LG SD845 is build now with strict hardware dependencies based on Chip ID and signature. The only way of removing SIM lock so far, apart from using official operator SIM unlock methods is to re-solder chip from already unlocked SD845 device and refurbish the phone - so all those well known tricks of erasing some files cross flashing different roms etc. is not working any more. Just save your time and efforts...

SeeZaar

May 20, 2011
Memphis
Aw man that's awesome! So did it work? Did u succeed or not? Please tell us more.
I'm interested in crossflashing LG V40. I did that on LG V30+ twice. Here is the XDA topic: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/how-to/using-lgup-crossflashing-t3780969
My YouTube Tutorial:

I had LG V30+ (us998) on Sprint and all the bloatwares. I used patched LGUP & DLL file and flash ls998 witch is unlocked V30 kdz. Ot worked prefect. Then i tried to flash some another kdz file, didn't succeed, brick the phone. But then i use CHIP erase and tried to flash ls998 (unlocked) on it. And it worked but that delete serial number and other details. Bc i did chip erase. But phone worked fine at the end?

Xsavi

Mar 29, 2014
Georgia, USA
I'm assuming he either has access to the latest LGUP (1.16) that supports the V40 along with the .msi/DLLs needed, or has access to LG Flash Tool with the hard to find V40 DLL for the flash tool.

Either way, instructions aren't going to get posted from what I can see.

That's awesome though, have fun with that! :)

patato21

Jun 27, 2015
Just for future reference SIM lock on LG SD845 is build now with strict hardware dependencies based on Chip ID and signature. The only way of removing SIM lock so far, apart from using official operator SIM unlock methods is to re-solder chip from already unlocked SD845 device and refurbish the phone - so all those well known tricks of erasing some files cross flashing different roms etc. is not working any more. Just save your time and efforts...

Where are you obtaining these "strict hardware dependencies" claims for the SD845 chips? From what I've seen, the G7 and V35 phones that are crossflashed in LGUP end up being SIM unlocked just like on the old V30 phones. Those are also SD845 so the "Chip ID" lock would not make sense. I believe the old modem data is STILL stored on the modemst1 and modemst2 partitions on the V40 with the Octoplus flash method because the only way they are being crossflashed at the moment is through Octoplus box, and the G7 and V35 are being crossflashed with just LGUP. It seems LGUP's REFURBISH mode clears this old modem data when crossflashing, as I have had similar SIM lock or no signal issues on the old V30 that were only fixed after using REFURBISH or flashing appropriate modemst1/2 partitions.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.