• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

lg v40 sprint unlock

Search This thread

awireless

Apr 9, 2018
I found the srf, do I just put it in download mode?

No, you need to be in qualcomm 9008 mode make sure drivers are installed and plug phone into computer while phone is off and imedantaly hold volume + volume - and power quickly pressing volume up button there is video on youtube on how to do it its tricky. Then on jtag software click on welcome tab click install custom firmware use the .srf select the lg and press connect then go to smart repair and repair the two partions when it says disconnected unlpug and hold power volume down until phone reboots. Sorry for poor instructions have to write quick.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

We need someone who makes those emmc recovery files for the Samsung phones and someone who can deconstruct .srf files then we can make a file that everyone can use no need for octoplus box but need to be in contact with people who can do those two things.

Last edited:
Reactions: e46_nexus

zeek6228

Nov 24, 2018
SIM unlock

OK so if I open the device, put it in QC9008 mode with test points, flash this *.srf loader file with Octopus JTAG, then will I be able to do things like repair IMEI, SIM unlock?

I have been following this thread (SIM unlock Sprint V40) for a few months but it seems we are talking about bootloader unlock.

awireless

Apr 9, 2018
OK so if I open the device, put it in QC9008 mode with test points, flash this *.srf loader file with Octopus JTAG, then will I be able to do things like repair IMEI, SIM unlock?

I have been following this thread (SIM unlock Sprint V40) for a few months but it seems we are talking about bootloader unlock.

if your able to figure out sim unlock and repair imei let me know because no one can do that right now. just frp remove and unlock bootloader and fix bricked devices thats all we can do with these .srf
also no need to do test point you can use button combo to get into 9008 mode

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

maybe you can extract carrier partition from unlocked phone and write it to a locked phone that might work gotta figure out how to do that tho

zeek6228

Nov 24, 2018
I've tried reading and writing different partitions with jtag tool, if modemst1/st2 doesn't match the IMEI is 0. You can't read backup from one file to another.

Testpoint easy, just use tweezer =)

awireless

Apr 9, 2018
If anyone wants to try they can read carrier partition info from a uicc unlocked sprint v40 then write that to a non unlocked device and see if that works thats how alot of the other sprint lg got unlocked when there is no other solution. May break your device but let us know if you try it.

zeek6228

Nov 24, 2018
spam

This is spam. This website will not unlock it.

I have successfully unlocked my v40 sprint using lgsimunlock service www.lgsimunlock.com
the price was 13 dollars, delivery time around 16 hours

v40.jpg

Guille9001

Jun 11, 2019
I have successfully unlocked my v40 sprint using lgsimunlock service
the price was 13 dollars, delivery time around 16 hours

v40.jpg

totally false, they send you a code and ask you to download an app where you can enter that code and it skips that the phone has been unlocked! but it is false, the phone is still locked and no matter what code you put in your app you will always jump that has been successfully unlocked.

MFKilla

Sep 19, 2014
Bendery
4cdma.ru
If anyone wants to try they can read carrier partition info from a uicc unlocked sprint v40 then write that to a non unlocked device and see if that works thats how alot of the other sprint lg got unlocked when there is no other solution. May break your device but let us know if you try it.

i have full dump from unlocked via OTA Sprint phone. Trying do all.
flash all partitions - imei 000000
restore modemst1/2,fsg - phone locked
flash just carrier part - phone locked

I have some idea, but dont have v40 in hands

Reactions: Viol8ter

awireless

Apr 9, 2018
i have full dump from unlocked via OTA Sprint phone. Trying do all.
flash all partitions - imei 000000
restore modemst1/2,fsg - phone locked
flash just carrier part - phone locked

I have some idea, but dont have v40 in hands

You can try to isolate where the uicc information is stored so we know what we need to flash.
Use a hex editor to see if you can find any mention of uicc in the partitions you dumped
also dump partitions from a not unlocked v40 on the same firmware version and compare the hex data see any differences.
Dont edit the hex and reflash it tho that will cause corruption. Its just to see what partition has the uicc data in it.
It will take a long time going through all the data i dont have enough time to do it but i think either we can flash uicc unlock to one thats not unlocked or find the trigger for it and use that to cause the unlock to happen "Officially".

Since there is also root for this phone you can search through the partitions of the phone through adb which might be easier then searching through hex to find it and just find where uicc is stored.

Last edited:
Reactions: greekgod1021

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only way to unlock a Sprint phone is Sprint technical support department in the phone must be active on a Sprint account, if you live outside of the USA it will not be possible without going to the us and opening a Sprint account.

lol are you serious? ive unlocked thousands of sprint phones never needed to contact them or make account. Dont say stuff like that there is always a way

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Hey. Tell me, is there a way to unlock the SIM lg V40 sprint?

We are waiting for someone to figure out a patch dll for lgup so we can cross flash to unlocked rom which will unlock phone in theory just a waiting game
    Anyone with some ideas to work with this phone, I just looked the essential ph-1 trend and they developed a tool for flashing the modems partitions and with that even the oficial updates are working.

Yes that is my tool i created it wont work as another guy posted because flashing the modemst1/2 cause imei to be 000000000000
    Hi guys, never unlocked phones before and a bit nervous.
    have anyone used this service before? https://bit.ly/31DwuUB
    want to make sure before placing order

XDA needs to make a ban of that site and delete accounts of people saying to use it.
    I managed to get work lgup with sprint v40.
    s6qhwm.jpg

Any suggestions for unlock with CDMA?
    Try to crossflash with VRZ? There are no SPR rom now, so I'm afraid to screw up v40.
    Link to what? IDK what he done, it was remote connect, all was on his side. So, I have crossflashed v40, any ideas to unlock?

Link to where you contacted/bought the service for no one can help if we cant replicate the process