• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG V405UA SPRINT no fastboot

Search This thread

skippybosco

Mar 1, 2015
I also have a v40 with the bootloader unlocked (can enable USB debugging in Developer tools), but whenever I try to boot to fastboot mode (either from recovery or adb) it just boots back to normal Android OS.

Were you ever able to figure this out?

skippybosco

Mar 1, 2015
The process to unlock your bootloader is a bit more "involved" than just simply flipping a switch..

I've been on Android for 10 years, originally with the Galaxy S1 and many devices across multiple manufacturers.. The ability to "Enable OEM Unlock" at all has been a key indicator of whether the bootloder was unlocked. This was true for all of my devices, up to my LG v30 that I continue use for my daily driver.

The v40 was the first device that allowed me to enable OEM Unlock without the bootloader being unlocked, which is why I was confused.

Thanks for the reply.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Feb 3, 2013
Los Osos
I've been on Android for 10 years, originally with the Galaxy S1 and many devices across multiple manufacturers.. The ability to "Enable OEM Unlock" at all has been a key indicator of whether the bootloder was unlocked. This was true for all of my devices, up to my LG v30 that I continue use for my daily driver.

The v40 was the first device that allowed me to enable OEM Unlock without the bootloader being unlocked, which is why I was confused.

Thanks for the reply.

Almost every Android I've had allowed me to enable OEM unlock....since for the most part it needs to be ticked on so that you can unlock it...

skippybosco

Mar 1, 2015
Almost every Android I've had allowed me to enable OEM unlock....since for the most part it needs to be ticked on so that you can unlock it...

Right. That was my point as well.

https://en.droidwiki.org/wiki/OEM-Unlock

Enabling OEM Unlock itself does not unlock the bootloader, but you can not unlock the bootloader unless it is unlocked.

This is the first device I've used that allowed me to enable OEM Unlock, but DID NOT allow me to unlock the bootloder. For other devices that had a locked bootloader, the first step of enabling OEM Unlock wasn't even an option, it was either missing altogether, or it was greyed out and unchangeable. That was my confusion.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Feb 3, 2013
Los Osos
Right. That was my point as well.

https://en.droidwiki.org/wiki/OEM-Unlock

Enabling OEM Unlock itself does not unlock the bootloader, but you can not unlock the bootloader unless it is unlocked.

This is the first device I've used that allowed me to enable OEM Unlock, but DID NOT allow me to unlock the bootloder. For other devices that had a locked bootloader, the first step of enabling OEM Unlock wasn't even an option, it was either missing altogether, or it was greyed out and unchangeable. That was my confusion.

With the OG LG Stylo the boost variant was the only one that couldn't be unlocked but OEM unlock was tickable we managed to root it but couldn't use TWRP that was available for the other 2 carrier variants....

Top Liked Posts