• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG V60 ThinQ Still Android 10, how to upgrade to Android 11

Search This thread

LGvnfans

Oct 16, 2021
Hello,
I come from Vietnam, I am using LG V60 ThinQ Model A001LG (used phone), as I know my phone is Softbank version. And this phone was updated to Android 11 from April 14, 2021
But when I check on the phone and LG Mobile Support Tool it said that the phone has latest software (Android 10).
Please help me to upgrade to Android 11 with thanks.

1634884038372.png

1634884242256.png
1634884269361.png

Attachments

• 1634883554992.png
    1634883554992.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 1634884015146.png
    1634884015146.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 42

LGvnfans

Oct 16, 2021
Thanks for your reply, but how to download T Mobile Android 11 rom also, also how to flash? I am a newbie :)

andamiro00

Dec 1, 2021
First, I succeeded in upgrading lga001lg andaroid11 overseas. However, it is not yet clear under what conditions it will be updated.
Please just refer to it.

After applying for Google play service bata, I tried to update it using Japanese vpn.

If not, try installing a program like an ad guard (free version), install the ad guard, complete the setup, and try to update it by running Japanese vpn. Then, the adguard vpn will be turned off and the Japanese vpn will be executed.

If not, please install Google Carrier and try the same way as above.

If it is updated to vpn, it will proceed very slowly. By chance, I updated it to Android 11 this way. I still have to try many things because I'm the only one who succeeded.

I hope you succeed. If you succeed, I would appreciate it if you could reply how you succeeded.

Last edited:
Reactions: LGvnfans

LGvnfans

Oct 16, 2021
First, I succeeded in upgrading lga001lg andaroid11 overseas. However, it is not yet clear under what conditions it will be updated.
Please just refer to it.

After applying for Google play service data, I tried to update it using Japanese vpn.

If not, try installing a program like an ad guard (free version), install the ad guard, complete the setup, and try to update it by running Japanese vpn. Then, the adguard vpn will be turned off and the Japanese vpn will be executed.

If it is updated to vpn, it will proceed very slowly. By chance, I updated it to Android 11 this way. I still have to try many things because I'm the only one who succeeded.

I hope you succeed. If you succeed, I would appreciate it if you could reply how you succeeded.
Thanks for your sharing, it is a very good idea. I will try to do then update the result

andamiro00

Dec 1, 2021
이 앱이 활성화되었는지 어떻게 알 수 있는가?
We are talking smoothly because we are talking through a translator. It's not perfect English. Please understand me.

Are you talking about beta activation?

If so, enter (Settings->App-App Information->Google Play Service->Down Scroll->App Details).

And it connects to the Google Play Store. The name is then displayed as Google Play Service (beta).

It is activated when marked "beta".

Last edited:

andamiro00

Dec 1, 2021

11212121212.JPG

Click on the blue link as shown in the corresponding link capture.

And please check if the beta application is completed.

Please make sure you have logged in to the upper right corner.

Please make sure your login ID is the same as your phone's login ID.

If you have a beta application, you can activate it for several hours.

It is automatically updated on Google Play.

Check out Google Play for new updates.

Last edited:

LGvnfans

Oct 16, 2021

View attachment 5472937

Click on the blue link as shown in the corresponding link capture.

And please check if the beta application is completed.

Please make sure you have logged in to the upper right corner.

Please make sure your login ID is the same as your phone's login ID.

If you have a beta application, you can activate it for several hours.

It is automatically updated on Google Play.

Check out Google Play for new updates.
Thanks bro!
Done it now and waiting for the activation :)

1638436458400.png

andamiro00

Dec 1, 2021
Cannot install. I have checked many time but still failedView attachment 5472951
Did you update using only Japanese vpn?

1. After installing the free version of AddGuard, try using Japanese vpn while using other vpn. Then the add guard vpn is disconnected and connected to Japan vpn. Click Update then.

If I failed,

Please install it and try number 1 again.

Since it is not a completed method, there may be other variables.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-without-factory-reset.4370299/#post-86040877
    Try this method.
    There is a way to succeed in DoCoMoPan lgv60.
    I hope you succeed.
    I don't know if I'm still using the a001lg device.

New news? I replied because there was a possibility.

There was a problem during the update by mistake and it was rolled back to version 20c during restoration.

I had an opportunity to take an update test.

The previous explanation has been overshadowed.

Initialize the factory and speak the basic language in Japanese.

Google account country doesn't matter, I tried my Japanese account and my native account (Japan X). Both are ota possible.

And complete the default settings with Usim insertion X, Wi-Fi connection X.

And change the language to English or the language you use in the settings.

Google paly log in. Connect vpn to Japan.

Update it in the settings. If it's updated, you can enjoy it.

Note 219.100.37.~~~ip is connected. Auto update was possible.

Sorry, I don't know if it's because I recognized Softbank USIM (data only) once. Just think of it as a good way to try one thing.
    You don't have to set it in Japanese after the factory is initialized.
    When I started another language after factory initialization just now, if I use vpn, I got an update to OTA.
    The exact method cannot be defined.
    i have the same problem and i tried the method at #25
    however i cannot find any option to change my region to Japan in system setting
    and still fail if i skip change my region to Japan
    how can i change it?
    really thank for @andamiro00 's helping
    Settings-System-Language and Keyboard
    Change the language to Japanese here.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-without-factory-reset.4370299/#post-86040877
    Try this method.
    There is a way to succeed in DoCoMoPan lgv60.
    I hope you succeed.
    Can I convert it to T Mobile Android 11
    Do not flash tmobile rim, you will brick your phone.
    Please just refer to it.

After applying for Google play service bata, I tried to update it using Japanese vpn.

i have the same problem and i tried the method at #25
    however i cannot find any option to change my region to Japan in system setting
    and still fail if i skip change my region to Japan
    how can i change it?
    really thank for @andamiro00 's helping
    Settings-System-Language and Keyboard
    Change the language to Japanese here.