LG V60 Tmobile downgrade, mabey other variants

Search This thread

KouaV1

Jun 22, 2015
LG V60 ThinQ
Scroll all the way down and read update section

Hello guys after I have been spending sometime trying out dlls for lgup, I have found a way to downgrade my V60 T-mobilefrom A11 back to A10. This is only tested on T-Mobile Variant ONLY, If you do do these steps for the verizon or any other for the downgrade, If within 48hours + you get a pop up of out of date or force update.

-LG mobile drivers(need it so it can detect your V60): https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/lg-mobile-drivers-and-software-CT10000027-20150179827560

-LG firmwares kdz from https://lg-firmwares.com/ (seem to have euro and tmobile kdz, limit 2 download per day)
http://lg-roms.com/LG-Firmware-List/LMV600VM for verizon

-Get the LG UP files from this website https://www.mylgphones.com/download-lg-up-software

-link to the adb where I got it https://androidmtk.com/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-tool
or you can use adb app control https://appcontrol.neocities.org/index_en.html

-Dial "*#*#244773825625#*#*" onto your dialar to check anti rollback

-LG's main hidden menu if you need it is "*#546368#*600#"

LG UP

1) youll need to download and install LG UP 1.16 [Original from LG] - No patched - lab version

-2) youll need the " LGUP Common DLL Ver 2.1" from the LG UP 1.17 folder and move it over to your LG UP folder where LG UP was installed then to "model" folder and then finally paste it into your "common" folder

-SET UP - I would highly advise removing sim card and not using wifi(so it wont use data to check software update during setup) after skipping the set ups etc. Also make sure to log out of your google accounts to remove the frp lock on fresh setup so you can skip.

STEPS

Note: in T-Mobile version 10w(possible) and 10x you will get google to notify you of out of date software and will eventually from day 1 - day 30 force update when your not using. I hope this time it works.

Everything involves risk so if you want to try these steps then go ahead but be cautious as Im not responsible for what happens.

1) download the TMO(tmobile) V600TM10S KDZ

2) Eject your sim and also remove you google accounts from device to remove frp. Leave it ejected as you dont want any data connection after flashing as youll need to skip everything and disable the adb packages.

3) Launch LG UP and select refurbish option(note you will lose all your data so Id do a backup of your files somewhere or to the cloud), select your kdz as well for the flash. If you get something from LG UP on NT code or something Id just cancel that pop up and reflash you desired KDZ twice to be safe after its first flash.

2) Skip through the LG and Google Set Ups and enable developer setting by going to Settings>System>About Phone>Software Info> and then just keep tapping build number until you unlocked the developer settings.

3) In developer settings: turn off automatic updates and enable USB Debugging for adb.

4)Use adb app control or adb commands to UNINSTALL (pm uninstall -k --user 0 xxx.xxx.xxx) these 5 packages:
com.lge.appbox.client
com.lge.updatecenter
com.google.android.apps.restore( I think this app can just be disabled since it has the disable button)
com.google.android.setupwizard.
com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig(simply just because it says in the apps as device set-up)

5) This is optional but Id just do it for the heck of it otherwise just skip this step. Dial *#546368#*600#>Field Test>WIFI Test>OTA Setting>select and disable each core for each country code and exit.

6) Power Off and insert your sim card and power back on and connect to data services or wifi and enjoy

Tip: Band selection If you want your phone to only search/connect to those frequency bands: Dial "*#546368#*600#">Field Test>Modemn Settings>Band Selection.

Scores Benchmarks

-Geekbench 5.4 Android 10 - 925 single and 3400 multi
-Geekbench 5.4 Android 11 - 905 single and 3100 multi

Antutu v8.5.7-Android 10 555,407
CPU-183,322
GPU-209,203
MEM-86641
UX-76,241

Antutu v8.5.7-Android 11 548731
CPU-183,413
GPU-193,602
MEM-90,823
UX-80,893

UPDATE

-----The method doesnt or no longer works as OTA does come up or gets forced, There are 2 ways now is to disable/force stop/freeze google play services and services framework to stop google from forcing the t-mobile updates but you will risk breaking push notifications from apps. The other method will require root following an xda user @crimsonrommer post https://xdaforums.com/t/v60-bootloader-unlock-and-magisk-root.4358785/ as rooting stops all ota updates from installing.

-----XDA will not let me delete this thread, mabey due to it working and not working as some wont get forced update and most will get forced.

--Please Delete this posts or ask me to re-edit if it violates or doesnt belong here.

Last edited:

GiftigDegen

Oct 23, 2012
Provo, Utah (Yay google fiber)
Reactions: KouaV1

Mumbles47

Apr 17, 2021
Not sure what went wrong with mine - but I ran the Refurbish option from LG UP 1.6. All seemed good except now the phone doesn't read my SIM or display an IMEI number. Dialing *#06# returns null and I get a nice message on the screen that says 'Service Disabled'

This is the file I tried out

Not sure if this is due to firmware mismatch or some bug in LG UP. Pretty sure the IMEI doesn't get wiped unless you run the ChipErase option.

Anyway - just leaving this here as a word of caution.

I'm also now looking for a way to fix this. Looking for any advise on how to proceed. I'm aware that discussing IMEI stuff on this forum is a bit iffy. I can prove I bought it and have the box with IMEI # stickers and all that. Seems most threads I read here that involve IMEI recovery have at least one accusation that the person stole the phone and is trying to get around a network blacklist.

Mumbles47

Apr 17, 2021
Well I guess i'm a lucky sob.

I was thinking that my IMEI had been wiped and all was lost.

Turns out trying to downgrade the Canadian LGV600TM is just a no good very bad idea.

I used the KDZ Downloader to get Android 11 package and reinstalled it out of desperation and what do ya know - IMEI is read, cell service is back and my SIM card works. Guess i'll have to deal with the A11 bugs for now. Who needs MMS on wifi anywaaaay :mad:

The first clue my IMEI was still intact was when I used the three button combo (Power+Both Volume Keys) to display system info and my IMEI was still there.

Just glad I don't have an expensive brick!

One oddity is that the only lgup_common.dll that worked for me was the one you get from the 1.17 package (v2.1.0.23)

I tried versions 2.1.0.46 (from the A11 20f package) and 2.1.19 (from the A10 10r package) and neither would load in LGUP. Don't know what's magical about that one hosted on mylgphones but it's literally the only one I've found that works.

p.s.
The one lasting effect from my (mis)adventure is that my serial number now reads a very convincing 1234567890ABCD (probably got nuked after trying the PDM method in LGUP only to have that fail with getting stuck in blue factory reset 2 mode)

Anyway. I might try the A10 downgrade again but this time with a file from lg-roms (via KDZ Downloader).

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
One oddity is that the only lgup_common.dll that worked for me was the one you get from the 1.17 package (v2.1.0.23)

I tried versions 2.1.0.46 (from the A11 20f package) and 2.1.19 (from the A10 10r package) and neither would load in LGUP. Don't know what's magical about that one hosted on mylgphones but it's literally the only one I've found that works.

That dll file and LGUP 1.17 are actually originally found by me and are hosted here at xda too.
https://xdaforums.com/posts/81856765/

That it works is just a coincidence. 19 seem to be used for Android 10 and 46 for 11. The 23 is there between. I guess that one has to play with these dlls, if doing some funny stuff like this...

KouaV1

Jun 22, 2015
LG V60 ThinQ
Just to verify, this is the kdz you downloaded for U.S. TMO V60?

Also when I dial that, it just disappears. No popups, no sound, nothing.
it should be fine ive only been on tmobile 20f first software to android 11 then reverted back to android 10 and yes correct

KouaV1

Jun 22, 2015
LG V60 ThinQ
That dll file and LGUP 1.17 are actually originally found by me and are hosted here at xda too.

That it works is just a coincidence. 19 seem to be used for Android 10 and 46 for 11. The 23 is there between. I guess that one has to play with these dlls, if doing some funny stuff like this...
yeah it took alot of messing and trying out those dlls, got confused installed all these versions of lg up and tried all the common dlls and finally got it working. thanks man but the dll that i used from your 1.17 works for both A11 and A10

Also not the carrier brands as well like it will have "Can" next to it meaning canadian firmware. so flash the right one for your device or region

Last edited:

Mumbles47

Apr 17, 2021

Whoa, it's the legend! There's definitely a few sites out there that don't give you much credit. Just wanted to say thanks for the tools you've created. Your blog and xda posts really saved me a lot of time downloading and figuring stuff out. The LGUP UI fixer is particularly cool revealing lots of fun options.

Random question, do you think it's possible to write back my serial number with the Script option? I've been looking for example files but no luck. Wondering if it's just an xml file with the extension renamed?

Mumbles47

Apr 17, 2021
yeah it took alot of messing and trying out those dlls, got confused installed all these versions of lg up and tried all the common dlls and finally got it working. thanks man but the dll that i used from your 1.17 works for both A11 and A10

Also not the carrier brands as well like it will have "Can" next to it meaning canadian firmware. so flash the right one for your device or region

I did happen to try installing the US version of the A10 V600TM firmware when I was looking for solutions to my broken A10 downgrade - LGUP 1.6 just spits out an error. The A10 file I had installed from lg-firmwares.com was marked as OPEN_CA. There might be some issue with that file. Haven't tried the Canadian A10 files from lg-roms yet.

I might just stick with A11 now however, found an old version of textra that has a MMS Wifi Fix option.

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
it's possible to write back my serial number

In that blue screen mode you could try this AT command...***
<function description="Manufacture SN Write" command="AT%MSN=" param="1234567890ABCD" status="0" response="NULL" delay="3"/>

My old device doesn't have this PDM option so I haven't been able to try it myself - yet...

Some quite new examples at hovatek...

edits, fixed typos: in bold

edit2:
this might be easiest way (the command might work in normal mode too) ??
*** reg query HKLM\hardware\devicemap\SERIALCOMM
echo AT%MSN=yourserialnumber>\\.\COM##

Last edited:

KouaV1

Jun 22, 2015
LG V60 ThinQ
I did happen to try installing the US version of the A10 V600TM firmware when I was looking for solutions to my broken A10 downgrade - LGUP 1.6 just spits out an error. The A10 file I had installed from lg-firmwares.com was marked as OPEN_CA. There might be some issue with that file. Haven't tried the Canadian A10 files from lg-roms yet.

I might just stick with A11 now however, found an old version of textra that has a MMS Wifi Fix option.
open_ca thats "canada" kdz, if its t-mobile it will say "TMO".. Yeah you can try CXZa methods to try and write the IMEI. I like LG Up 1.16 of how it checks for antirollback with your current firmware and the current flashing firmware before attempting to flash but I just like to check antirollback with dialer just in case.

Mumbles47

Apr 17, 2021

I'll admit i'm a bit scared to keep trying the PDM method as it would get stuck in factory reset 2 blue screen mode (there would be a timeout error near the end of the AT command process). The only way to get out of this mode was to run the Refurbish command again. Running the Upgrade command would run the install but then the phone would reboot right back into the blue screen again.

I did try that other command you listed. While the phone was booted normally.

Devicemap shows three devices

\Device\LGANDNETMDM0 REG_SZ COM6
\Device\LGANDNETDIAG1 REG_SZ COM4
\Device\LGANDNETDIAG21 REG_SZ COM7

I then tried running commands like

echo AT%MSN=L33TSERIAL4269>\\.\COM4

Then tried the same commands on ports 6 and 7. Didn't seem to have any effect.

I installed AT Command Tester and it was able to connect to COM6. However most commands error out. I can run things like AT+CGMM to get model#. Most other commands don't work even basic ones like AT+CIMI which should return my phone number.

Tonyhomebrewer

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks for the info
I can attest that this procedure does work for the Verizon variant also. You saved me a lot of head banging with this post. I was experiencing several annoying issues with Bluetooth on 11. Everything works fine with 10. My only problem now is that it downloads the new system files and gives me a nag screen to restart. I have tried deleting the cache in my system upgrade apps and have disabled auto updates in Dev options but I can't get rid of the nag screens. Any suggestions?

onedges

May 15, 2016
Thank you so much for providing this guide. I really appreciate it.

I kind of wish it was as simple as dropping the KDZ onto your phone and then the OS recognizing there's an update ready to go though. Just need to do an update, not a rollback.

onedges

May 15, 2016
Thanks for the info
I can attest that this procedure does work for the Verizon variant also. You saved me a lot of head banging with this post. I was experiencing several annoying issues with Bluetooth on 11. Everything works fine with 10. My only problem now is that it downloads the new system files and gives me a nag screen to restart. I have tried deleting the cache in my system upgrade apps and have disabled auto updates in Dev options but I can't get rid of the nag screens. Any suggestions?
Where are you getting the Verizon image files to do this? LG-Firmwares.com looks like it only has the T-Mobile and unlocked international (EA) variants.

I also seem to have encountered some screens not documented in the OP's post. I couldn't even load LG UP to begin with, it would pop up with an error message (see below) and then only give me the option to close the dialogue box. ERROR:
LGUP can't load the model[C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\com

SOLUTION: Extract the ZIP for the LG UP Tool 1.17 and run the LGUP_Cmd.exe first. THEN drop the DLL into place. Not sure what it was doing under the hood it was needed to be ran. I noticed that I didn't have the model folder present either and just dropping it into place without running the EXE was not working.

Advice on this!? I did some of my own research before asking.

question.png

What is the NT code stand for? I found this page which makes it sound like it's used to identify part of the carrier identification: https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-38827.html

I used the REFURBISH option because I wanted a pure clean slate. When that thing popped up, I panicked a little and clicked cancel, thinking that would just revert the entire operation. NOPE! It just chugged ahead and did the whole thing. I should have copied that damn input code. Now I don't even have it. Is there any way to check what my current NT code is? Should I have skipped the download? Should I have written it back in? I really wish cancel actually CANCELLED THE OPERATION. I feel like I just maybe ruined my new phone. 😭

My theory is that "Skip Download", if checked, would have just written a new NT Code and not flashed anything, so the refurbish process has 2 purposes.

Last edited:

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
Is there any way to check what my current NT code is? Should I have skipped the download? Should I have written it back in? I really wish cancel actually CANCELLED THE OPERATION. I feel like I just maybe ruined my new phone.

Do the flashing again? :D Or maybe this works??
AT command "AT%NTCODE?" should say it. Don't know if you have to go to the blue screen mode to do it. "AT%NTCODE=" is for writing it...

onedges

May 15, 2016
Do the flashing again? :D Or maybe this works??
AT command "AT%NTCODE?" should say it. Don't know if you have to go to the blue screen mode to do it. "AT%NTCODE=" is for writing it...
I flashed it again shortly after posting (somehow the system update mechanism locked on to a new version and would eventually trigger a forced upgrade) but no NT code prompt. I also searched around using the "PHONESETTING" option but could not find anything. The next option would be to use a dev or hacked version of LG UP and try the PDM option, however it would not only just read NT code, but attempt another flash and try to write it.

Curious, where would I put that command in? ADB? I'm rather new to all of this. If anybody has the US T-Mobile version, try to capture the NT code and post it here.

Note for others too: after using LG UP to flash, my phone shows up as an "Unknown" model and only lets me launch LG UP for with in download mode first. Prior to this, you could launch LG UP with the phone fully booted and it would do the change over for you. Don't be freaked out.

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
Mentioned at LG Stylo 6 Development discord channel but it's now gone after rearranging...
Curious, where would I put that command in?
I used putty.

Attached is one way to enter to the blue screen mode or whatever. Using an empty kdz file...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Testmode>
    <!--LAFMID 진입 후 MID 파란화면 2 상태에서 단말의 정보를 저장 후 Reset -->
    <function    description="USB_SETTING"                       command="0-0-0"             param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="SP Factory Reset Flag Check"       command="AT%FRSTSTATUS?"    param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="2"                      delay="3"/>
    <function    description="PID Write"                         command="AT%INFO="          param="P,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,A,B,C,D,E,F"  status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="IMEI Write"                        command="AT%IMEI="          param="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,1,2,3,4,7"      status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="BTAD Write"                        command="AT%BTAD="          param="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,A,B"            status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="WIFI MAC Address Write"            command="AT%MAC="           param="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,A,B"            status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Manufacture SN Write"              command="AT%MSN="           param="1234567890ABCD"                     status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Manufacture Date Write"            command="AT%MDATE="         param="2000/01/01"                         status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Suffix Code Write"                 command="AT%SUFFIX="        param="X5-LG.ASBMBK"                       status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="NT Code Write"                     command="AT%NTCODE="        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Mode Reset"                        command="AT%RESTART"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="RESTARTING SYSTEM"      delay="3"/>
    <!--MID2 진입 후 Info check 진행 -->
    <function    description="SLEEP"                             command="0-0-0"             param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="50"/>
    <function    description="USB_SETTING"                       command="0-0-0"             param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Boot Complete Check"               command="AT%FBOOT"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="1"                      delay="3"/>
    <function    description="PID Read"                          command="AT%INFO"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="P1234567890ABCDEF"      delay="3"/>
    <function    description="IMEI Read"                         command="AT%IMEI?"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="123456789012347"        delay="3"/>
    <function    description="HW Version Read"                   command="AT%HWVER"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="BTAD Read"                         command="AT%BTAD"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="1234567890AB"           delay="3"/>
    <function    description="WIFI MAC Address Read"             command="AT%MAC"            param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="1234567890AB"           delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Manufacture SN Read"               command="AT%MSN"            param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="1234567890ABCD"         delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Manufacture Date Read"             command="AT%MDATE"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="2000/01/01"             delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Suffix Code Read"                  command="AT%SUFFIX?"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="X5-LG.ASBMBK"           delay="3"/>
    <function    description="OS Version Read"                   command="AT%OSVER"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="External Socket Memory Check"      command="AT%EMT"            param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Device ID Read"                    command="AT%DEVICEID"       param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="USIM Card Test Result"             command="AT%ISSIM"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>  
    <function    description="AAT Result Check"                  command="AT%DEVICETEST"     param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>  
    <function    description="CAL Data Check"                    command="AT%CALDT"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="QFUSE Check"                       command="AT%EFUSECHECK"     param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Battery Level"                      command="AT%BATTLEVEL"      param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="RAM Memory Size"                   command="AT%RAMSIZE"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Internal Flash Memory Size"        command="AT%EMMCSIZE"       param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Manual Mode Status Check"          command="AT%QEM?"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="0"                      delay="3"/>
    <function    description="NT Code Read"                      command="AT%NTCODE?"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="HW Component Information"          command="AT%HWCOMPONENTINFO" param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <!--function    description="Unlock Code Verify"             command="250-036-003"       param="NULL"                               status="1"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/-->
    <function    description="SIM Lock Type Status Check"        command="AT%SLTYPE?"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Full Signature Status Check"       command="AT%FUSG?"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="IMPL Status"                       command="AT%IMPL?"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="SIM ID Read"                       command="AT%SIMID"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
    <function    description="File CRC Check"                    command="AT%FILECRC"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
    <!-- Factory Reset status 3 및 MID 2공정 Command List -->
    <function    description="SP Factory Reset Cold Boot"        command="AT%FRSTSTATUS=3"   param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="FRST STATUS SET OK"     delay="10"/>
    <function    description="SP Factory Reset Flag Check"       command="AT%FRSTSTATUS?"    param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="3"                      delay="5"/>
    <function    description="Work Factory reset Mode On"        command="AT%WORKFRSTMODEON" param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="WORKFRSTMODEON OK"      delay="3"/>
    <function    description="Power reset"                       command="AT%RESTART"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="RESTARTING SYSTEM"      delay="3"/>
    <function    description="SLEEP"                             command="0-0-0"             param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="200"/>
    <function    description="Setup Wizard Check"                command="AT%FRSTSTATUS?"    param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="5"                      delay="5"/>
    <function    description="Input SW Version"                  command="AT%SWOV"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
    <function    description="Output SW Version"                 command="AT%SWV"            param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
    <function    description="SW Fixed Area Version"             command="AT%SWFV"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
    <function    description="DB CRC Check"                      command="AT%DBCHK"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
    <function    description="FPRI CRC Check"                    command="AT%FPRICRC"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
    <function    description="File CRC Check"                    command="AT%FILECRC"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
    <function    description="Power Off"                         command="AT%POWEROFF"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="10"/>
</Testmode>
(that might work - or not)

Attachments

• PDM.pdf
    238.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Reactions: netmsm

KouaV1

Jun 22, 2015
LG V60 ThinQ
I flashed it again shortly after posting (somehow the system update mechanism locked on to a new version and would eventually trigger a forced upgrade) but no NT code prompt. I also searched around using the "PHONESETTING" option but could not find anything. The next option would be to use a dev or hacked version of LG UP and try the PDM option, however it would not only just read NT code, but attempt another flash and try to write it.

Curious, where would I put that command in? ADB? I'm rather new to all of this. If anybody has the US T-Mobile version, try to capture the NT code and post it here.

Note for others too: after using LG UP to flash, my phone shows up as an "Unknown" model and only lets me launch LG UP for with in download mode first. Prior to this, you could launch LG UP with the phone fully booted and it would do the change over for you. Don't be freaked out.
you can try patched version 1.14 see if it has pdm option or try all those hacked, patched versions. I had this issue with my LG G4 once and flashed the tot and it fixed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Scroll all the way down and read update section

Hello guys after I have been spending sometime trying out dlls for lgup, I have found a way to downgrade my V60 T-mobilefrom A11 back to A10. This is only tested on T-Mobile Variant ONLY, If you do do these steps for the verizon or any other for the downgrade, If within 48hours + you get a pop up of out of date or force update.

-LG mobile drivers(need it so it can detect your V60): https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/lg-mobile-drivers-and-software-CT10000027-20150179827560

-LG firmwares kdz from https://lg-firmwares.com/ (seem to have euro and tmobile kdz, limit 2 download per day)
    http://lg-roms.com/LG-Firmware-List/LMV600VM for verizon

-Get the LG UP files from this website https://www.mylgphones.com/download-lg-up-software

-link to the adb where I got it https://androidmtk.com/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-tool
    or you can use adb app control https://appcontrol.neocities.org/index_en.html

-Dial "*#*#244773825625#*#*" onto your dialar to check anti rollback

-LG's main hidden menu if you need it is "*#546368#*600#"

LG UP

1) youll need to download and install LG UP 1.16 [Original from LG] - No patched - lab version

-2) youll need the " LGUP Common DLL Ver 2.1" from the LG UP 1.17 folder and move it over to your LG UP folder where LG UP was installed then to "model" folder and then finally paste it into your "common" folder

-SET UP - I would highly advise removing sim card and not using wifi(so it wont use data to check software update during setup) after skipping the set ups etc. Also make sure to log out of your google accounts to remove the frp lock on fresh setup so you can skip.

STEPS

Note: in T-Mobile version 10w(possible) and 10x you will get google to notify you of out of date software and will eventually from day 1 - day 30 force update when your not using. I hope this time it works.

Everything involves risk so if you want to try these steps then go ahead but be cautious as Im not responsible for what happens.

1) download the TMO(tmobile) V600TM10S KDZ

2) Eject your sim and also remove you google accounts from device to remove frp. Leave it ejected as you dont want any data connection after flashing as youll need to skip everything and disable the adb packages.

3) Launch LG UP and select refurbish option(note you will lose all your data so Id do a backup of your files somewhere or to the cloud), select your kdz as well for the flash. If you get something from LG UP on NT code or something Id just cancel that pop up and reflash you desired KDZ twice to be safe after its first flash.

2) Skip through the LG and Google Set Ups and enable developer setting by going to Settings>System>About Phone>Software Info> and then just keep tapping build number until you unlocked the developer settings.

3) In developer settings: turn off automatic updates and enable USB Debugging for adb.

4)Use adb app control or adb commands to UNINSTALL (pm uninstall -k --user 0 xxx.xxx.xxx) these 5 packages:
    com.lge.appbox.client
    com.lge.updatecenter
    com.google.android.apps.restore( I think this app can just be disabled since it has the disable button)
    com.google.android.setupwizard.
    com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig(simply just because it says in the apps as device set-up)

5) This is optional but Id just do it for the heck of it otherwise just skip this step. Dial *#546368#*600#>Field Test>WIFI Test>OTA Setting>select and disable each core for each country code and exit.

6) Power Off and insert your sim card and power back on and connect to data services or wifi and enjoy

Tip: Band selection If you want your phone to only search/connect to those frequency bands: Dial "*#546368#*600#">Field Test>Modemn Settings>Band Selection.

Scores Benchmarks

-Geekbench 5.4 Android 10 - 925 single and 3400 multi
    -Geekbench 5.4 Android 11 - 905 single and 3100 multi

Antutu v8.5.7-Android 10 555,407
    CPU-183,322
    GPU-209,203
    MEM-86641
    UX-76,241

Antutu v8.5.7-Android 11 548731
    CPU-183,413
    GPU-193,602
    MEM-90,823
    UX-80,893

UPDATE

-----The method doesnt or no longer works as OTA does come up or gets forced, There are 2 ways now is to disable/force stop/freeze google play services and services framework to stop google from forcing the t-mobile updates but you will risk breaking push notifications from apps. The other method will require root following an xda user @crimsonrommer post https://xdaforums.com/t/v60-bootloader-unlock-and-magisk-root.4358785/ as rooting stops all ota updates from installing.

-----XDA will not let me delete this thread, mabey due to it working and not working as some wont get forced update and most will get forced.

--Please Delete this posts or ask me to re-edit if it violates or doesnt belong here.
    it's possible to write back my serial number

<function description="Manufacture SN Write" command="AT%MSN=" param="1234567890ABCD" status="0" response="NULL" delay="3"/>

My old device doesn't have this PDM option so I haven't been able to try it myself - yet...

Some quite new examples at hovatek...

edits, fixed typos: in bold

edit2:
    Just to verify, this is the kdz you downloaded for U.S. TMO V60?

Also when I dial that, it just disappears. No popups, no sound, nothing.
    Not sure what went wrong with mine - but I ran the Refurbish option from LG UP 1.6. All seemed good except now the phone doesn't read my SIM or display an IMEI number. Dialing *#06# returns null and I get a nice message on the screen that says 'Service Disabled'

This is the file I tried out

Not sure if this is due to firmware mismatch or some bug in LG UP. Pretty sure the IMEI doesn't get wiped unless you run the ChipErase option.

Anyway - just leaving this here as a word of caution.

I'm also now looking for a way to fix this. Looking for any advise on how to proceed. I'm aware that discussing IMEI stuff on this forum is a bit iffy. I can prove I bought it and have the box with IMEI # stickers and all that. Seems most threads I read here that involve IMEI recovery have at least one accusation that the person stole the phone and is trying to get around a network blacklist.
    Mentioned at LG Stylo 6 Development discord channel but it's now gone after rearranging...
    Curious, where would I put that command in?
    I used putty.

Attached is one way to enter to the blue screen mode or whatever. Using an empty kdz file...

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>

<Testmode>
        <!--LAFMID 진입 후 MID 파란화면 2 상태에서 단말의 정보를 저장 후 Reset -->
        <function    description="SP Factory Reset Flag Check"       command="AT%FRSTSTATUS?"    param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="2"                      delay="3"/>
        <function    description="PID Write"                         command="AT%INFO="          param="P,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,A,B,C,D,E,F"  status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
        <function    description="IMEI Write"                        command="AT%IMEI="          param="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,1,2,3,4,7"      status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
        <function    description="BTAD Write"                        command="AT%BTAD="          param="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,A,B"            status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
        <function    description="WIFI MAC Address Write"            command="AT%MAC="           param="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,A,B"            status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Manufacture SN Write"              command="AT%MSN="           param="1234567890ABCD"                     status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Manufacture Date Write"            command="AT%MDATE="         param="2000/01/01"                         status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Suffix Code Write"                 command="AT%SUFFIX="        param="X5-LG.ASBMBK"                       status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
        <function    description="NT Code Write"                     command="AT%NTCODE="        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Mode Reset"                        command="AT%RESTART"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="RESTARTING SYSTEM"      delay="3"/>
        <!--MID2 진입 후 Info check 진행 -->
        <function    description="SLEEP"                             command="0-0-0"             param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="50"/>
        <function    description="Boot Complete Check"               command="AT%FBOOT"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="1"                      delay="3"/>
        <function    description="PID Read"                          command="AT%INFO"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="P1234567890ABCDEF"      delay="3"/>
        <function    description="IMEI Read"                         command="AT%IMEI?"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="123456789012347"        delay="3"/>
        <function    description="HW Version Read"                   command="AT%HWVER"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="BTAD Read"                         command="AT%BTAD"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="1234567890AB"           delay="3"/>
        <function    description="WIFI MAC Address Read"             command="AT%MAC"            param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="1234567890AB"           delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Manufacture SN Read"               command="AT%MSN"            param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="1234567890ABCD"         delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Manufacture Date Read"             command="AT%MDATE"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="2000/01/01"             delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Suffix Code Read"                  command="AT%SUFFIX?"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="X5-LG.ASBMBK"           delay="3"/>
        <function    description="OS Version Read"                   command="AT%OSVER"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="External Socket Memory Check"      command="AT%EMT"            param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Device ID Read"                    command="AT%DEVICEID"       param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="USIM Card Test Result"             command="AT%ISSIM"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>  
        <function    description="AAT Result Check"                  command="AT%DEVICETEST"     param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>  
        <function    description="CAL Data Check"                    command="AT%CALDT"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="QFUSE Check"                       command="AT%EFUSECHECK"     param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Battery Level"                      command="AT%BATTLEVEL"      param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="RAM Memory Size"                   command="AT%RAMSIZE"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Internal Flash Memory Size"        command="AT%EMMCSIZE"       param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Manual Mode Status Check"          command="AT%QEM?"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="0"                      delay="3"/>
        <function    description="NT Code Read"                      command="AT%NTCODE?"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="HW Component Information"          command="AT%HWCOMPONENTINFO" param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <!--function    description="Unlock Code Verify"             command="250-036-003"       param="NULL"                               status="1"    response="NULL"                   delay="3"/-->
        <function    description="SIM Lock Type Status Check"        command="AT%SLTYPE?"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Full Signature Status Check"       command="AT%FUSG?"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="IMPL Status"                       command="AT%IMPL?"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <function    description="SIM ID Read"                       command="AT%SIMID"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="3"/>
        <!-- Factory Reset status 3 및 MID 2공정 Command List -->
        <function    description="SP Factory Reset Cold Boot"        command="AT%FRSTSTATUS=3"   param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="FRST STATUS SET OK"     delay="10"/>
        <function    description="SP Factory Reset Flag Check"       command="AT%FRSTSTATUS?"    param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="3"                      delay="5"/>
        <function    description="Work Factory reset Mode On"        command="AT%WORKFRSTMODEON" param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="WORKFRSTMODEON OK"      delay="3"/>
        <function    description="Power reset"                       command="AT%RESTART"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="RESTARTING SYSTEM"      delay="3"/>
        <function    description="SLEEP"                             command="0-0-0"             param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="200"/>
        <function    description="Setup Wizard Check"                command="AT%FRSTSTATUS?"    param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="5"                      delay="5"/>
        <function    description="Input SW Version"                  command="AT%SWOV"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
        <function    description="Output SW Version"                 command="AT%SWV"            param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
        <function    description="SW Fixed Area Version"             command="AT%SWFV"           param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
        <function    description="DB CRC Check"                      command="AT%DBCHK"          param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
        <function    description="FPRI CRC Check"                    command="AT%FPRICRC"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="STRING"                 delay="10"/>
        <function    description="Power Off"                         command="AT%POWEROFF"        param="NULL"                               status="0"    response="NULL"                   delay="10"/>
    </Testmode>
    (that might work - or not)