LG Watch Urbane not staying on while off the cradle

Search This thread

kanaan360

so uhm yea, after flashing asteroid OS and it not being able to boot into recovery or the os while off the puck (once in the os it was fine, no real progress on a recovery boot till i flashed skin1980 on xda's urbane n-recovery . now no matter what build i flash (that successfully flashes) will stay booted up while off the cradle. Once it's off the cradle it typically immediately shuts down. earlier today it got down to 95% on the latest official(i believe) OTA update without it shutting off. i forget what stock source i originally got it from on xda. i couldn't get any of the ext-4 stuff to flash either.

edit:it's not a battery issue. stays on all day in either the n-recovery or fastboot twrp lasts awhile too

kanaan360

As it turns out, the battery was just old and the circuit board chips were going out. I just changed the battery and it's working fine, I'm on my 17th hour in asteroid os.
Anyone who buys an LG g watch urbane going forward should know to just buy it and replace it the battery it ain't worth the hassle of diagnosing it if an issue pops up

Hash-82

May 4, 2017
so uhm yea, after flashing asteroid OS and it not being able to boot into recovery or the os while off the puck (once in the os it was fine, no real progress on a recovery boot till i flashed skin1980 on xda's urbane n-recovery . now no matter what build i flash (that successfully flashes) will stay booted up while off the cradle. Once it's off the cradle it typically immediately shuts down. earlier today it got down to 95% on the latest official(i believe) OTA update without it shutting off. i forget what stock source i originally got it from on xda. i couldn't get any of the ext-4 stuff to flash either.

edit:it's not a battery issue. stays on all day in either the n-recovery or fastboot twrp lasts awhile too
A further note:
You don't actually have to replace the battery.
There is some sort of varistor on the charge controller of the battery.

It can be seen at 2:10 of this Youtube Video.

General instructions have you remove the SMD, and replace it with a 0 ohm resistor or a "blob" of solder.

I've done two so far. All I do is solder a thin wire across the varistor - leaving it in place.

In my worst case, I went from 1/2 day of battery to 3 days with the display "always on", but I set theater mode when I went to bed.
At the time, that battery over 4 years old. The watch is now 6 years old, and the original battery is still going strong.