• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG Wing Demo/Retail Mode removal.

Search This thread

Renzari

Jun 27, 2018
LG Wing
Hello I got a Wing with Demo mode but I don't know where to start to remove the retail mode and flash official firmware on it. I need tips/help. If this isn't allowed here say so and thank you if you can help :)

Renzari

Jun 27, 2018
LG Wing
Figured it out but now I get this. Help?
Screenshot_20210613-225114.png

pj-

Jun 19, 2010
Using various guides I was able to get most of the retail mode stuff removed. I didn't take very good notes as I was going but could probably dig up what I used if anyone else needs help.

Aside from the 50% limitation, I also have:

1. After reboot, the list of Second Screen compatible apps resets to default
2. Fingerprint reader not usable

Anyone had any luck on either of those?

I also noticed that someone on ebay was selling demo units flashed with a tmobile rom. I spent a bit of time yesterday trying to flash stock retail roms but didn't have any luck..

Reactions: Aleeexx588

Kazkyuu

Aug 3, 2021
Hello, I followed the one of V60 but... there is still the limitation of the battery at 50% and I don't how to remove it.

Hi! How were you able to take the 50 percent limitation off?

I've found a not so great workaround for the charging limitation. Seems like whatever process is limiting the battery charging to 50% is not executed on the factory reset screen. I've gone into this mode on my LG-Wing and have been able to charge the battery completely (just make sure you don't accidentally select yes+ok). I know this is terrible since the screen can't be turned off here and it's mostly just black text on a white background at max brightness, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning. I may try out a few other things later today to see if I can find something else around this charging limitation that could be of any help.

sev7en

Jul 10, 2006
www.maccopoli.net
I've found a not so great workaround for the charging limitation. Seems like whatever process is limiting the battery charging to 50% is not executed on the factory reset screen. I've gone into this mode on my LG-Wing and have been able to charge the battery completely (just make sure you don't accidentally select yes+ok). I know this is terrible since the screen can't be turned off here and it's mostly just black text on a white background at max brightness, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning. I may try out a few other things later today to see if I can find something else around this charging limitation that could be of any help.
Nice spot! It means definitively there is a process to watch on.

pcgumshoe

Apr 9, 2009
Hello, I too have an LG Wing Demo unit with only wifi. When I try to use
the LG Demo app with this pin code 103729, not correct pin. When I get to any point where the next password (L310MC570G) would fit, it also does not work either

My Wing is a Verizon demo.

Any help with any alternate passwords and pins would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

devingubler1

Sep 20, 2017
LG Wing
I saw something about in the v60 demo remove thread that flashing Verizon and then TMobile firmware got all the limitations off. Don't know the first step on doing this myself, I also cannot find any correct password to enable developer options but I'm waiting for any help from anyone.

Cheesequake

Jan 27, 2020
I saw something about in the v60 demo remove thread that flashing Verizon and then TMobile firmware got all the limitations off. Don't know the first step on doing this myself, I also cannot find any correct password to enable developer options but I'm waiting for any help from anyone.
Any chance you have a link to that? I haven't been able to find it after searching.

devingubler1

Sep 20, 2017
LG Wing
I apologize twice 1st don't have a link but 2nd I do say I'm sorry I said the wrong forum. Actually it was in the LG wing guides news and discussion thread titled success! 5g working on demo LG wing. I got a response from the fellow and we texted quite a bit about it but he said his laptop with all the info was on consignment until the 2nd (Thursday). So I thought we could work some sort of deal out but it hasn't happened yet. Apparently flashing the correct image file 1st and then a different image after worked for him. I'm still interested in doing this but not in a hurry like I was at first, I am having a hard time finding the Verizon firmware.

devingubler1

Sep 20, 2017
LG Wing
So I searched again for passwords and I found a reddit lgwing thread that helped me even though the wording isnt very helpful. will update below with any updates
the passwords are found here
https://www.reddit.com/r/LGWing/comments/o1tegn this page says some less than clear wording so i prefer to say this:
When LG Demo app asks for code use the short one 103729.
If the ok button isnt available like for developer options, use the long password L310MC570G
then you enable adb debugging etc as shown in this thread

so what happens after the above is it changes it from you cant do anything to you can do things like power off by putting in the longer password (L310MC570G). sadly the biggest snag still is that it wont go into download mode it just goes into the charging animation (powered off) so cant flash anything until this resolves. my other issue-free wing goes into dl mode no problem.
now it will adb reboot recovery so that might be something hopeful?
anyway if anyone knows what is wrong please help.
thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I followed the one of V60 but... there is still the limitation of the battery at 50% and I don't how to remove it.

Hi! How were you able to take the 50 percent limitation off?

Using various guides I was able to get most of the retail mode stuff removed. I didn't take very good notes as I was going but could probably dig up what I used if anyone else needs help.

Aside from the 50% limitation, I also have:

1. After reboot, the list of Second Screen compatible apps resets to default
    2. Fingerprint reader not usable

Anyone had any luck on either of those?

I also noticed that someone on ebay was selling demo units flashed with a tmobile rom. I spent a bit of time yesterday trying to flash stock retail roms but didn't have any luck..