• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LGUp 1.16.3 Patched Found and Works with LG Wing

Search This thread
Honestly found it on XDA of all places after looking for it all night

What does 1.16 give us that 1.14 doesn't? Everything honestly. Could not get my Wing recognized to flash with 1.14. No 1.15 Patched exists either

We can downgrade with ChipErase (and restore IMEI), we can modify PDM, we can dump the entire phone (will do tomorrow), can upgrade.

See link here for link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...er-w-fastboot-drivers-and-common_dll.4304181/

This was the only working LGUp_Tool that worked outside of LGUP CMD

I wanted this to try other countries firmware files to see if we get other weird results. This should also allow custom KDZ files? from my understanding

ADDED INFO Nov 8, 2021

How to use LGUp Tool From this Download
1.) Download the LGUp 1.16.03 Patched from the XDA Link above
2.) Run the EXE as admin so it can install Drivers and the software properly
3.) Go to the install directory and run the 2 Bat files that are in the folder as admin
Code:
Default: C:\Program Files(x86)\LG Electronics\LGUp
-- Running LGUP_UI-fixer.bat -- run as admin, follow instructions, run the software when it says to, then close it
-- Run LGUP_UI-Fixer-addon.bat -- run as admin, follow steps, then run LGUp.exe when patch complete
You now have a working LGUP Tool 1.16 Patched for the LG Wing

Explaining the functions of LGUP Tool
Code:
REFURBISH: You will lose all user data(KDZ or TOT)

UPGRADE: Keep data and update your phone(KDZ or TOT) - Select Upgrade to flash kdz firmware to unbrick/restore your phone back to stock.

Chip Erase: Dangerous, This will erase IMEI/efs, do not try this if you do not have a NV backup. - Chip Erase can also remove the Google FRP on many LG devices with Android 5.0, 6.0.

PARTITION DL:Flash the single Partition or selected partitions onto your phone. - This feature can solve “unknown model” issues. This feature can be used to bypass Google FRP by flashing specific tot firmware.

DUMP:Dump all partitions of your phone as backup. - Dump the stock firmware from a working phone as back up and use Partition DL to restore phones.

FOTA Upgrade: This can be used to flash OTA Update file that comes with dot up file extension.

PDM: Change imei, wifi address, bluetooth, mac address

video for how to use LGUP Tool to flash the Wing

Last edited:

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
Awesome! I just DL'ed.. don't know when I'll have time to mess around with it. Or if I have the skill set to help. But I would definitely try to help out if I can and be excited for rootable firmware.

twocans

Nov 4, 2021
I plan on making a video I'll put on the post explaining the tool
Holy cow I can’t believe it. You actually found the exact tool that we needed! I went ahead and did a chip erase on my demo model, which had previously been flashed with the Korean firmware from the previous tutorial, and flashed the T-Mobile Firmware. IT WORKED! To get rid of the error at that shows up every time you reboot it, I accessed the hidden menu and changed the TN number to the one associated with TMO_US, as shown in this post.

Thank you!

Holy cow I can’t believe it. You actually found the exact tool that we needed! I went ahead and did a chip erase on my demo model, which had previously been flashed with the Korean firmware from the previous tutorial, and flashed the T-Mobile Firmware. IT WORKED! To get rid of the error at that shows up every time you reboot it, I accessed the hidden menu and changed the TN number to the one associated with TMO_US, as shown in this post.

Thank you!

I still can't get mine to accept a sim card and get data but I can make calls/text and use wifi, which is nice.

I wish Partition DL worked, we'd have the boot.img

I flashed Verizon Firmware and put the Verizon NT Code using PDM Mode, still didn't work. Going to try others later

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
I still can't get mine to accept a sim card and get data but I can make calls/text and use wifi, which is nice.

I flashed Verizon Firmware and put the Verizon NT Code using PDM Mode, still didn't work. Going to try others later
Where did you get the Verizon firmware?

I found a site that had a "KDZ Downloader" and used that to download it. I can upload it here for those who need it once i redownload it here at work

or you can yourself from this post. Just need the LG URL to the firmware

Reactions: kaluna00

twocans

Nov 4, 2021

I bought a mint mobile trial sim from amazon and I’m getting calls, text, and 5G data.

twocans

Nov 4, 2021
I get calls and text, no cell service at all. I had to manually program in an IMEI. My IMEI comes back as 0 if I just flash it without PDM. IMEI doesn't apply via the service menu either
Interesting. I was able to generate an IMEI in the hidden menu after the chip erase and it worked fine. I did also have to re-add my CSN, because that was also removed, and then my phone did an unprompted factory reset and rebooted.

By the way, when you flashed it, did you use Refurbish? Because with my demo unit, it refused to let me do that and would only allow chip erase. I was reluctant, but it turned out fine. And, the only important thing I was unable to reprogram afterwords was the S/N, but it doesn’t really matter to me. (Too bad the fingerprint scanner still doesn’t work though. That’s the only thing left that still isn’t working after all of this.)

Interesting. I was able to generate an IMEI in the hidden menu after the chip erase and it worked fine. I did also have to re-add my CSN, because that was also removed, and then my phone did an unprompted factory reset and rebooted.

By the way, when you flashed it, did you use Refurbish? Because with my demo unit, it refused to let me do that and would only allow chip erase. I was reluctant, but it turned out fine. And, the only important thing I was unable to reprogram afterwords was the S/N, but it doesn’t really matter to me. (Too bad the fingerprint scanner still doesn’t work though. That’s the only thing left that still isn’t working after all of this.)
I plan on testing every function to document what happens, so far I've done Refurbish, Partition DL, Dump, PDM and ChipErase. only Dump didn't work

I tried this earlier...
Post in thread 'LG Wing 5G Network option activation' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lg-wing-5g-network-option-activation.4285275/post-85116977

Am I using the wrong dial code for Verizon?
I have yet to have network work on my demo device regardless of what firmware is on it because my Serial Number and IMEI always come back at 0 and even if I manually enter new ones, it doesn't acivate, although i was able to get to the menu just fine with the standard code in that post.

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
Interesting, I wonder if there's something different in your firmware or kdz...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-112936.png
    Screenshot_20211111-112936.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 31

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
looking at the software version. mine is on
F100VM10i
maybe they (Verizon) patched out the hidden menu. your KDZ is labeled
F100VM10d

???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have no idea. I found all the NT codes on some other forum when I did some Google searching for lg nt codes, but now that I'm looking for it again I cannot find that same forum because I don't remember exactly what I searched
    i found this but i dunno which is for verizon
    OPEN_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,60"
    SKT_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,61"
    KT_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,62"
    LGU_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,63"
    ATT_US "1","310,160,6D38FFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TMO_US "1","310,260,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    USC_US "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,81"
    OPEN_CA "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,82"
    AMZ_US "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,83"
    OPEN_EU "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,11"
    OPEN_CIS "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,12"
    OPEN_RU "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,13"
    OPEN_SCA "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,31"
    OPEN_ESA "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,51"
    OPEN_HK "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,54"
    OPEN_TW "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,55"
    OPEN_SG "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,56"
    OPEN_AU "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,57"
    OPEN_AME "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,71"
    OPEN_CN "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,91"
    TMO_COM "1","262,01F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    ORG_COM "1","208,01F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    H3G_COM "1","222,99F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TMN_PT "1","268,06F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,01"
    PLS_PL "1","260,01F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    P4P_PL "1","260,06F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    O2_GB "1","234,10F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    VIV_BR "1","724,06F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    CLR_BR "1","724,05F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TIM_BR "1","724,02F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    BOI_BR "1","724,16F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TCL_MX "1","334,020,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    Honestly found it on XDA of all places after looking for it all night

What does 1.16 give us that 1.14 doesn't? Everything honestly. Could not get my Wing recognized to flash with 1.14. No 1.15 Patched exists either

We can downgrade with ChipErase (and restore IMEI), we can modify PDM, we can dump the entire phone (will do tomorrow), can upgrade.

See link here for link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...er-w-fastboot-drivers-and-common_dll.4304181/

This was the only working LGUp_Tool that worked outside of LGUP CMD

I wanted this to try other countries firmware files to see if we get other weird results. This should also allow custom KDZ files? from my understanding

ADDED INFO Nov 8, 2021

How to use LGUp Tool From this Download
    1.) Download the LGUp 1.16.03 Patched from the XDA Link above
    2.) Run the EXE as admin so it can install Drivers and the software properly
    3.) Go to the install directory and run the 2 Bat files that are in the folder as admin
    Code:
    Default: C:\Program Files(x86)\LG Electronics\LGUp
    -- Running LGUP_UI-fixer.bat -- run as admin, follow instructions, run the software when it says to, then close it
    -- Run LGUP_UI-Fixer-addon.bat -- run as admin, follow steps, then run LGUp.exe when patch complete
    You now have a working LGUP Tool 1.16 Patched for the LG Wing

Explaining the functions of LGUP Tool
    Code:
    REFURBISH: You will lose all user data(KDZ or TOT)

UPGRADE: Keep data and update your phone(KDZ or TOT) - Select Upgrade to flash kdz firmware to unbrick/restore your phone back to stock.

Chip Erase: Dangerous, This will erase IMEI/efs, do not try this if you do not have a NV backup. - Chip Erase can also remove the Google FRP on many LG devices with Android 5.0, 6.0.

PARTITION DL:Flash the single Partition or selected partitions onto your phone. - This feature can solve “unknown model” issues. This feature can be used to bypass Google FRP by flashing specific tot firmware.

DUMP:Dump all partitions of your phone as backup. - Dump the stock firmware from a working phone as back up and use Partition DL to restore phones.

FOTA Upgrade: This can be used to flash OTA Update file that comes with dot up file extension.

PDM: Change imei, wifi address, bluetooth, mac address

video for how to use LGUP Tool to flash the Wing
    Awesome! I just DL'ed.. don't know when I'll have time to mess around with it. Or if I have the skill set to help. But I would definitely try to help out if I can and be excited for rootable firmware.

I plan on making a video I'll put on the post explaining the tool
    I found a site that had a "KDZ Downloader" and used that to download it. I can upload it here for those who need it once i redownload it here at work

or you can yourself from this post. Just need the LG URL to the firmware

I have no idea. I found all the NT codes on some other forum when I did some Google searching for lg nt codes, but now that I'm looking for it again I cannot find that same forum because I don't remember exactly what I searched
    i found this but i dunno which is for verizon
    OPEN_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,60"
    SKT_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,61"
    KT_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,62"
    LGU_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,63"
    ATT_US "1","310,160,6D38FFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TMO_US "1","310,260,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    USC_US "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,81"
    OPEN_CA "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,82"
    AMZ_US "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,83"
    OPEN_EU "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,11"
    OPEN_CIS "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,12"