• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LGUp 1.16.3 Patched Found and Works with LG Wing

Search This thread
it does not work at all... even when the bootloader is unlocked.

Not something I would know, I've never owned an LG before lol but according to other devices on this forum, it works with bootloader unlocked, just maybe not with this device

Either way, I bricked mine about 10 minutes ago. Until I'm at work Monday, I can't get the back off to pull battery and hope that fixes it

LGUp froze mid-flash during chip erase. That's a GG

Leronex_1

May 6, 2019
AT&T LG G6
LG G8
Back it up by writing it down, use PDM to re-write it as far as I'm aware

incorrect firmware I think. Sounds like you're cross-flashing, which doesn't always work unless you have IMPL unlocked/bootloader unlocked, which we can't do as far as we've all found
Also, IMPL is not an unlocked bootloader. it is like a fuse. and it cannot be set to 0 unless we have pre production firmware with impl 0.

Also, PDM never worked for me, so watch out
Also, it disconnected after chip erase? How far were you? The only way might be to short the testpoints and restore a dump in EDL. But since we don't have a firehose, looks like the only way would be a direct UFS flash (Jtag).

Leronex_1

May 6, 2019
AT&T LG G6
LG G8
Not something I would know, I've never owned an LG before lol but according to other devices on this forum, it works with bootloader unlocked, just maybe not with this device

Either way, I bricked mine about 10 minutes ago. Until I'm at work Monday, I can't get the back off to pull battery and hope that fixes it

LGUp froze mid-flash during chip erase. That's a GG
Well, the dump function does not work because laf (dl mode) has it disabled. If you see someone where it works then on some firmwares it is not blocked. If we would have either a firehose or an unlocked bootloader, then we could just flash the working laf to someone's wing where it does not work.

Also, IMPL is not an unlocked bootloader. it is like a fuse. and it cannot be set to 0 unless we have pre production firmware with impl 0.

Also, PDM never worked for me, so watch out
Also, it disconnected after chip erase? How far were you? The only way might be to short the testpoints and restore a dump in EDL. But since we don't have a firehose, looks like the only way would be a direct UFS flash (Jtag).

PDM was the only way I could get an IMEI to stick. I would use PDM to write an imei, wifi address, bt address etc to the device. It would not fully complete but the imei would stick. I then would use Fac Upgrade with the same firmware file and that'd generate an ESN and valid serial number, and that's how I got mobile data working, but calls/texts still failed (probably due to my carrier, not the phone). I have verizon.

I have flashed the Verizon KDZ before using chip erase and it was fine. I was on the KR Android 11 and tried to go to the Verizon FW to see if it'd fix the calls/text issue, but it froze up mid-flash about 30% in and now the device doesn't show any signs of life. Not on plugin to the computer, not with power button, tried holding vol down+power, nothing works. Have tried everything I could try except unplugging the battery inside as I don't have my heat pad and tools here at home, they're all at work (I co-own an electronics repair shop, I'm the android and computer guy for the shop).

I'm going to wait till monday, try the battery pull. If that fails, I'll throw it on ebay, and buy another demo device after it sells to continue trying to get root and such on these

Like you said, needs pre-production firmware... who knows if that's actually been on one of these demo's and we didn't realize because we removed it.

I also have the full firmware dumped and converted to all IMG files (boot, system, super, vbmeta, userdata, etc.)

Leronex_1

May 6, 2019
AT&T LG G6
LG G8
PDM was the only way I could get an IMEI to stick. I would use PDM to write an imei, wifi address, bt address etc to the device. It would not fully complete but the imei would stick. I then would use Fac Upgrade with the same firmware file and that'd generate an ESN and valid serial number, and that's how I got mobile data working, but calls/texts still failed (probably due to my carrier, not the phone). I have verizon.

I have flashed the Verizon KDZ before using chip erase and it was fine. I was on the KR Android 11 and tried to go to the Verizon FW to see if it'd fix the calls/text issue, but it froze up mid-flash about 30% in and now the device doesn't show any signs of life. Not on plugin to the computer, not with power button, tried holding vol down+power, nothing works. Have tried everything I could try except unplugging the battery inside as I don't have my heat pad and tools here at home, they're all at work (I co-own an electronics repair shop, I'm the android and computer guy for the shop).

I'm going to wait till monday, try the battery pull. If that fails, I'll throw it on ebay, and buy another demo device after it sells to continue trying to get root and such on these

Like you said, needs pre-production firmware... who knows if that's actually been on one of these demo's and we didn't realize because we removed it.

I also have the full firmware dumped and converted to all IMG files (boot, system, super, vbmeta, userdata, etc.)
Do you have ALL partitions from the demo dumped? like i mean not only the ones from the kdz.
If yes, i would give you a google drive link, could you upload it there?

d4rkmidian

Jul 4, 2013
Hi.
While trying to find a way to unlock bootloader on LM-Q710MS i accidentally check erase chip from LGUP (patch one) then cancel it while it goes and tried to factory reset from recovery then it went off. no power no cable power no screen... :( :( :( what i can do?

Hi.
While trying to find a way to unlock bootloader on LM-Q710MS i accidentally check erase chip from LGUP (patch one) then cancel it while it goes and tried to factory reset from recovery then it went off. no power no cable power no screen... :( :( :( what i can do?
Brick... sorry to tell you. There's no coming back from this as of this moment that we know of

My LG Wing is in the exact same state. There's zero ways to get my device to power on right now, and it sounds like similar happened with you. cancelled at the worst time and now its done.

For me, LGUp froze mid-flash and didn't finish, causing it to brick. No power, no usb recognition, nothing.

Ah damn. Do you have discord? Would you mind doing some experiments to maybe revive the WING?

there's literally nothing. No power, no cable power, no computer recognition. Until I can pull the back off, there's nothing I can do. I've been through this before, I flash probably 100 devices a week. Mine is a brick until at least monday when i can hope a battery pull saves it

d4rkmidian

Jul 4, 2013
Brick... sorry to tell you. There's no coming back from this as of this moment that we know of

My LG Wing is in the exact same state. There's zero ways to get my device to power on right now, and it sounds like similar happened with you. cancelled at the worst time and now its done.

For me, LGUp froze mid-flash and didn't finish, causing it to brick. No power, no usb recognition, nothing.

there's literally nothing. No power, no cable power, no computer recognition. Until I can pull the back off, there's nothing I can do. I've been through this before, I flash probably 100 devices a week. Mine is a brick until at least monday when i can hope a battery pull saves it
Thanks for the quick respond.
I found here in xda someone with the same as bricked *LG (g2) said you can short 2 capacitors to IC by disconnect components such us battery buttons etc., or de-solder the chip and re-programming in chip socket. Today i will try the short thing with wire 'cause i dont have any airhot gun or chip socket for reprogramming. But i have low expectations. "Sad noises"

Last edited:
Ah damn. Do you have discord? Would you mind doing some experiments to maybe revive the WING?

Thanks for the quick respond.
I found here in xda someone with the same brick LG (g2) said you can short 2 capacitors to IC by disconnect components such us battery buttons etc., or de-solder the chip and re-programming in chip socket. Today i will try the short thing with wire 'cause i dont have any airhot gun or chip socket for reprogramming. But i have low expectations. "Sad noises"
A g2 and a wing are going to be very different phones and those components are going to be 100% different... As someone who works on devices day in and day out and knows people who do micro soldering for a living, I do not recommend trying a tutorial from a completely different device that is multiple years old.

d4rkmidian

Jul 4, 2013
A g2 and a wing are going to be very different phones and those components are going to be 100% different... As someone who works on devices day in and day out and knows people who do micro soldering for a living, I do not recommend trying a tutorial from a completely different device that is multiple years old.
Mine is LG Stylo 4 (lm-q710ms) metropcs, i need to find the diagram to see if there any changes and how the trick with wire works if that resets it, also if the chip is the same.

Last edited:

d4rkmidian

Jul 4, 2013
IMG_20211127_044459.jpg

I dont have heatgun and didnt find any schematics, also the images from the link about the wiring are not showing (corrupted?).
Without the battery the screen just turn on by plugging the usb but not recognised by windows.
So im in dead end.

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_044523.jpg
    IMG_20211127_044523.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 5

none of that will work for us. We don't have the firmware files for the 9006 flashing method, bootloaders have to be unlocked to flash anything in fastboot, and every method on that post requires a computer to see the device. From the sound of it, our devices are the same... No power what so ever so unless we can get them to turn on to at least download mode for LGUp, they're paper weights

d4rkmidian

Jul 4, 2013
none of that will work for us. We don't have the firmware files for the 9006 flashing method, bootloaders have to be unlocked to flash anything in fastboot, and every method on that post requires a computer to see the device. From the sound of it, our devices are the same... No power what so ever so unless we can get them to turn on to at least download mode for LGUp, they're paper weights
i can't find anywhere any schematics-diagrams.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
i can't find anywhere any schematics-diagrams.

Well yeah, companies don't release those anymore to the public in fears of other companies reverse engineering their products.

Back in the 1950's, car manuals came with instructions on how to change your own oil, now they come with a warning label stating to bring it into the dealership because if you drink the oil, you might die lol

d4rkmidian

Jul 4, 2013
That's true but we can do it.

Qualcomm has think of it you just need basic electronics knowledge and search for things.
You can check the pcb for test points with multimeter.
You can desolder the chip and mount to dedicated socket for reflash, like bios chips.
Just dont give up.

thanks for answering about dump function.

so... if i want to try kr firmware with android Q, can i just simplify cross flash kr kdz using upgrade feature?
or it requires a chip erase?

same att version as mentioned before.

============================================

Edit:
it seems cross flashing is not avaliable with a locked bootloader?
tried eu/kr/tmo/verizon kdz with refurbish/upgrade even chip erase and none of them works.
att model is NA1_US, tmo firmware is NA2_US and verizon is NA3_US, LGUP shows can't change device.

further more, i can't get into fastboot mode but only fastbootd, that's weird, i've never seen a phone acts like this.
tried adb reboot bootloader and fastboot reboot bootloader (in fastbootd mode) both booted to main Android OS.
imo this might because of AT&T?

also tried connect to my pc with volume down hold, results... nothing happened but only charging animation.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have no idea. I found all the NT codes on some other forum when I did some Google searching for lg nt codes, but now that I'm looking for it again I cannot find that same forum because I don't remember exactly what I searched
    i found this but i dunno which is for verizon
    OPEN_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,60"
    SKT_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,61"
    KT_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,62"
    LGU_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,63"
    ATT_US "1","310,160,6D38FFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TMO_US "1","310,260,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    USC_US "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,81"
    OPEN_CA "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,82"
    AMZ_US "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,83"
    OPEN_EU "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,11"
    OPEN_CIS "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,12"
    OPEN_RU "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,13"
    OPEN_SCA "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,31"
    OPEN_ESA "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,51"
    OPEN_HK "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,54"
    OPEN_TW "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,55"
    OPEN_SG "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,56"
    OPEN_AU "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,57"
    OPEN_AME "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,71"
    OPEN_CN "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,91"
    TMO_COM "1","262,01F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    ORG_COM "1","208,01F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    H3G_COM "1","222,99F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TMN_PT "1","268,06F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,01"
    PLS_PL "1","260,01F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    P4P_PL "1","260,06F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    O2_GB "1","234,10F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    VIV_BR "1","724,06F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    CLR_BR "1","724,05F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TIM_BR "1","724,02F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    BOI_BR "1","724,16F,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TCL_MX "1","334,020,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    Honestly found it on XDA of all places after looking for it all night

What does 1.16 give us that 1.14 doesn't? Everything honestly. Could not get my Wing recognized to flash with 1.14. No 1.15 Patched exists either

We can downgrade with ChipErase (and restore IMEI), we can modify PDM, we can dump the entire phone (will do tomorrow), can upgrade.

See link here for link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...er-w-fastboot-drivers-and-common_dll.4304181/

This was the only working LGUp_Tool that worked outside of LGUP CMD

I wanted this to try other countries firmware files to see if we get other weird results. This should also allow custom KDZ files? from my understanding

ADDED INFO Nov 8, 2021

How to use LGUp Tool From this Download
    1.) Download the LGUp 1.16.03 Patched from the XDA Link above
    2.) Run the EXE as admin so it can install Drivers and the software properly
    3.) Go to the install directory and run the 2 Bat files that are in the folder as admin
    Code:
    Default: C:\Program Files(x86)\LG Electronics\LGUp
    -- Running LGUP_UI-fixer.bat -- run as admin, follow instructions, run the software when it says to, then close it
    -- Run LGUP_UI-Fixer-addon.bat -- run as admin, follow steps, then run LGUp.exe when patch complete
    You now have a working LGUP Tool 1.16 Patched for the LG Wing

Explaining the functions of LGUP Tool
    Code:
    REFURBISH: You will lose all user data(KDZ or TOT)

UPGRADE: Keep data and update your phone(KDZ or TOT) - Select Upgrade to flash kdz firmware to unbrick/restore your phone back to stock.

Chip Erase: Dangerous, This will erase IMEI/efs, do not try this if you do not have a NV backup. - Chip Erase can also remove the Google FRP on many LG devices with Android 5.0, 6.0.

PARTITION DL:Flash the single Partition or selected partitions onto your phone. - This feature can solve “unknown model” issues. This feature can be used to bypass Google FRP by flashing specific tot firmware.

DUMP:Dump all partitions of your phone as backup. - Dump the stock firmware from a working phone as back up and use Partition DL to restore phones.

FOTA Upgrade: This can be used to flash OTA Update file that comes with dot up file extension.

PDM: Change imei, wifi address, bluetooth, mac address

video for how to use LGUP Tool to flash the Wing
    Awesome! I just DL'ed.. don't know when I'll have time to mess around with it. Or if I have the skill set to help. But I would definitely try to help out if I can and be excited for rootable firmware.

I plan on making a video I'll put on the post explaining the tool
    Where did you get the Verizon firmware?
    I found a site that had a "KDZ Downloader" and used that to download it. I can upload it here for those who need it once i redownload it here at work

or you can yourself from this post. Just need the LG URL to the firmware

I have no idea. I found all the NT codes on some other forum when I did some Google searching for lg nt codes, but now that I'm looking for it again I cannot find that same forum because I don't remember exactly what I searched
    i found this but i dunno which is for verizon
    OPEN_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,60"
    SKT_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,61"
    KT_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,62"
    LGU_KR "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,63"
    ATT_US "1","310,160,6D38FFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    TMO_US "1","310,260,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"
    USC_US "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,81"
    OPEN_CA "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,82"
    AMZ_US "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,83"
    OPEN_EU "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,11"
    OPEN_CIS "1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,12"