Question Light around Front Camera ?

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
Has anyone noticed that a circular light sometimes appears around the front camera sensor.

It seems to happen me when my face unlock fails to work.

There is no info on this light.

If it is there,

Are there any settings for it ?

It would be good as a notification light

manus31

May 7, 2016
I haven't tried it but this seems to be a solution which works on another Realme device:

apsol

Mar 28, 2011
Spain
That is to show something is using your camera, it's a new privacy safety feature.

For example if some shady app is recording you that's a way of telling you. Same for the rear camera, it shows a green dot on right side.

Apr 9, 2022
Has anyone noticed that a circular light sometimes appears around the front camera sensor.

If it is there,

I think this light can be used even for notifications like the Redmi K20 Pro phone which has a light on the pop-up camera and I used this phone for a long time. This light looks cool if it is in the Realme GT 2 Pro!
I'm in India and it is releasing on 14th April so I'm still waiting for this phone.

RedNas74

Sep 20, 2009
I have a Samsung S21 from my work and that does exact the same thing with the selfie camera. I think it's an android 12 thing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If it is there,

That is to show something is using your camera, it's a new privacy safety feature.

For example if some shady app is recording you that's a way of telling you. Same for the rear camera, it shows a green dot on right side.