light bleed from the home button

Search This thread

Imprezed

Jul 19, 2010
It's only noticeable on black or really dark backgrounds but does everyone else's home button bleed a bit of light into the screen or just mine? I'll see if I can snap a pic tomorrow.

blkout01

Yeah noticed this from day one. Mine is not just on the really dark screens either but I think every phone I've ever had has had something like this in one way or another....no biggie.

(that's what she said)

Sent from my Free at last Evo Lte...

starplaya93

Sep 20, 2009
I noticed earlier today that I have this as well in pretty much the same exact spot. It starts from the home key and goes on towards about an inch or so, inward toward the screen.

Do you guys know if this justifies an exchange from BestBuy? I'm just concerned that it may get worse because that's how these things tend to play out over time.

chadmartin

May 5, 2009
I had the same problem when I first booted up my phone but now it has disappeared and hasn't come back .

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
Mine was ordered via TeleSales. Should I call them and report this for a replacement, or take to a store and get a replacement there? Will the store replace it if I got it online?

Shinzul

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2010
Virginia
If you have light bleed issues, you should get a replacement. Mine is perfect - zero light bleed. First HTC device I've owned that didn't have at least a little.

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
anyone have a black wallpaper that I can use to check this out too?

Black-Wallpaper.jpg

jrcbandit

Jun 6, 2010
I don't have any noticeable bleeding in black backgrounds, but the lights at the bottom of the screen are very noticeable in other colors, especially white. It doesn't bleed really into the screen, but there is a pattern of small bright lines at the bottom of the screen.

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
I don't have any noticeable bleeding in black backgrounds, but the lights at the bottom of the screen are very noticeable in other colors, especially white. It doesn't bleed really into the screen, but there is a pattern of small bright lines at the bottom of the screen.

Yep, same issue here. Seems most noticeable in the first settings menu.

FattySparks

Jul 14, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I noticed earlier today that I have this as well in pretty much the same exact spot. It starts from the home key and goes on towards about an inch or so, inward toward the screen.

Do you guys know if this justifies an exchange from BestBuy? I'm just concerned that it may get worse because that's how these things tend to play out over time.

You have 30 days to do whatever you want with it.

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
I had light bleed on my first EVO LTE. The light bleed is most apparent when the button lights are on, the screen backlight is at its dimmest setting, and the screen is black. A great way to test is to install the flash-the-brain.com FlashLight app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.flashLight) and swipe down to set it to the dimmest setting. A picture of my first phone and the replacement are below (this was a long exposure in a completely dark room, so it didn't look quite so bad in real life):

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1060662.s.jpg
    P1060662.s.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,027

kegacide

Dec 21, 2007
I have it also, i didn't always notice it but definitely there at times... must be when the lights are on the buttons like ahecht pointed out

i dont know if it gets worse though, should i exchange?