Light flow... Does it work?

Search This thread

cyphomatic

Jan 12, 2013
I just tested and i can't get light flow to change the charging LED. It doesn't even turn off if you disable the notification light in Androids DIsplay settings.

To bad. It's keeping me awake at night and really holding me from buying a dock.

Fruktsallad

May 15, 2011
I just tested and i can't get light flow to change the charging LED. It doesn't even turn off if you disable the notification light in Androids DIsplay settings.

I've been able to sort of fix this using Light Manager. I select a really dark color (almost black) for both charging and fully charged set it to be always on (no blinking).

It's kinda finicky, though, and sometimes it takes a few moments until it LM takes over from the built in notification light. For me, Light Manager works better than Light Flow. YMMV, it's possible to do this with both of them.

Reactions: 3Shirts

3Shirts

Jan 18, 2009
Bedford
I've been able to sort of fix this using Light Manager. I select a really dark color (almost black) for both charging and fully charged set it to be always on (no blinking).

It's kinda finicky, though, and sometimes it takes a few moments until it LM takes over from the built in notification light. For me, Light Manager works better than Light Flow. YMMV, it's possible to do this with both of them.

Just wanted to say that I have done this with Light Flow and it works great. It still shows the default charging colours when the screen is on, but when it's off it uses the ones in light flow. The trick is to use anything but totally black. I set it with the HEX code to FF000001 and it works.

That is on a full-size Z3 but I can't imagine the hardware is different regarding LEDs.

Last edited:

denhans08

Dec 25, 2012
I use light manager and it does work with a dark colour to set the charging/charged led colour. (dark blue)

BUT
When I use sleep mode (so I get to notification lights) the charging/charged trick doesn't work ....

So I have to dissable sleep mode

anyone has a solution for this?

tertom

Aug 18, 2010
Lightflow doesn't seem to work for me neither.
Is there any other option without rooting the device (no option, as it's for the device of my girlfriend)

tertom

Aug 18, 2010
Works perfectly for me. Keep trying. Make sure it's enabled in settings security notification access.

Sent from my D5803
Hmmmm very good point. Thx for the advice. I think I activated this after the installation of Light Flow. I remember some red info message bugging me ;) But to be honest I can't find this setting anymore. Where can I reconfigure/ review this?

sxtester

Sep 11, 2014
Hmmmm very good point. Thx for the advice. I think I activated this after the installation of Light Flow. I remember some red info message bugging me ;) But to be honest I can't find this setting anymore. Where can I reconfigure/ review this?

Settings -> Security -> Notification Access

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works like a sharm! No root necessary. The new notification light is much better then the speaker built in thing from the z1c.
    Tested "Light Manager" and that works, too.
    Yup, I have the paid for version of Light Flow setup and working perfectly!

If using the dock your "hack" is useless.

Flip it over.