Light use endurance

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Once in a while, when your significant other yells at you, you might use your phone a bit less. Rate this thread to express how the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4's battery performs under light use. A higher rating indicates that the device goes a long time when you're using the phone sparingly: no gaming or video/audio streaming, light web browsing, some calling and texts, etc.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
I am using Mi Pad 4 LTE from month and I am able to share my experience with battery optimalisation I have done on this tablet and on my other devices sony xperia z3 compact (snap 801) and samsung galaxy tab 4 lte (old exinos with a7 cores). I have done the same procedures on all 3 devices .
Standby mode . Sony reports 1mA power consumption and pad 4 = 14mA and the difference is : sony has all time gsm modem enabled for be active in gsm network and pad 4 has gsm modem disabled . I charge sony sometimes every 3 days sometimes every 5 days .
The normal use of device to surf internet in samsung internet with wifi or modem enabled . The galaxy needs 230-240 mA and mi pad 4 needs 500mA . Galaxy has 4000mah battery and mi pad 4 has 6000mah and galaxy with old battery works longer !
The power consumption in mi pad 4 is very high . This parameter sets this tablet between bad devices with short time of working .

Incogn

Dec 8, 2016
I am using Mi Pad 4 LTE from month and I am able to share my experience with battery optimalisation I have done on this tablet and on my other devices sony xperia z3 compact (snap 801) and samsung galaxy tab 4 lte (old exinos with a7 cores). I have done the same procedures on all 3 devices .
Standby mode . Sony reports 1mA power consumption and pad 4 = 14mA and the difference is : sony has all time gsm modem enabled for be active in gsm network and pad 4 has gsm modem disabled . I charge sony sometimes every 3 days sometimes every 5 days .
The normal use of device to surf internet in samsung internet with wifi or modem enabled . The galaxy needs 230-240 mA and mi pad 4 needs 500mA . Galaxy has 4000mah battery and mi pad 4 has 6000mah and galaxy with old battery works longer !
The power consumption in mi pad 4 is very high . This parameter sets this tablet between bad devices with short time of working .
Mi pad has great battery life. Show me a single review where it says otherwise.

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
There are 3 posibilites:
- problem of pad 4 (possible because on stock is the same)
- problem of snap 660 (if - other devices not possible to optimise)
- LSpeed does not work correct with 660 and it should be replaced