LightMyPi Android App - Control GPIO without SSH and WebioPi wirelessly

Search This thread

juniorhero

Jun 8, 2015
I want to share the project I was working on an android app to control all GPIO pins of Rapsberry Pi wirelessly from Android Phone without using SSH nor WebioPi nor port forwarding

pic1.png

pic.png

Download from Google Play Store
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lightmypi

The app communicates with your Raspberry without using SSH nor WebIoPi

You need to install a web server, PHP handler and wiringPi and switch.php file on your raspberry to get this app working.

I have given a detailed guide on github along with switch.php file

github.com/juniorhero/raspberrypi2
Read more on Github

If you install Weaved on HTTP port 80, then you can access the GPIO pins from anywhere in the world using LightMyPi app

I am sure you will like this app, please try it and let me know if you face any difficulties :fingers-crossed:

djepayne

Aug 17, 2017
Tualatin, OR
I've followed the directions on github, however when I run the weaved-nixinstaller_1.2.13.bin I choose option 2 and it sets up port 80 OK but then it asks for my Weave email address and password. I gave it my email and invented a password, but then it says:

You are missing a valid session token and must be logged back in.

I also installed the Android app lightmypi, however there is no place to enter an email and password, so it's very confusing how the Android app is supposed to connect to my pi. Probably the issue is with the weaved-nixinstaller not finishing correctly.

I did some Google search and discover that I have to first create a Weaved account online, however they are not accepting new accounts, rather they direct me to setup an account at www dot remot3 dot it. What a run around.

Any help is appreciated, because I am so close to testing this all out.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to share the project I was working on an android app to control all GPIO pins of Rapsberry Pi wirelessly from Android Phone without using SSH nor WebioPi nor port forwarding

pic1.png

pic.png

Download from Google Play Store
    play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lightmypi

The app communicates with your Raspberry without using SSH nor WebIoPi

You need to install a web server, PHP handler and wiringPi and switch.php file on your raspberry to get this app working.

I have given a detailed guide on github along with switch.php file

github.com/juniorhero/raspberrypi2
    Read more on Github

If you install Weaved on HTTP port 80, then you can access the GPIO pins from anywhere in the world using LightMyPi app

I am sure you will like this app, please try it and let me know if you face any difficulties :fingers-crossed: