Lightning Launcher recommendation

Search This thread

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
I haven't seen anyone talk about this launcher, but it is awesome. Yes, you have to pay for it, but with the amount of customizations available it's well worth it. I know I'm a newb around here, and this post may not be taken seriously, but I thought I'd try to get a great dev paid to keep up such great work. Best feature that I've been looking for for over a year is being able to put widgets inside a folder on your home screen.

And that's my 2 cents. Please don't be too harsh, remember I'm a newb around here. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

danny39

Jun 26, 2009
Chicago, IL
I haven't seen anyone talk about this launcher, but it is awesome. Yes, you have to pay for it, but with the amount of customizations available it's well worth it. I know I'm a newb around here, and this post may not be taken seriously, but I thought I'd try to get a great dev paid to keep up such great work. Best feature that I've been looking for for over a year is being able to put widgets inside a folder on your home screen.

And that's my 2 cents. Please don't be too harsh, remember I'm a newb around here. :)

Be easy on the noob, but this should be in the Themes and Apps section of the forum. Hopefully a mod moves it.

But back to the launcher, looks cool but I prefer TouchWiz, I'm one of those :p

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
Now I looked on the playstore and assume your talking about the "lightning launcher extreme" cause that is the one that cost . correct?

Sent from my ATT S4 MF3 using Tapatalk

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
Be easy on the noob, but this should be in the Themes and Apps section of the forum. Hopefully a mod moves it.

But back to the launcher, looks cool but I prefer TouchWiz, I'm one of those :p

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

:) I hear ya. I just can't do enough with tw to make me happy. ;)

oak

Aug 31, 2006
Colorado
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I am checking out the free version now.

Sent from my SGH-I337 (CM10.2 - Faux 13m - TWRP 2.5.0.2) using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
This is the "Tasker" of launchers. It's incredibly powerful & customizable. Just a bit of a learning curve. But much like with Tasker, once you do a few things, the rest gets a lot easier to figure out.

I actually got frustrated the first time I tried the free Lightning Launcher. And gave up on it the first day.
Read your thread and got the ambition to try it out again.
Really glad I did.
Nova Prime has been outstanding for me, but I was missing some customization options and Nova Prime developer team has not responded to my inquiries. So I'm going to double-down and watch a couple Lightning Launcher videos and figure it out.

I really, really like that it lets you have multiple home screen/profile setups. So if I'm right, I can pull up a different homescreen setup for each Tasker profile I have set up.

Also, there are profile/themes you can download from Play Store that give you some pre-arranged fancy-ass customization. Just to get you started.

delutedsoul23

Aug 3, 2010
arkansas
Lightning launcher is amazing. When I first came across it I was completely lost. Once you get the hang of it...I haven't used another launcher since. Plus the developer is constantly updating it. Great app well worth the money guys

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
Lightning launcher is amazing. When I first came across it I was completely lost. Once you get the hang of it...I haven't used another launcher since. Plus the developer is constantly updating it. Great app well worth the money guys

He also responds pretty fast when you email him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

electricpete1

Aug 12, 2012
Sounds intriguing. Can you explain briefly the benefit of having widgets in folders on homescreen? Thx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Here is one of my folders. Sucks that XDA widget isn't offered with a dark theme.

Keep in mind that widgets slow down folder performance by a tiny bit.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1388180988586.jpg
    1388180988586.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 588

sifuentes2013

Jan 1, 2013
I have tried lightning launcher and will say that it was one of the most horrid launchers on the market....using the s4 the only launcher I can say is pretty decent is nova prime and solo launcher....both are perfect launchers with no glitches and tons of customizations and themes

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

sifuentes2013

Jan 1, 2013
A new launcher is on the market called comet launcher...another good solid launcher...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

ZPaul2Fresh8

Mar 23, 2012
Millbury, OH
Google Experience Launcher is perfect for me. Not overly done like most launchers. The drawer is super clean with larger detailed icons and has Google Now integrated into the home screen...

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ericchaffey

Aug 8, 2013
Not for the faint of heart...

I love Lightning Launcher and can't say I did the first 5 times I tried it. At first, it is very intimidating for those that are used to the normal/simple way of laying out your homescreen/desktop. I have tried pretty much every launcher out there and love the benefits everyone provides, but have to admit, they are all essentially the same ole desktop, offering nothing truly innovative.

If you want to see the power of LLX, are worried about bugs and improvements, check the Google plus community: https://plus.google.com/115359051724948606262/

Again, this is only for those experienced enough that want something absolutely unique. If you are content with basic folders, simply swiping left/right and having the normal desktop setup this wont be for you. If you actually want freedom to make your desktop look the way you want, give LL a try.

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
LLX

I haven't had any problems with it at all. The customization is still amazing, and everyone in the g+ forum is nice and helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tsf shell is the best launcher I've found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-1337 using Tapatalk 4

For $16.81 it better mow my lawn too.