• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LightningFastRom-17.1 (Q/10)

Search This thread

DJABHipHop

Dec 7, 2017
pressthemes.freesite.host
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

About Lightning Fast Rom:
Lighting Fast Rom Is Android based rom for older devices based on LineageOS aims to*make Android classy by deleting all the useless, ugly and outdated stuff the LineageOS base rom, So feel Tweak, Move, Add, Remove, Redesign & Forward port to the Lightning Fast Rom source and post the links to those repo for mw to check out and cherry pick your code from.

Disclaimer:
LightningFastRom (LightningFastRom Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Features
==========================================================================================
This List also apply to Pie but with a grain of salt as every listed here may not be present or may be incomplete in Pie.

Code:
What's Been Tweeks
-------------------------
1. Everything so far.

What's Need to Tweeks
1. Everything else.
2. Cleander still being redone?

What's Been Added
 1. Darkmode to all the apps thanks to SuperiorOS. 
       - Messagings.
       - Gallery2.
       - Contacts.
       - Dialer.
       - Cleander still being redone?
       - Calculator (Always Darkmode).
       - DeskClock (Always Darkmode).

3. Pixel style to all the apps thanks https://github.com/allstargaurav/The-Adaptive-Project & https://github.com/moctodot/adaptive-icons
       - Messagings.
       - Gallery2.
       - Contacts.
       - Dialer.
       - Calendar IconOnly?
       - Calculator.
       - DeskClock.
       - Setting (Icon background change to what accent color you pick).

4. Pixel look add to Setting search bar.

5. Native Screen recording, But it does not work yet.

5. Auto darkmode.

6. Samsung style lockscreen clock theme

6. trebuchet know show the weather be default on the first page instead where the QSB normaly appers I can live with Thats. 

7. bromite-webview with adblock support.

What's Been Removed
1. LineageOS Statistics there onto us.
2. LineageOS Networks Traffic not very useful at all, apps & widget are better.
3. Volume button control media playback.
4. Audio Visularon on LockScreen & in Eleven (Yuck ????).
5. Lineage Weather not useful apps & widget are better.
6. Lockscreen Media Art (Yuck ????).

What's Been Redesign
1. Battery Percentage (Simple toggle like iOS it's either On or Off ).
2. SQ Panel with blur background to reduse distractions and a bunsh of thening form Revengos.
2. UI Switches have been themed to look like OOS(OxygenOS) thanks to InFusionX-OS along with fingurepint animation also all the other animation have cut in half.

What's Been Shuffled
1. Some of the Setting in Setting & LineageParts

Known issues:
  • Calendar UI not perfect.
  • Screen recording works, But Native Screen recording does not work yet.
  • MTP.
  • Back camera preview is dark and probably doesn't save photos and videos
  • Wi-Fi display.
  • Magisk doesn't work, you can use this ROM just unrooted.
  • Netflix and other apps that want a certified device and Safetynet passed don't work and you can't find them on Play Store for these reasons.
  • Offline Charging.
  • IR Blaster on matissewifi & milletltetmo have not been fixed yet.

Instructions:
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads:
Unofficial build (04.12.2020):
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1(matisse)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0(millet)

Source code:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (matisse)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 (millet)
Common
Rom Source

Additional Resource

Additional Device Support Ban Found Here
Galaxy_Tab_4

Nightly Build can be found here
LightFastRoms

Additional Rom Support Ban Found Here
LightningFastRom

For Any Who Wants Learn About Android Development
alaskalinuxuser_romdevelopment

XDA:Information
LightningFastRom-17.1 (Q/10) for Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (matisse) & 8.0 (millet), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (matisse) & 8.0 (millet)1

Contributors
DJABHipHop,
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock LP

Version Information

Created 2019-09-23
Last Updated 2020-12-04

Last edited:

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
are you kidding me android 10 for this device. lineage 17.1 is it not android 10. if this true.that is one awsome build what's required bdfor the installation.

brewer75

Feb 15, 2013
Pickerington
Nexus 7
Motorola Xoom
will this work for sm330nu as well.

Yes, I have an SM-T330NU and have been successful in flashing 17.1. However, make sure you have the newest TWRP installed and, unless you have different results than I've had, don't expect to root or install gapps on your tablet. This 17.1 build is very quick and smooth and I'm sure @DJABHipHop will continue to improve the builds over time.

UPDATE...I still can't get root but I have successfully flashed NikGapps and now have access to Google Play Store. I had tried OpenGapps and BitGapps in the past with no luck. I am also not having success with location services and SMS does not work for me, I get an error message that SMS is disabled on the tablet.

Last edited:

TheProteks

Feb 27, 2020
Saratov
Hi there! I'm user of SM-T531 and have successful flashed of 17.1 rom. Main noted problems is back camera exposure - front works fine - and mobile networks is not recognized.

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
what do one mean by using updated twrp to fflash this one. Does this mean tht we need twrp 3.3.1 to flash or is there something newer then that i'm not aware of. Any issues to be aware of .should one just stick to the 16.0 build till things are more stable .

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

so what are the steps to take to get a successfull flash an install .steps plese on how one did it to get the right install and then set up.

hjroh0315

Jun 9, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Can we implement Android Treble in Galaxy tab 4? I can see that there's treble implemented on the S3 Neo. I think its gonna take a while, but its worth the effort because we can try other android 10 roms, and possibly upcoming android 11 roms

Reactions: mrk2815

DJABHipHop

Dec 7, 2017
pressthemes.freesite.host
**List of thing need to make Lightning Fast Rom better.**
I still wanna work on Lightning Fast Rom, But I want people to help complete it the list in 10 days.
1) Get more Java developer to contribute.
2) Get more developer to build other ROMS and kang there most useful feature.
3) Get more developer to build Lightning Fast Rom for there devices.
4) Create new ORG & rebuild the rom from ground 0 in 10 days or less.
5) Create website & OTA server.
6) Theme every bit of Android.
7) Strip out the Junk, Simplify every bit Android starting with setting.
8) Bring theming like back In CyanogenMod mode days.
9) Make my own gret.
10) Have more official devices.
11) Ditch the Pixel look for good????.

Any taker?

Last edited:

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
if you want to root you will have to use magisk canary to root for android 10.as i have an older nexus 6p which i had to do the same thing to get root.i had to flash the magisk canary after flashing android 10 and gapps to that device.i am thinking it would be the same thing here. try and see what happens with magisk canary on your tablet. i need ot make sure thathe 17.1 rom will get further development before i commit ot flashing it.

Top Liked Posts