Question Limit phone charge to percentage bug

Search This thread

iplux

Oct 11, 2021
I'm using a magisk module to limit charge to 80% (see attached picture)

The module does work. However, if the phone reaches 80% once, it refuses to charge unless the phone is fully restarted again. Is this fixable in any way, or i have to deal with it? If I unplug it before it reaches 80%, no problem, i can charge it again. But if it hits 80%, it will say "charging" the next time i try to charge it, but actually not charge.

Attachments

• module_magisk.png
    module_magisk.png
    25 KB · Views: 64

iplux

Oct 11, 2021
Can you give the source where you got that module from?

Usually with such modifications, it stops charging at X% and still only restart charging when charge follows below Y%. If Y% is not set, maybe you'll see your behavior...
i attached the module above your post. I've got it from a friend but it's probably from around here. do i have to make another row with charge_start_level, or?

krakout

Not really familiar with the internals but indeed it looks like it's missing the start value, and that this value is needed. Take a look at this:

Reactions: iplux

iplux

Oct 11, 2021
Not really familiar with the internals but indeed it looks like it's missing the start value, and that this value is needed. Take a look at this:

thank you, will try!

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
You need to set the charge_start_level. This is the percentage value at which the phone will start charging again. You can set it to something like 75%, so that if you battery level stops to 75% and you connect it to a charger, it will start charging until it reaches the 80% charge_stop_level

Zilla0617

Oct 25, 2016
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 8 Pro
You need to set the charge_start_level. This is the percentage value at which the phone will start charging again. You can set it to something like 75%, so that if you battery level stops to 75% and you connect it to a charger, it will start charging until it reaches the 80% charge_stop_level
Where inside the module would I make edits for this to occur? Thanks

Top Liked Posts