• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Linage os 17.1/18.1 running on nitrogen

Search This thread

linus207

Apr 1, 2013
Hi.

I don't know why, but information about unofficial release of LOS never have been posted here. If there's some legal issues, just delete my post. I have 18.1 running perfectly on my nitrogen. Maybe this is good moment to revive some of our old big nitrogens 😅

Enjoy. It's really great.

Cheers

Reactions: alvin600bit

Voretmv

Jun 15, 2014
Hi.

I don't know why, but information about unofficial release of LOS never have been posted here. If there's some legal issues, just delete my post. I have 18.1 running perfectly on my nitrogen. Maybe this is good moment to revive some of our old big nitrogens 😅

Cheers
Can't you detect any bug?
It would be good to follow up on its correct operation
Thanks for the info

landsome

May 4, 2015
It's actually default camera app.

I've just installed it myself - the latest JoysKo version from 4pda.ru. Have not tested it thoroughly, though. Will report more soon. But...

GCam works. After having tried some two dozen versions (which either stopped immediately or did not install at all), I used MGC_6.2.030_FinalRelease_Bulkin043_V9Q, which is known to work on AOSP-9 based custom roms. I am not entirely sure it's perfect, but the basics work. (One may have to change the saving location, though.)

The only issue so far once fully booted - but I barely tested it - is that I seem to have deep sleep problems with third-party launchers (Nova, Lawnchair 2 etc.); Trebuchet works. It does not seem to be caused by widgets - but I need to explore more.

Another problem is common from AOSP9-based 3rd party roms: sometimes, on rebooting, the phone gets stuck (the "Unlocked" logo phase). A simple restart resolved it.

I have not sorted out passing SafetyNet yet (Magisk props fingerprints are apparently not enough).

Happy to report the terrible scrolling issues plaguing AOSP9-based roms here on XDA are completely absent.

Finally, battery life, even without deep sleep, is very good.

linus207

Apr 1, 2013
How did you recognized deep sleep issue? I am currently running Lawnchair 2 having 94% deep sleep while screen off.

Maybe it's gapps issue/play services? I am using open gapps test version for 11.

landsome

May 4, 2015
How did you recognized deep sleep issue? I am currently running Lawnchair 2 having 94% deep sleep while screen off.

Maybe it's gapps issue/play services? I am using open gapps test version for 11.
Same gapps here. I use Accu Battery and it reports it. I have the same problem if very unreliable sleep on two other phones using los18.

Vandetta187

Oct 16, 2018
This thread deserves more views. I happened to try the android 11 based Havoc rom from April 2021 and it runs smooth. Everything works perfectly, and I've been using it as a daily driver for the last week.

Thank you JoysKo!

If anyone can point me how to replace the stock cam with gcam- it would be much appreciated!

Reactions: linus207

landsome

May 4, 2015
Congratulations on your work. I have this Rom installed on my Mi Max 3, and I am very happy.
Do you have any evolution of this Rom that I am not aware of?
I currently have Lineage-18.1-FORK-vanilla-20210124-nitrogen-JoysKo installed
I tried the more recent versions of LOS uploaded by JoysKo and reverted to 0124. For me, it's the best. With the 2 others I had janky scrolling, malfunctioning gestures.

landsome

May 4, 2015
This thread deserves more views. I happened to try the android 11 based Havoc rom from April 2021 and it runs smooth. Everything works perfectly, and I've been using it as a daily driver for the last week.

Thank you JoysKo!

If anyone can point me how to replace the stock cam with gcam- it would be much appreciated!
With the LOS 20210124, I just installed one of the few working gcams. Specifically 6.2.030 Final Bulkin043 V9Q.

landsome

May 4, 2015
Yeah I tried that one you mentioned however I get app not installed error message.

Is there another version that might work?
I tired several that did not. Works for me on Lineage-18.1-FORK-vanilla-20210124-nitrogen-JoysKo, though. (I installed both newer versions of the ROM and as far as I remember it worked on them too - but I replaced them later.)

dookiy

Feb 3, 2008
Thank you so much for this thread. Installing Lineage is like a walk in the park like this. The only problem I come across is when I want to play back videos in some apps or Chrome. I get errors like video can not be played and SOURCE_STREAM_TYPE_NOT_SUPPORTED. I think this might be a firmware issue or is there another solution available?

jammyhuang

May 12, 2021
Hi.

Cheers
I installed arrow and Los but all meet same problem. The message can not be received. Try to install global FW+ vendor at first but Stuck on the boot screen . Any good suggestion?

dhodson7171

Mar 17, 2017
Hi, I was also very pleased to see Lineage on the Mi Max 3, still using this device due to the large screen I love.
Has anyone exerperienced bluetooth connection issues?

It connects to my speaker and then immediately disconnects and of course then wont play any music?
ROM version I used is lineage-18.1-20210608-nitrogen-experimental-PRGroup.zip

Any known fix as yet?
Previous versions do not have bluetooth issues like this?

Thanks.

dhodson7171

Mar 17, 2017
Hi, I was also very pleased to see Lineage on the Mi Max 3, still using this device due to the large screen I love.
Has anyone exerperienced bluetooth connection issues?

It connects to my speaker and then immediately disconnects and of course then wont play any music?
ROM version I used is lineage-18.1-20210608-nitrogen-experimental-PRGroup.zip

Any known fix as yet?
Previous versions do not have bluetooth issues like this?

Thanks.

Update on this bluetooth issue....

I have wiped and installed this rom now

Lineage-18.1-FORK-vanilla-20210124-nitrogen-JoysKo.zip

all works fine now....
still interested if anyone has a resolution to the BT issue though?

landsome

May 4, 2015
The latest of the latest versions of Lineage 18.1: https://t.me/MiMax3Update/211
Many problems have been fixed in it. It is advisable to install cleanly...
Regard, JoysKo.
P.S.: For DT2W use this module
Thanks. Got it from Telegram a few days ago. I can confirm it works great. Better than the January version, which was the best before in my view. Do try to install from Orange Fox, however, not TWRP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

Cheers

Thank you JoysKo!