Lineage 15 Oreo i9300

Search This thread
D

Dinkec27

It would be smarter to build Android Oreo Go,unfortunately no I do not have the experience to do it but it is just a suggestion.

CoperaN

Aug 6, 2013
Bridgetown
GO SGS3

It would be smarter to build Android Oreo Go,unfortunately no I do not have the experience to do it but it is just a suggestion.

Totally agree! Read about this somewhere recently, it seems like the best option for our older devices. And Yes! No notion of how to do it but perhaps some nice adventurous Dev will take up the torch.

Reactions: it'sup

mountainguan

Jan 10, 2016

6ace449bgy1ft12na9263j20sl0frtag.jpg

mountainguan

Jan 10, 2016
how to install this kernel to devices any idea about it

It's not ready for anything but booting linux. If you really want to try it out, instructions are at the bottom of the page.
Try it yourself
If you're after something to tinker with, have a spare GT-I9300/GT-I9305/GT-N7100/GT-N7105 lying around, and don't really care about using anything based on the old kernel (be that LineageOS, Replicant, or the stock firmware), you can even try this for yourself. While it should be possible to go back to the proprietary bootloader, I have not tested doing so: doing this would be left largely as an exercise to the reader. It's also worth mentioning that LineageOS/Replicant will boot under u-boot with a kernel compiled without CONFIG_ARM_TRUSTZONE set, but the display will not work (probably because u-boot does not initialise the display).

Last edited:
Reactions: it'sup
Hi all,
I guess we can expect Oreo ROM for our s3 by using a method called MicroG which galaxy s2 also uses the same structure for supporting lineage 15. Or we can port los 15 from galaxy s2 because both the offer a similar kernel version.
Cheers if anyone tries to build los 15 for our device using the given info.:D.
( Note: the given info might be correct according to a dev that I've confirmed.)

Top Liked Posts