Kernel: https://github.com/BeYkeRYkt/android_kernel_wileyfox_msm8937
Vendor: https://github.com/BeYkeRYkt/proprietary_vendor_wileyfox

New Rom with february security patch.

Instal Rom & Gapps first.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunxd and sam tyler

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
18.1 all ready?! you spoil us Mr. Ambassador! and I was about to go back down the rabbit hole of gsi ROMs! thanks. 👍

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
Works for me, dirty flash over 17.1 (which was in turn a dirty flash over 15.1) with nano GApps. Patched the boot image with Magisk 24.1 but it locked up after reaching the home screen. Restored original boot image, updated Magisk to 24.3, patched boot image again, booted without any trouble and passed the Pokemon Go test. The phone did lock up while charging but was OK after a reboot and subsequently charged to 100%.

robin0800

Jan 22, 2012
Brighton
Dirty flash is usually ok in the same series i.e 18.1 february to 18.1 march.
This it not recommended for any change in version i.e. 17.1 to 18.1.

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Dirty flash is usually ok in the same series i.e 18.1 february to 18.1 march.
This it not recommended for any change in version i.e. 17.1 to 18.1.
Concerning the freeze/reboot issue with 18.1 on both my swift 2 plus's, on the first one I backed up the 17.1 (including removing any lock screen setups password/fingerprint, and in twrp. I wiped (data/system/ lock screen dp all three) but restored my data backup from 17.1, it booted up fine but I didn't setup password fingerprint in first setup, and if I try to set up fingerprint in settings it would freeze (nothing else in settings freezes) and would have to do a hard reboot (via twrp) so I just set up a password and settings does not freeze. but sometimes if I have to reboot the phone, it boots into the OS, the battery will say 0% and I have to do another reboot then it settles down. in phone two, again I did full wipes, did not restore any data and I imputed my password and fingerprint on first setup of the phone(settings do not freeze). but again on phone 2, if I do a reboot the phone says 0% and another reboot has to happen. other than the settings freeze on phone 1 and the reboot issue on both phones are stable magisk works including banking apps. on the latest update I installed it via ADB sideload, and booted up fine.(except for the reboot issue). and just for reference, there is a 18.1 ROM on 4pda, but it states there is a freeze/reboot issue. please don't think I'm moaning, and I am using it as a daily ROM. and it works for me. thanks

robin0800

Jan 22, 2012
Brighton
As to reboot and freezes, the Rom's above don't seem to do this.
I am running it and have not seen this at all.

robin0800

Jan 22, 2012
Brighton
I used The treble 32gb.zip to make a vendor partition then used the TWRP_treble.img.
The version is 3.2.3-1 a bit old.

Attachments

• Treble-32GB.zip
    861.2 KB · Views: 8
  • TWRP_Treble.img
    22.6 MB · Views: 11

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
So the ROM is a gsi ? I installed the ROM like it was a marmite ROM.so I should have installed it like a gsi ROM? aren't you meant to use the treble boot.img then install the ROM/IMG?

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
@robin800 so you installed the 18.1 zip with the treble twrp recovery IMG, ? the twrp version I'm using is 3.1.1.0 . I will try it on my spare phone this weekend. and just to be clear, I don't need to install the treble 32.zip file just the 18.1 zip? I always thought the twrp treble IMG was for gsi ROMs only.

robin0800

Jan 22, 2012
Brighton
It's used if you use the trebler32.zip file.
all it does is pinch a bit of the data partition to make a vendor partition, the treble twrp can then format that partition,
if you don't want a proper vendor partition you don't need to do any of this.

wrexwaz

Aug 5, 2017
Can i somehow do update of this los 18.1 March security update to June security update without losing data or i must do clean install?

Reactions: R_2_D_2

Top Liked Posts