lineage-18.1-20220306-UNOFFICIAL-marmite

Search This thread

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
If you use this, you can PASS the snet
tested on microG

@robin0800 Failed to mount data folder (always if i wand to do something in TWRP) :(
Previously i made this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rnal-storage-0mb-in-twrp-permanently.3830897/ and another clean install but after boot to system and again to TWRP i still can't enter data folder.
What version of TWRP are you using? it sometimes does that to me and I have to do a fresh install but most of the time I use adb sideload to install to dirty flash over the top of the ROM or to do a fresh install of the ROM and gapps and magisk .

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
@wrexwaz robin0800 uses a earlier version of twrp a few versions back (see page 1 of this thread) I did is as well, as I understand there are two revisions of swift 2/plus so changing your twrp may help. the ROMs work, it's just some recovery's are a bit jumpy.

Alex Orts

Mar 13, 2022
Can't install lineage-18.1-20220615-UNOFFICIAL-marmite on clean system. Error on startup.
20220627_162221.jpg

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Can't install lineage-18.1-20220615-UNOFFICIAL-marmite on clean system. Error on startup.View attachment 5646917
I used The treble 32gb.zip to make a vendor partition then used the TWRP_treble.img.
The version is 3.2.3-1 a bit old.

Can't install lineage-18.1-20220615-UNOFFICIAL-marmite on clean system. Error on startup.View attachment 5646917
Bad download of the ROM, try to download again or maybe you didn't do a full wipe. normally in recovery you just wipe cache,dalvik case, system and maybe internal data(if your ROM and gapps is on your SD card)but if doing a fresh install, always do a full wipe (just remember to back up your present ROM so you can roll back)

Alex Orts

Mar 13, 2022
Use a different version of twrp or check in your present twrp to see if you have mount problems, when you install a ROM via twrp it may say failed to mount system/data/vendor etc
There are no problems with mounting, the installation runs without errors. Do i need to install 32gb.zip if i have 16gb rom?

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
There are no problems with mounting, the installation runs without errors. Do i need to install 32gb.zip if i have 16gb rom?
Are you trying to install a treble ROM? because it sounds like you are. what phone do you have? a swift 2/plus/x?
normally to install a fresh ROM, you just do a full wipe (in twrp) install the lineage ROM then install the gapps. don't follow the treble ROMs information to install this ROM

Alex Orts

Mar 13, 2022
Are you trying to install a treble ROM? because it sounds like you are. what phone do you have? a swift 2/plus/x?
normally to install a fresh ROM, you just do a full wipe (in twrp) install the lineage ROM then install the gapps. don't follow the treble ROMs information to install this ROM
No. Swift2 I install as a normal ROM. I just didn't understand about the section Vendor.

Alex Orts

Mar 13, 2022
It is quite safe to format the vendor partition as the new Rom will install to it, just make sure it is f2fs format if it is not you must change it to this.
Thanks a lot! You are a genius! The file system Vendor type was Squashfs. Formatted as f2fs and everything worked. What is surprising after installation, she again became Squashfs.

Last edited:

Dogshome

Oct 27, 2021
RE /Data partition errors. I believe this is because the phone encrypts this and if you simply try to wipe it, you will get an error as TWERP doesn't know the encryption. A simple way to clear it and resize it back to normal is to reformat it as FAT, then format it back to EXT4.

If you try to clear it again, you will get the same error. Don't worry, formatting did clear it.

You can get similar sillies with SD card if it was made 'internal' when in Android. Formatting it in TWERP EXT4 then back to exFAT sorts that out.

Top Liked Posts