Lineage for the OP7T, (target reached)

Search This thread

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
Guys n girls, are we actually looking at official lineageOS coming to our 7T's!?
Steady support/OTA, up to date security patches, etc?
OMFG 🕺🕺🕺that just made my day

Reactions: HueyT

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
I'm curious of something;
How will OTA work on lineage when it comes to retaining gapps on our spesific device?
Since lineage comes without gapps, will not an OTA install to the empty slot basically install the gappless lineageOS image?

Reactions: josdehaes

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
How will OTA work on lineage when it comes to retaining gapps on our spesific device?
Since lineage comes without gapps, will not an OTA install to the empty slot basically install the gappless lineageOS image?
Assuming your gapps have working backuptool aka addon.d support, an OTA update should flash clean OS to opposite slot and then execute addon.d scripts that will transfer over necessary modifications. Of course this only works in case of OTA, with manual adb sideload you will have to reflash your addons manually (after rebooting so that your current slot switches).

Last edited:
Reactions: Eddiemc

[email protected]

• Aug 27, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    superstarmobility.weebly.com
    I think there's a way to flash gapps after but for many users that is going to be difficult... I understand exactly what you mean.... maybe the dev can make a personal build with gapps for those that don't know how to... because of this device not having a good recovery we can really use.

Reactions: Eddiemc

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
    Moto G 2014
    I think there's a way to flash gapps after but for many users that is going to be difficult... I understand exactly what you mean.... maybe the dev can make a personal build with gapps for those that don't know how to... because of this device not having a good recovery we can really use.
    Umm but it will work the same as for other dynamic a/b devices...? You just flash lineage, reboot recovery, flash gapps and use OTA from now on. LineageOS recovery can handle that usecase just fine.

Reactions: alma23 and Eddiemc

[email protected]

• Aug 27, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    superstarmobility.weebly.com
    Umm but it will work the same as for other dynamic a/b devices...? You just flash lineage, reboot recovery, flash gapps and use OTA from now on. LineageOS recovery can handle that usecase just fine.
    Oh okay... sorry but this is my first time with an a/b partition...I was a Xiaomi lover 🤣... but I got tired of the really slow performance of MIUI 12.5

Top Liked Posts