Lineage is development

Search This thread

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks for this useful advice.. the question was if i can flash GSI without hardbricking If IT IS enacled
There is no chance of hard bricking whatsoever by simply flashing a system image.
Use TWRP for what it's for, backing up then flash whatever you want.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

treble roms are not stable and not optimized for every single device
/QUOTE]
But half cocked custom roms are? :rolleyes:

Reactions: dr460nf1r3

Reuben_skelz92

Feb 20, 2016
Tbh I don't think lineage would really be that useful on this tablet. Yes Samsung experience isn't as smooth but the features Samsung adds is actually useful on a tablet. Like DEX. Hide nav bar button etc . Lineage you would loose most of this

dr460nf1r3

Dec 6, 2013
garudalinux.org
This actually works Quite well only sound bugs me a lot only 2 speakers are being used

Attachments

• Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20181013-114520.jpg
    Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20181013-114520.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 803
  • Screenshot_Einstellungen_20181013-114528.png
    Screenshot_Einstellungen_20181013-114528.png
    186.7 KB · Views: 805
  • Screenshot_Einstellungen_20181013-114538.png
    Screenshot_Einstellungen_20181013-114538.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 807

machx1111

Oct 8, 2013
I'd love to see LineageOS working well.. more so in a year or two when Samsung stops updating. Samsung features aren't that useful to me I actually disable most of them with titanium.

Reactions: konchog uma

Tao Liu

Dec 25, 2018
How did you flash the GSI rom?

Same here actually i would go for aosp if the speakers werent ****ed up no need for Iris unlock etc

Sent from my Samsung SM-G950F using XDA Labs

Hi, could you tell me how did you flash the GSI to your Tab S4? I have a SM-T830, but I'm unable to use the TWRP, it always made my device loop on startup.

dr460nf1r3

Dec 6, 2013
garudalinux.org
Hi, could you tell me how did you flash the GSI to your Tab S4? I have a SM-T830, but I'm unable to use the TWRP, it always made my device loop on startup.

You have to run twrp and use change its flash function to Image and then flash the system img of the rom you downloaded to system Partition

Sent from my Samsung SM-G950F using XDA Labs

Tao Liu

Dec 25, 2018
You have to run twrp and use change its flash function to Image and then flash the system img of the rom you downloaded to system Partition

Sent from my SM-G950F using XDA Labs

Hi dr460nf1r3,

I tried flashing twrp from this post several times after reseting by flashing a stock firmware, but every after flashing twrp, my device just boot loop and wouldn't get into OS. I downloaded system-arm64-aonly-gapps-su.img from here and flashed it, boot loop still appeared.

Details of my trying:
1. Reset device by flashing one of below stock firmware:
1545971157.png

2. Make sure OEM unlocked, go to download mode, untick 'Auto reboot' in and then flash twrp_3.2.3-2_sm-t830_26918.tar with AP slot in .
3. Press volume up and Power buttons to go to twrp, at this , internal storage is not accessible, but I have an external micro sd card, which is accessible in twrp.
1545972930.png

a. If I reboot device, boot loop happens.
i. If I flash system-arm64-aonly-gapps-su.img to twrp's system partition, the flash is ok, but boot loop still happens.
b. If I flash TabS4_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler.zip and format data and then reboot to twrp, internal storage is accessible now, like below:
1545973013.png

i. If I flash system-arm64-aonly-gapps-su.img in twrp's system partition, the flash is ok, but boot loop still happens.
boot loop screen:
1545973087.png

I really want to flash a gsi rom because I'm a android developer, and firmwares mess up numbers of system code therefore is unfriendly to debugging. On the contrary, devices keep their numbers of code accurately same with system code in android sdk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This actually works Quite well only sound bugs me a lot only 2 speakers are being used
    Hi dr460nf1r3,

I tried flashing twrp from this post several times after reseting by flashing a stock firmware, but every after flashing twrp, my device just boot loop and wouldn't get into OS. I downloaded system-arm64-aonly-gapps-su.img from here and flashed it, boot loop still appeared.

Details of my trying:
    1. Reset device by flashing one of below stock firmware:

2. Make sure OEM unlocked, go to download mode, untick 'Auto reboot' in and then flash twrp_3.2.3-2_sm-t830_26918.tar with AP slot in .
    3. Press volume up and Power buttons to go to twrp, at this , internal storage is not accessible, but I have an external micro sd card, which is accessible in twrp.

a. If I reboot device, boot loop happens.
    i. If I flash system-arm64-aonly-gapps-su.img to twrp's system partition, the flash is ok, but boot loop still happens.
    b. If I flash TabS4_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler.zip and format data and then reboot to twrp, internal storage is accessible now, like below:

i. If I flash system-arm64-aonly-gapps-su.img in twrp's system partition, the flash is ok, but boot loop still happens.
    boot loop screen:

I really want to flash a gsi rom because I'm a android developer, and firmwares mess up numbers of system code therefore is unfriendly to debugging. On the contrary, devices keep their numbers of code accurately same with system code in android sdk.
    Nowhere in your post does it state you flashed Magisk.
    This is a MUST.
    Magisk will patch the boot partition to disable dm-verity and defex.

Without patching dm-verity the device will bootloop.
    This needs to be done whether you flash a GSI or not.
    The Oreo forced encryption disabler modifies the vendor partition, which will also cause a boot loop.

ANY modification to either the Vendor or System partition (this includes flashing GSI's) will cause a boot loop if dm-verity is not patched.
    Any one can start build some official/unofficial lineage os 15.1 for the best android tablet right now
    The specs are the best for gaming tablets
    Number 1
    Your device is already treble supported.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...evice-development/lineage-phh-treble-t3767690
    treble roms are not stable and not optimized for every single device
    a custom rom like los would be appreciate
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone