• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lineage & Lightrom Rom's on Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Search This thread

Ziezo

Jul 27, 2021
Hey guys, I hope all are doing fine.

I'm wondering guys if there is any way to get an official Lineage OS rom for Samsung Galaxy note 8!!

All that I found are the unofficial one's and I don't know if it is safe to use or not!

Another thing is the Lightrom OS that I found in our site here, but I found those two things, which are Rom and Kernels!
Should I install both of them or only the Rom enough to do the whole thing, I mean it will also install the Kernel too!

Those were my thoughts and questions, appreciating your helps in this, and thanks in advance :)

I'm wondering guys if there is any way to get an official Lineage OS rom for Samsung Galaxy note 8!!

All that I found are the unofficial one's and I don't know if it is safe to use or not!

Another thing is the Lightrom OS that I found in our site here, but I found those two things, which are Rom and Kernels!
Should I install both of them or only the Rom enough to do the whole thing, I mean it will also install the Kernel too!

Those were my thoughts and questions, appreciating your helps in this, and thanks in advance :)
I doubt we will see Official Lineage OS as it requires too much work and the developer does not have the free time. The source code is posted on the thread so if there was anything dodgy in there someone would pick up on it, especially by now. Lineage 17.1 does get monthly builds for the security patches via OTA. If you're interested in flashing it you can get the latest builds here - https://images.stricted.net/lineageos/greatlte/

I can't comment on Lightrom as I believe there are a number of Lightrom's and I'm not sure to which one you refer to.

• Love
Reactions: Ziezo

Ziezo

Jul 27, 2021
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your kindness reply, I will see about the lineage, it is the one I trust in more in terms of open source Roms.

As for the Lightrom and my question about it, it could come on any other Rom, I mean in general if there's a Rom and a Kernel should I install them both or only will do the whole work (I mean by that it will install both Rom and a Kernel in a single installation process), in which I doubt, but just want to make sure, because it's my first time thinking of installing custom kernel.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your kindness reply, I will see about the lineage, it is the one I trust in more in terms of open source Roms.

As for the Lightrom and my question about it, it could come on any other Rom, I mean in general if there's a Rom and a Kernel should I install them both or only will do the whole work (I mean by that it will install both Rom and a Kernel in a single installation process), in which I doubt, but just want to make sure, because it's my first time thinking of installing custom kernel.
Happy to help.

When you flash a rom it will flash the kernel too at the same time.

Reactions: Ziezo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I doubt we will see Official Lineage OS as it requires too much work and the developer does not have the free time. The source code is posted on the thread so if there was anything dodgy in there someone would pick up on it, especially by now. Lineage 17.1 does get monthly builds for the security patches via OTA. If you're interested in flashing it you can get the latest builds here - https://images.stricted.net/lineageos/greatlte/

I can't comment on Lightrom as I believe there are a number of Lightrom's and I'm not sure to which one you refer to.

Happy to help.

When you flash a rom it will flash the kernel too at the same time.