Lineage OS 13 Port for BLU_Studio_XL_2

Search This thread

Donphillipe

Jun 23, 2014
Another question regarding this website:

https://romprovider.com/2017/10/root-blu-studio-xl2/

Is this 6 step description a hoax which says root can be obtained by simply installing Magisk and SuperSU? I am thinking it may be the typical Google spam trash, that is, the thing where when you enter the word Root followed by a device name in the Google search, Google comes back with about 20 search results from different sites that just plug in what you are searching for with some bogus instructions that lead you back to some paid software they want to sell when their oversimplified procedure fails?

Thanks.

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
Another question regarding this website:

https://romprovider.com/2017/10/root-blu-studio-xl2/

Is this 6 step description a hoax which says root can be obtained by simply installing Magisk and SuperSU? I am thinking it may be the typical Google spam trash, that is, the thing where when you enter the word Root followed by a device name in the Google search, Google comes back with about 20 search results from different sites that just plug in what you are searching for with some bogus instructions that lead you back to some paid software they want to sell when their oversimplified procedure fails?

Thanks.

If you mean the rooting the stock ROM than that looks right.
1. install custom revoery (i have the one for this device on this thread)
2. download superSU
3. install supersu with recovery

but I cannot say anything as to the integrity of the files liked to on there site. other than the recovery they have linked was put out before i compiled the new kernel that allows recovery to have working touch screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :good:
    I have cm13 ported over from different Phone (Blu Life_Max) and booting.

already working

1. wifi
    2. camera but not video camera
    3. bluetooth audio
    4. loud speaker audio
    5. FM Radio
    6. cell in sim1 and sim2 slot, but sim2 only gets H+ speed(5-10Mbps)
    SIm1 gets 4G(LTE) speeds on test 50Mbps Both tests with freedomPop

known issue (mostly camera related)

1. videocamera causes camera crash
    2. selfie-camera not available **Fixed with V6**
    3. panarama shot crashes camera
    4. NFC not able to turn on (stock rom did not have NFC, so this may not be possible to work) : next update may remove this
    **fixed in V5**

V7 -- Hassome permission changes in boot.img that were found in logcat, for "SMI"
    still not working videocamera

To install:

1. Must be bootloader unlocked

How to Unlock Bootloader via Fastboot

1. Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
    2. Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your Android device.
    3. Connect your device to the PC with a USB cable.
    4. Open a command window on your PC.
    5. Boot your device into bootloader mode using the following command:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    └ You may get a request to authorize USB debugging on the device, accept it.

6. Once your device is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    You get a confirmation screen on your device. Press Volume Up button to highlight Yes and press Power button to select it.
    This will begin bootloader unlocking process, which shouldn’t last more than couple of minutes.
    7. Once bootloader is unlocked, your device will reboot into bootloader mode. You need to boot it into system now using the command below:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

During reboot, your device will go through a factory reset and then finally boot into system.

2. Install included twrp(New kernel for recovery allows touchscreen to work)
    ***PRIOR RELEASES NEED TO USE LOPESTOM RECOVERY TO INSTALL***
    Due to different moint point descriptions Future versions(If they come) will use block number moints to be compatible with both
    ******V-7-Block is compatible with both recoveries

1. make sure developer options is enabled
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    3. Test recovery works for your device
    (example commands assume you have the vampirefo version of recovery downloaded to the desktop)
    Code:
    Fastboot boot Desktop/recovery-TWRP-3.1.1-Vampirefo-studio-xl-2.img
    4. If recovery boots good, then return to bootloader and flash (commands work from in booted twrp)
    These steps are what I find to be best order to prevent the stock rom from replacing the stock recovery on boot.

Code:
      fastboot flash recovery Desktop/recovery-TWRP-3.1.1-Vampirefo-studio-xl-2.img
      fastboot boot Desktop/recovery-TWRP-3.1.1-Vampirefo-studio-xl-2.img
      adb wait-for-device
      adb reboot recovery

3. If first install. do wipe and wipe system too. If Updating no wipe needed

Sources:
    Rom not built for this device Built for Blu Life-Max --no thread to link, sorry
    Rom uses the stock kernel, pulled from oem device (studio_XL_2)

keeping a git of files swapped to make rom work
    https://github.com/mrmazakblu/BLU_Studio-XL-2_port_from_Life-Max

kernel source for recovery:
    https://github.com/mrmazakblu/Blu_studio-XL_2_kernel_source

Other projects for Studio_XL_2:

Reserrection Remix Port

XDA:DevDB Information
    blu-studio-xl-2, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    mrmazak, Thanks to vampirefo --building donor rom
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: BLU-Studio-XL-2--BLU_S0270UU_V09_GENERIC
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information

Created 2017-10-30
    Last Updated 2017-11-30
    TWRP touchscreen

new kernel for TWRP allows touchscreen to work when recovery is flashed to device.

thanks to @vampirefo for finding a fix for Life-Max. Same fix worked here too.

New kernel is also put into @lopestom twrp.

Choose either one they both work.
    In the developer options I have a setting that says oem unlocking allow the bootloader to be unlocked will that work or will I have to still do it from adb

here is guide.
    https://www.theandroidsoul.com/unlock-bootloader-via-fastboot-android/

the unlocking does do a complete wpe on the data part of the phone. so if you have pictures or music or any files you want to keep , make sure to copy first. Also to be safe , if you have external sdcard in , take it out before doing unlock
    Must complete the unlock as the guide shows includeing the reboot, so stock recovery does its wipe, I t is important part of the unlock.

after unlocked,
    to flash recovery, enable developer options again, enable usb debugging. authorize adb connection to your pc-

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot recovery.img

**recovery.img = "full path to the downloaded recovery"

**example if you downloaded the vampire based recovery and you downloaded to the desktop**
    Code:

after booted to recovery and it works return to bootloader and flash it to phone. I allways recomend this boot first method to verify it recovery works. You cant be certain every od will work on every device. Better safe than sorry.

select reboot menu from recovery and then select reboot bootloader.
    Due to a securety measure android has (recovery-from-boot) when replacing recvoery to need to boot directly to new recovery to prevent the android system from replacing it with stock version. so I use the steps below
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery Desktop/recovery-TWRP-3.1.1-Vampirefo-studio-xl-2.img
    adb wait-for-device
    adb reboot recovery