Lineage OS battery drain

Jan 4, 2018
Same problem here d851 i think the problem is the GPU settings due by default always run at 330 Mhz whit msmtz adreno Governor this added to configuration like screen resolution and others suck the battery, i tried to change the frequency but the device gets lagui due to screen settings and if you tries to change the governors the system crash sometimes, i flashed solid kernel and set settings 27 MHz and runs up according Whit the demand. And in cpu interactive Governor and bricked hotplug running at 1527 MHz. this give me 35-40 % more battery and less overhead. Obviously this in my experience.
Linageos is great but i think is not well optimized for battery change the the profiles is not going to help in nothing
with the solid kernel how can i change the resolution ?i installed v.2.55 i think in my g3 but everything is more enlarged ,thnk you :)

Nikolatas

Jun 28, 2016
As previously stated...
Enable root, install kernel manager, and I suggest a custom kernel.
So the solution is to lower the min clock speeds? What kernel do you use/recommend? Do i need to install kernel to lower the min clock speeds or do i just need a kernel manager?

Why-Fi

Sep 30, 2016
As long as your device is rooted you can adjust stock Rom kernel settings with kernel auditor. Custom kernels are tweaked already and some have different profiles included. I use solid kernel.

Reactions: Nikolatas

Why-Fi

Sep 30, 2016
can i change the resolution? i flashed solid kernel but everything seems so enhanced.
I forgot to mention this earlier and I apologize. Flash the qhd fix zip listed on the downloads for solid kernel and it should get you back to normal.

I understand completely how frustrating and helpless it can feel when things go awry with our devices, especially if it's all we have for daily use, but slowing our roll and reading through the threads specific to the subject matter usually turns up the info we need. I've been there myself. Y'all can always pm me and I can do my best to help.

We gotta stay on topic in these threads.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
I forgot to mention this earlier and I apologize. Flash the qhd fix zip listed on the downloads for solid kernel and it should get you back to normal.

I understand completely how frustrating and helpless it can feel when things go awry with our devices, especially if it's all we have for daily use, but slowing our roll and reading through the threads specific to the subject matter usually turns up the info we need. I've been there myself. Y'all can always pm me and I can do my best to help.

We gotta stay on topic in these threads.
In the downloads section I only found this zip nothing more. I installed easy DPI Changer root. I changed DPI and resolution from there. Is it OK? I cannot find this zip file. I noticed it was mentioned in other threads as well but I cannot find it.

Attachments

Why-Fi

Sep 30, 2016
In the downloads section I only found this zip nothing more. I installed easy DPI Changer root. I changed DPI and resolution from there. Is it OK? I cannot find this zip file. I noticed it was mentioned in other threads as well but I cannot find it.
Is your refrigerator running?

FabianoT

Jan 19, 2018
Samsung S5 klte, LineageOS 14 very high battery drain

Installed it recently.
In one morning, very light usage.. it eats 40/50% battery. From battery details Google Services eats (the most) 14% vs 6% screen, but application details doesn't sum up to 100%. Same applications are installed and battery is far worse than official Samsung Android.
I have disabled location permission for Instagram and Meteo apps, Performance Profile: Efficiency, and also disabled all the cell broadcast messages (I have found a post pointing to these as an issue..), but I obtained only marginal improvements.

This is a bug or defect for sure.. is there any way to solve this issue?
Regards

nsandersen

Jul 28, 2018
I can add that this also affects Lenovo P2 on LOS 15.1 (and appears to be an ongoing problem).

The phone can be configured to have great standby battery life, I think better than stock when taking advantage of doze, new settings, greenify etc. (except if plugging in USB and *not* charging, which appears to drain approx. an extra 1.5% per hour overnight!).

HOWEVER, screen-on time is reduced by one third or perhaps more. There is a large contribution to battery usage from Phone idle in particular, thereafter System (Android system and Android OS) larger than radio and usually comparable to or even larger than apps.

This is using the power save governor/profile setting in the LOS settings or using Kernel Adiutor to set the "conservative" CPU governor, switching off 4 out of 8 cores completely, restricting maximum CPU frequency to approx. 1 out of 2GHz and using powersave for the GPU governor (performance/lag is still adequate).

FabianoT

Jan 19, 2018
Improvements with Lineageos 15 (Oreo) and Privacy Guard

Changed to LineageOS 15.1 from LineageOS 14.1 on my Samsung S5, I also used Privacy Guard with the main social applications. PG permits to revoke them permissions to wake/mantain awake the device.
Also configured conservative governor with the Kernel Auditor application.
The battery lasts about a day with normal usage.

Now I have revoked the "wake" permissions to Goolge Play Service, I'll update this thread if this is going to improve things a bit too.

Pay very attention with PG and GPS, or you are going to make your device unusable, .. I suggest to change only the "wake" permissions. In case of problems you have to use the recovery, and use adb with your PC in order to pull/push(edit) the PG configuration file in order to remove the faulty GPS configuration (about the PG configuration file details, google is your friend).
Regards,