Lineage OS battery drain

Search This thread
Jan 4, 2018
Same problem here d851 i think the problem is the GPU settings due by default always run at 330 Mhz whit msmtz adreno Governor this added to configuration like screen resolution and others suck the battery, i tried to change the frequency but the device gets lagui due to screen settings and if you tries to change the governors the system crash sometimes, i flashed solid kernel and set settings 27 MHz and runs up according Whit the demand. And in cpu interactive Governor and bricked hotplug running at 1527 MHz. this give me 35-40 % more battery and less overhead. Obviously this in my experience.
Linageos is great but i think is not well optimized for battery change the the profiles is not going to help in nothing

with the solid kernel how can i change the resolution ?i installed v.2.55 i think in my g3 but everything is more enlarged ,thnk you :)

Why-Fi

Sep 30, 2016
As long as your device is rooted you can adjust stock Rom kernel settings with kernel auditor. Custom kernels are tweaked already and some have different profiles included. I use solid kernel.

Reactions: Nikolatas

Why-Fi

Sep 30, 2016
can i change the resolution? i flashed solid kernel but everything seems so enhanced.

I forgot to mention this earlier and I apologize. Flash the qhd fix zip listed on the downloads for solid kernel and it should get you back to normal.

I understand completely how frustrating and helpless it can feel when things go awry with our devices, especially if it's all we have for daily use, but slowing our roll and reading through the threads specific to the subject matter usually turns up the info we need. I've been there myself. Y'all can always pm me and I can do my best to help.

We gotta stay on topic in these threads.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
I forgot to mention this earlier and I apologize. Flash the qhd fix zip listed on the downloads for solid kernel and it should get you back to normal.

I understand completely how frustrating and helpless it can feel when things go awry with our devices, especially if it's all we have for daily use, but slowing our roll and reading through the threads specific to the subject matter usually turns up the info we need. I've been there myself. Y'all can always pm me and I can do my best to help.

We gotta stay on topic in these threads.

In the downloads section I only found this zip nothing more. I installed easy DPI Changer root. I changed DPI and resolution from there. Is it OK? I cannot find this zip file. I noticed it was mentioned in other threads as well but I cannot find it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180106-114251.png
    Screenshot_20180106-114251.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 446

FabianoT

Jan 19, 2018
Samsung S5 klte, LineageOS 14 very high battery drain

Installed it recently.
In one morning, very light usage.. it eats 40/50% battery. From battery details Google Services eats (the most) 14% vs 6% screen, but application details doesn't sum up to 100%. Same applications are installed and battery is far worse than official Samsung Android.
I have disabled location permission for Instagram and Meteo apps, Performance Profile: Efficiency, and also disabled all the cell broadcast messages (I have found a post pointing to these as an issue..), but I obtained only marginal improvements.

This is a bug or defect for sure.. is there any way to solve this issue?
Regards

Sayantan9438

Mar 24, 2018
Hi,
I have running on cm14.1 , and since first day of installing the rom i am having issue with my bettery dreaning issue . Plz help with the solutions

nsandersen

Jul 28, 2018
I can add that this also affects Lenovo P2 on LOS 15.1 (and appears to be an ongoing problem).

The phone can be configured to have great standby battery life, I think better than stock when taking advantage of doze, new settings, greenify etc. (except if plugging in USB and *not* charging, which appears to drain approx. an extra 1.5% per hour overnight!).

HOWEVER, screen-on time is reduced by one third or perhaps more. There is a large contribution to battery usage from Phone idle in particular, thereafter System (Android system and Android OS) larger than radio and usually comparable to or even larger than apps.

This is using the power save governor/profile setting in the LOS settings or using Kernel Adiutor to set the "conservative" CPU governor, switching off 4 out of 8 cores completely, restricting maximum CPU frequency to approx. 1 out of 2GHz and using powersave for the GPU governor (performance/lag is still adequate).

FabianoT

Jan 19, 2018
Improvements with Lineageos 15 (Oreo) and Privacy Guard

Changed to LineageOS 15.1 from LineageOS 14.1 on my Samsung S5, I also used Privacy Guard with the main social applications. PG permits to revoke them permissions to wake/mantain awake the device.
Also configured conservative governor with the Kernel Auditor application.
The battery lasts about a day with normal usage.

Now I have revoked the "wake" permissions to Goolge Play Service, I'll update this thread if this is going to improve things a bit too.

Pay very attention with PG and GPS, or you are going to make your device unusable, .. I suggest to change only the "wake" permissions. In case of problems you have to use the recovery, and use adb with your PC in order to pull/push(edit) the PG configuration file in order to remove the faulty GPS configuration (about the PG configuration file details, google is your friend).
Regards,

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
Very old thread, but this problem has been there for as long as I remember on all my LineageOS installs on diferent devices, and still persists today.

Presently I'm on LOS 19.1, and some apps (only some apps), some times (only some times), seem to do something (go figure what!) that triggers this sudden high battery consumption and warm up the phone so you can fry an egg on it. In such occassions, as reported, Battery Usage setting show the "Android OS" (most of all) and "Phone idle" (a little less) processes using up unreasonable amounts of power. This is definitely a chronic issue in LOS (maybe even in AOSP ROMs). It is not a matter of replacing the battery or installing power optimizing apps, as the same phones with stock ROMs never, ever suffer from this. Likewise, it is not limited to the G3. I've seen the same with two different Samsung Galaxy models.

So far, the only solution I've found to this problem is to reboot the device, upon which the phone goes back to its normal battery consumption.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The solution is simple,
    Root the os and install a kernel manager.

This problem is normal, cyanogen was the same with my phone Samsung s4.

Lineage os without a kernel manager on my phone have the base minimum CPU frequency to 1ghz.. Instead of 300 MHz.
    Hi!
    I've been running Lineage OS for about a week now and I'm experiencing poor battery life. I get around 2 hours of screen-on-time and I'm not doing anything demanding other than browsing and social networking and I have the settings on Efficient in the power menu. I feel like stock was a good 50% better on battery life than LOS.

I also noticed that LineageOS System, Android OS and the Phone Idle processes eat up around 30% of the battery.
    I didn't install any battery draining apps and I'm running the latest version of everything.
    I tried reseting app preferences but it didn't help.
    I also want to note that standby time is amazing. If I don't use the device the battery level stays the same while it's sleeping. When I wake it, it loses 2-3% immediately though. It seems that it only loses battery quickly when the screen is on.

Can someone please help? Is this normal battery life on LOS?
    Hey.

I'm using the latest LineageOS same as you, on my LG G2 D802 32GB and having the same issue as you. If I leave my phone on table for a night, it usually drains 1 or 2%, but if I start using facebook or facebook messenger, or just browsing the system settigs, or just ANYTHING, the battery percentage suddenly starts to count down, like 1% every minute or so.
    So i've tried stock LineageOS kernel and Lambda kernel aswell (most advanced, latest kernel for G2 atm), rooting and using Greenify, turning everything down to minimal, underclocking GPU and CPU frequencies, changing govenors, battery saving modes on, screenbrightness to minimal without adaptive, everything syncing off, bluetooth, gps, and wifi is usually off, but nothing really helped and it's been buggering me for a week. Compared to the Stock 4.4.2 or 5.0.2, the battery is half as good. Also, I've been reading posts and I've noticed that not everybody have this issue, because some people experience really good battery - or they just say that -, on the same phone modell. I've been thinking about reverting back to stock because of that, but I havent given custom roms like (crDroid or AICP, I'm torn between those two) a shot, but that not relevant to you because G3.

If I find a solution I'll let you know.
    Second that, same D855 with latest baseband 21C, i encounter same bizarre battery drain..

I'm glad I'm not alone then!
    Same problem as everyone else.

Overnight lose only 1% per hour but using the phone it drains extremely quickly.
    Look at this crazy battery history:
    Screenshot_20170415-124706.png

I've never had this issue on my other devices running CyanogenMod in the past.
    Has anyone tracked this issue down to something in particular?
    There's also this bug:
    https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-364?jql=text ~ "battery"

which is similar to what happens to me, i.e. get to 30% and then suddenly shutdown.
    This is a hardware issue with the battery, not a software one. You need to replace your battery with an official one from a reputable source (careful, there are quite a lot of fakes around, so don't be tempted by saving a dollar).

I was having this issue, with Lineage OS as well as some others i tried based off CM. I would get better than stock battery life for a few weeks, then suddenly the battery would start draining in a few hours.

Booting to recovery and clearing all caches fixed this issue for me.
    This sounds like some app you're installing on your phone.