Lineage OS XT907_JBBL

Search This thread

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
Yolu need to merge in changes to the lineage OS source and then compile it. Not a simple task. Just think, if someone out there isn't doing it already (ie LOS 14,1 for any device with latest sec patches), obviously it's not a simple thing to do.

Security patches are not just changes in the kernel; more so the ROM. Remember, its the ROM that records the security patch level/date, and any compatible kernel/device/vendor could be used against it. You could use a modified kernel from LOS 14.1 (ie manually "upstreamed" via minimal changes) against a LOS Q ROM, and the security patch level would be up to date, not at the kernel source date (ie LOS 14.1). Or upstreaming the LOS14.1 kernel to a Q Kernel (and making it backward compatible with 14.1) then building LOS 14.1, will not change your security patch level.

Even building a ROM isn't a walk in the park. Especially for a new device that has no support. Which is where I'm currently standing. It's pretty easy to compile a kernel and configure one if you have the sources. But updating it or the security patches, especially on a device that's so old (however I still use mine almost daily), isn't easy regardless of your professional background. However for a little comparison on kernel differences across devices, the xt907, built around 2012 or 13, has a newer and better kernel then the tablet I am currently writing on as we speak, Amazon Fire HD 10. And this tablet was built no less than a year-and-a-half ago. However I find it a bit more difficult to build for the xt907 then I do my tablet.

Sent from my Amzn Fire using XDA Labs

fredsky2

Jan 25, 2012
You would need to upstream your kernel and patch it manually. Or you can download the kernel source and pull the proper defconfig, download the Linux kernel source (most recent for the kernel in hand), and put the defconfig into the updated source and try to build. Will probably have to transfer the proprietary files to the new source as well.

Or build a lineage ROM from scratch so a kernel builds inline with it.

Yolu need to merge in changes to the lineage OS source and then compile it. Not a simple task. Just think, if someone out there isn't doing it already (ie LOS 14,1 for any device with latest sec patches), obviously it's not a simple thing to do.

Security patches are not just changes in the kernel; more so the ROM. Remember, its the ROM that records the security patch level/date, and any compatible kernel/device/vendor could be used against it. You could use a modified kernel from LOS 14.1 (ie manually "upstreamed" via minimal changes) against a LOS Q ROM, and the security patch level would be up to date, not at the kernel source date (ie LOS 14.1). Or upstreaming the LOS14.1 kernel to a Q Kernel (and making it backward compatible with 14.1) then building LOS 14.1, will not change your security patch level.

I was almost sure i saw a menu on my old cyanogen rom where you'd click to check for security updates, thought i might be missing it with lineage.

Thanks for the detailed replies anyway; nevertheless its great to see that our old and beloved phone still has an active community and with such up to date rom

Last edited:

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
I was almost sure i saw a menu on my old cyanogen rom where you'd click to check for security updates, thought i might be missing it with lineage.

Thanks for the detailed replies anyway; nevertheless its great to see that our old and beloved phone still has an active community and with such up to date rom

yes but that won't do anything considering the servers no longer exist and if they did they are no longer updated. And that button only works for devices that had official support. Otherwise the developer of the ROM would need to push it through manually through his own servers or cloud. To be honest I think and the only device I had with a custom rom that ever made use of that update option was a ROM for my Galaxy S4.

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com

P.s. I honestly believe this is one of the last really good phones Motorola made. I'm really hoping their new take on the razr is everything it's been shown to be. Cuz it will be epic. I would love to have one but I probably wouldn't be able to afford it until I can find one ads used on eBay or something.

Sent from my Amzn Fire using XDA Labs

Metalor

Nov 4, 2011
Minsk
Last edited:

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
Sorry but I am a novice. I flashed your rom but it errored out(error 7 ?). It says i have the wrong device. Does that mean I have to use a different TWRP?

You have to use the new twrp. The recovery you have installed is for the xt907. The assert line is kicking you out.
You need to post on the Razr HD thread here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/droid-razr-hd/development/lineage-os-xt926jbbl-t4053183
Eventually the moderator will clean this thread (wrong phone).

Last edited:
Reactions: yoshkapundrick

Usemyass

Aug 19, 2008
Doorn
Somebody has the original files below, links Yandex don't work anymore thanks

lineage-14.1-20170707-port-ilichva-xt907_jbbl
lineage-14.1-20170804-port-ilichva-xt907_jbbl

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
lineage-14.1-20200614-UNOFFICIAL-xt907_jbbl

New build up
lineage-14.1-20200614-UNOFFICIAL-xt907_jbbl

June 5, 2020 security patch level
Changelog : I changed SELinux Level from Permissive to Enforcing
Lineage Changelog: https://www.lineageoslog.com/14.1
Thanks again to Lineage team for maintaining Nougat.
Also give thanks to Metalor as this is his work, I just made the update.

Rom: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682870271

MD5sum: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682870270

Last edited:

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
lineage-14.1-20200723-UNOFFICIAL-xt907_jbbl

New build up for xt907 on JBBL

July 5, 2020 security patch\
Changelog: https://www.lineageoslog.com/14.1

Rom: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682900143

MD5sum: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682900142

Again thanks to all at Lineage who are back porting these updates.
I've been putting this link up to show how many people work to back port updates to keep LOS 14.1 alive.
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_build/+/280669

H.Rehman

Mar 24, 2017
New build up for xt907 on JBBL
Again thanks to all at Lineage who are back porting these updates.
I've been putting this link up to show how many people work to back port updates to keep LOS 14.1 alive.
First of all Thank you Wheels for the post.
I still have my razr m xt907 and is working. What I can't do is install some apps that are meant to run on latest android version.
I need to install custom rom on my razr m.
Here are my mobile specs:
system ver: 185.46.10.XT907
babseband ver: SM_BP_101031.042.32.86P
Kernel ver: 3.4.42 gb412cc4
Build no: KPA20.10.1
build date: 25 Aug 2014
Device Locked Status 0 (Fast boot)
Please help how I can upgrade.

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
First of all Thank you Wheels for the post.
I still have my razr m xt907 and is working. What I can't do is install some apps that are meant to run on latest android version.
I need to install custom rom on my razr m.
Here are my mobile specs:
system ver: 185.46.10.XT907
babseband ver: SM_BP_101031.042.32.86P
Kernel ver: 3.4.42 gb412cc4
Build no: KPA20.10.1
build date: 25 Aug 2014
Device Locked Status 0 (Fast boot)
Please help how I can upgrade.

First if I remember right that system version is unlockable with Motochopper. It's been a while since I did mine so I don't remember exactly. Don't take the final ota update. Make a backup because it will factory reset the phone. Once you get the bootloader unlocked you need to flash back to JB. There is a thread how to do that here to do that. Then install TWRP, do another backup there then install Lineage and nano or pico gapps. If by chance it won't unlock with Motochopper you may have to use the Sunshine apk. We should have another security patch coming up soon. And also I've been tinkering with LOS 15.1. There's a lot of build errors so it could take some time.

H.Rehman

Mar 24, 2017
First if I remember right that system version is unlockable with Motochopper. It's been a while since I did mine so I don't remember exactly. ....... And also I've been tinkering with LOS 15.1. There's a lot of build errors so it could take some time.

Thank you for your quick response. I'll give it a try and if something went wrong, Then I'll ask for further help.

Trey n

Nov 12, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus 5
First if I remember right that system version is unlockable with Motochopper. It's been a while since I did mine so I don't remember exactly. Don't take the final ota update. Make a backup because it will factory reset the phone. Once you get the bootloader unlocked you need to flash back to JB. There is a thread how to do that here to do that. Then install TWRP, do another backup there then install Lineage and nano or pico gapps. If by chance it won't unlock with Motochopper you may have to use the Sunshine apk. We should have another security patch coming up soon. And also I've been tinkering with LOS 15.1. There's a lot of build errors so it could take some time.
That'll be amazing if we could get android oreo to work on this old phone! I still have mine running Crdroid I believe nougat

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
That'll be amazing if we could get android oreo to work on this old phone! I still have mine running Crdroid I believe nougat

I really liked Crdroid myself. I wanted to make a build with updates but the link Diamondjohn gave at the beginning of the Crdoid thread does not have the device tree for the xt907 or any related msm8960 phones.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone