- Mar 9, 2016
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
This is a UNOFFICIAL build of LineageOS for the Samsung Galaxy Core Plus.
It's not ready yet and has some bugs in it which could cause problems to some users.
The ROM will only work on the SM-G350 Version of the Phone (without any Numbers/Letters behind).
This ROM could be used for daily use now (though you should look at the list of what doesn't work first).
- Camera sometimes switches to green-purple. The resulting picture doesn't have the weird color, but it may be flipped and/or distorted at the edges.
- Video Recording
- Codecs (some work, some don't. I tested MP4 and AVI, both work. I should really make a list...)
Special thanks to @Giovix92 for making this tutorial!
1: A computer with Windows.
2: An Internet connection.
3: A backup of your phone data (contacts, photo, music, videos, and other).
4: About 300 MB free space on your SD card.
5: Phone charged at least 80%.
Download links are below
I do NOT take any responsibility for bricked devices!
1: Download the Samsung USB Drivers.
2: Download the ODIN3. (Only for Windows)
3: Download the TWRP Odin package to your desktop and download the LineageOS 13 zip to your SD card.
4: Make a backup of your files, because the storage will be wiped. (External SD card will not be wiped)
5: Reboot your phone in to the Download mode (Volume Down- , Home- and Power button). Press the Volume Up button when asked. Then open the ODIN3 and connect your phone to your PC.
6: Press AP and choose the TWRP Odin package (recovery.tar) and make sure re-partition is NOT ticked. "Auto-Reboot" should not be ticked either, otherwise you will need to be quick to boot into the recovery immediately after flashing.
7: Press start! Wait a few seconds. Then your phone will be rebooted. Now you can disconnect the cable and power off your phone.
8: Boot your phone in to the TWRP Recovery (Volume Up-, Home- and Power button).
9: Go to Wipe, and Swipe to Factory Reset.
10. After wiping go to the home screen by pressing the home button.
11: Go to Install. Choose the "external_sd" from the top bar. (It says "Storage: Internal Storage (xxxxMB)" by default)
12: Choose the LineageOS 13 ZIP and Swipe to Confirm Flash. Make sure you don't power off while flashing!
13: After the zip has been flashed choose "Reboot System".
14: Wait 5-15 minutes to boot the phone. If the phone keeps booting take out the battery and do a Factory Reset again.
15: When the phone boots the first time, go through the Setup Wizard and you are ready to use your phone!
If there was something you didn't understand, please don't hesitate to ask
- Security patches until April of 2019
- Updated Chromium from 67.0.3396.87 to 87.0.4280.101
- Disabled latinimegoogle (which is compiled against an incompatible instruction set and results in crashes)
- Fix offline charging
- Include all security patches up to January 2019 (and most of February and March, except for the PNG vulnerability)
- Fix up some of the codecs (h264 and ac3, which should enable you to watch most videos)
- Remove Gello (the old, bloated Browser) in favour of Jelly
- Using way less hacks than previously (again)
- Include all security patches up to March 2018
- SELinux is now enforcing
- OTA Updates the third (now using the internal Updater)
- Using way less hacks than previously
- Now compile with newest toolchain (Commit)
- Fix SD Card (Device commit, Kernel commit)
- Removed PMEM from the kernel (as this saves some RAM) (Commit)
- OTA Updates (Commit)
- Switch to LineageOS
- 4 Months of Security Patches
- Fixed GApps (through a modified WebView)
Samsung USB Drivers
Thanks to ...
- ... androidlover5842, ishantvivek, SandPox, ZIM555 and everyone else working on Samsung's hawaii-Boards
- ... berkantkz and santeri3700 for teaching me the basics of ROM developing