• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LineageOS 14.1 | 27.11.2019 | Shield blobs EOL

Search This thread

Tate20

Mar 20, 2017
Is there a kernel or something to consume much less battery at rest, is that I do not use Wi-Fi or anything just use it to read PDF and I need the maximum possible battery

ewoks

Nov 11, 2010
Winterthur
Any instructions on flashing this room from a stock? I survived so long on it, but seems like all cool kids moved on long time ago, so I couldn't find details. Thanks

Zachary_Foxx

Nov 23, 2018
Why can't some apps see the flash drive?

When I connect a flash drive with movies, VLC show it to me like an OTG Drive and I can select the movies without problems.

But using emulators like Retroarch, epsx, Drastic, Mupen64plus FZ, none of them can see the flash drive. It isn't appear in the /mnt or /storage directories.

What am I doing wrong???

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Zachary_Foxx

Nov 23, 2018
Why can't some apps see the flash drive?

When I connect a flash drive with movies, VLC show it to me like an OTG Drive and I can select the movies without problems.

But using emulators like Retroarch, epsx, Drastic, Mupen64plus FZ, none of them can see the flash drive. It isn't appear in the /mnt or /storage directories.

What am I doing wrong???

OK...

Magisk busybox, su, "sm set-force-adoptable true" solved this.

Ønyx

Jul 21, 2017
one last req

hi @Artemka2008.. could do us one last favour by fixing the audio mixer paths setup, if possible fallback to the old days audio hal based by tinyhal. because i just cant never do a voip like discord call, whatsapp call, etc.. i will only hear the other side for about few secs before the audio will be cut out, possibly the output is wrongly rerouted. plus im not sure if the other caller still can pick up my output. muchly appreciated if its possible to be done.:cowboy:

Jankev

Apr 25, 2016
Edit: found the answer on this thread.. we got 3 variant of Atmel touch device & 1 Synaptic, too bad.

Touch doesn't work when booted on o.s. but working perfectly on recovery. I've just replace my display with a new one unfortunately it has different touch controller / chip embedded on the ribbon that connects to the board. The old one is Artmel & the new one says Synaptic, already tried flashing the latest build of this ROM.. no luck. Haven't tried reverting into MIUI ROM Wich is KitKat.

Last edited:

renzion0510

Dec 31, 2012
LOS charging bug.

Hello I just installed this on my mocha last week. Did it for netflix since I came from AEX 8.1 and that doesn't have hardware acceleration.

Flashed the latest build no problems for a week then last night I was playing a song on Youtube on the background with vanced while the screen is off, I do this all the time. After a few hours I checked it again and the Mi Pad shows charging and notif light for charging is on even though it is unplugged. Tried plugging it in and no change, also it doesn't seem to charge anymore. Tried flashing 2018 version, reflashed 2019 version, didn't fix the issue. Changed to old smoke kernel, it fixed the charging but then only one cpu works. I know it is due to LOS since I flashed my old AEX backup and charging works as it should.

Can you please help me? I liked aex because it is fast and smooth but I mostly use this mi pad for media consumption (only youtube works perfectly) and LOS has hardware acc. which allows netflix, 9gag, fb, twitter, beetv etc to work so I want to try and fix this.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

I flashed the rom and now it show that I don't have any recovery installed, I tried to install the recovery via fastboot, but it doesn't install at all and I get the boot screen and rom is booted up instead... Really in a pinch please help

How are you trying to access the recovery? Using the power menu to reboot to recovery doesn't work for me also so I turn off the device then do the traditional volume up + power button to access the recovery.

vanzan

Sep 3, 2012
I couldn't flash the last build of this on my mi pad 1. The 03.11.28 recovery would not boot or it would take several attempts to get it to boot. Then if I managed to flash the rom it would constantly reboot. So I used the other links in the first post.

I unzipped "BootBlobs-SHIELD-mocha.zip" and flashed tos.img and recovery.img in fastboot. TWRP booted perfectly and I flashed the LOS rom found in the same Google Drive directory, lineage-14.1-20171213_202900-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip. And it booted without problems. So then I went back to recovery and flashed the latest gapps and magisk. And things are great.

I know there are later versions of LOS14.1 and recovery than the ones I have installed but I'm frightened to try them. Might come back to it later.

MartinC#1

Apr 13, 2008
Thanks OP, love seeing this get updated, there is an old remaining bug that if you have a screen lock and magnetic case the screen sometimes goes black and becomes unresponsive, I don't think anything has crashed just the system gets mixed up and thinks the screen is activated so you can't unlock with buttons or any other way

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1

FOR ROMS RELEASED BEFORE NOVEMBER 2018
    Requirements:
    1) active system1
    2) merged system partition

Instruction
    1) flash BootBlobs-SHIELD-mocha.zip
    2) reboot to recovery
    3) install this recovery
    4) reboot to recovery
    5) install the ROM

FOR ROMS RELEASED AFTER NOVEMBER 2018
    Requirements:
    1) active system1
    2) merged system partition
    3) BRAIN, READING SKILL and presence of basic knowledge about firmware (in the absence need learn to independently)

Instruction
    1) download TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
    2) unzip TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
    3) download recovery-03.11.2018
    4) go to fastboot mode
    5) execute command: fastboot flash tos your path to tos.img
    6) execute command: fastboot flash recovery your path to recovery-03.11.2018.img
    7) reboot to new recovery(u can execute fastboot reboot holding vol+ button)
    8) if you are on previous LineageOS 14.1 build then you may install the ROM without wipes. If you're not, make full wipes then
    9) install current LineageOS 14.1 build
    10) reboot to the system

Sources
    Device
    Kernel
    Vendor

Changelogs

system:
    - the latest security patch by LineageOS team
    - OMS support(Substratum)
    - added color engine(Settings -> Display -> Themes)
    - add/remove quick settings tiles with one touch
    - optimized scroll gesture
    - fixed bug in a gesture of calling the quick settings on the desktop
    - open all apps gesture works across the entire desktop area

kernel:
    - reconfigured Quick Charge mode(9V 2A)

system:
    - Trebuchet replaced by Launcher3

kernel:
    - all changes since release in December 2018

system:
    - the latest security patch

kernel:
    - a little bit updated sdcardfs
    - fixes of defects after switching to the new Synaptics touchscreen driver

system:
    - added tile for activatingdeactivating battery charging

kernel:
    - new Synaptics touchscreen driver(possibly less lags)
    - a little bit updated sdcardfs
    - fixed a couple of security issues when using root
    - PSCI downgraded to version 0.1

system:

kernel:
    - reworked binder driver(the system should be more stable)

system:

kernel:
    - dvfs driver was heavily updated(better power consumption)
    - binder was updated
    - therm_est thermal sensor was fixed

system:
    - source code was updated
    - changes for devices with 3Gb RAM

kernel:
    - added new driver(written by me) for reducing cpu power consumption in suspend mode.
    - panel driver was changed for reducing power consumption in suspend mode
    - palmas gpio driver was changed for reducing power consumption in suspend mode

system:

kernel:
    - spectre patch by nvidia
    - other small changes

system:
    - usb internet sharing was fixed
    - other small changes

kernel:
    - sdcardfs was updated to the 3.18 kernel level.
    - ability to change display colors was added

system:
    - sdfat was added(instead of vfat and exfat)
    - audio HAL was updated(like in 15.1)
    - 64-bit binder was returned

kernel:
    Los14.1 and Los15.1 use an unified kernel for now. All updates from 15.1 are inside.

kernel:
    - usb otg for flash drives was fixed
    - problems with battery percentages was fixed

kernel:
    - based on official rel-24-uda-r1 branch
    - updated binder

system:
    - we are using 64-bit binder for now
    - updated sources

Broken:
    - Cameras

Download:
    Touchscreen hotfix for ROM released at 29.12.2018
    ROM folder
    Last build

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
    Artemka2008
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2018-10-05
    Last Updated 2020-03-09

system:
    - OMS support(Substratum)
    - added color engine(Settings -> Display -> Themes)
    - add/remove quick settings tiles with one touch
    - optimized scroll gesture
    - fixed bug in a gesture of calling the quick settings on the desktop
    - open all apps gesture works across the entire desktop area

kernel:
    - reconfigured Quick Charge mode(9V 2A)

What is "tile for activating\deactivating battery charging"?
    - this is system icon(like performance profiles) which permits\prohibits the supply of current to the battery at the time when the charger is connected.

Why do we need that tile?
    - if you play, watch a movie or perform another costly action, then activating this mode will save the battery from unnecessary wear because energy will go directly from the charger. But you need a fairly powerful charger, if the power of the charger is not enough, then partially the consumption will be compensated by the battery.

What happens if you do not install TosForPSCI-0.1?
    - at best, only one CPU core will be active. At worst, the recovery will not be started (if it has not been updated too) and the system too.

How to roll back on the firmware version, which came out before November?
    - download TosForPSCI-0.2 and recovery. You'll be able to flash older ROMs after installing them

Why do I need to lower the PSCI version from 0.2 to 0.1?
    - Using version 0.1 fixes a problem with shutting down a device.
    the ROM was updated
    the ROM was updated
    Added touchscreen hotfix for the latest ROM