LineageOS 14.1 Berni's alternative builds

Search This thread

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Hi all:

This is a thread for my alternative LineageOS 14.1 roms for suzuran.

I'm building these roms from time to time for my own needs and I think other people should participate.

Since the "official" development of LineageOS 14.1 has been stopped, I decided to build a new version only if the Android security patch level has been changed or I've changed anything.

Download 2021-07-19

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed rom and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into TWRP and flash this zip file. Enable zip verification and md5sum checking. Maybe you have to rename the md5 file to *.md5sum; depending on the TWRP version you are using.

Kernel sources
Tree sources

Features:
  • OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
  • Kernel: Linux 3.10
  • New: Android security patch level: 5 June 2021
  • Using sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54

Important informations:
  • You should be familiar with general installation of custom roms.
  • Required for installation: TWRP 3.1.1 (or newer).
    OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.5.2!
  • No need for making a clean install, but sometimes it helps a lot!
  • This rom is pre-rooted. For those who want to use magisk or any other rooting tool, you can easily remove this by flashing this file.

Use this rom at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this rom in any way.

Differences between my version and the "official" one:

• Kcal Display Driver - Thanks to @GreyLeshy and @Sony user 16
  • Voltage Control - Thanks to @GreyLeshy and @Sony user 16
  • OMS-Support - Thanks to @nathanchance
  • Added F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
  • I've included some little extensions like changelog and volume adjustment.
  • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
  • I've increased microphone gain.
  • I've increased all volume steps from 7 to 15.
  • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
  • I've enabled data for MMS.
  • I've enabled MHL.
Not working:
  • VoLTE, VoWiFi
  • If you want to use encryption, you have to disable SIM PIN first!
One (last) request: Please don't ask for including any app. I won't do this, because I want to keep this rom as clean as possible.

Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
    If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
    A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
    Send my this LOG file via PM.
  • If you think this could be a SELinux related issue, please try to set the device to permissive mode first.
    If the issue is gone, I need the policy file too (plus LOG). Fetch it by typing this line in a terminal:
    Code:
    adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
  • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
    • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
    • HOLD the power button.
    • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
    • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
    • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
      Code:
      cd sys/fs/pstore
      cp * /sdcard
    • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.

Last edited:

ROBNX85

Oct 25, 2017
Nice

Hi @all:
First of all, please excuse my bad english... :angel:

They said I should create my own thread for my alternative LineageOS 14.1 roms for suzuran. Here it is. ;)
I'm building these roms from time to time for my own needs and I think other people should participate.

Download
Kernel sources
Tree sources

• Required for installation: TWRP 3.1.1

Important informations:
  • You should be familiar with general installation of alternative roms.
  • There is no need to make a clean install, but sometimes it helps a lot!
  • Use it at your own risk!

Hi ! It would be great if u put out the advantage of yours vs with the official LOS

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
İnclude minimal app for google play store.
As I said a few days before: I don't want to include gapps! If somebody wants to use gapps, feel free to flash them separately. You can download them here. You need arm64 and 7.1 for suzuran.

And maybe can add substratum inside..
Substratum support is not longer available, because the devs have stopped their development for Nougat since august.

As I said a few days before: I don't want to include gapps! If somebody wants to use gapps, feel free to flash them separately. You can download them here. You need arm64 and 7.1 for suzuran.

I agree gapps should not be included. It is easy enough to just flash it right after flashing the rom

I am thinking about official vs rom, I think the two roms are probably nearly identical. Probably the most important factor will be the frequency of updates.

Reactions: Stefan.xda
Add a basic ad-blocker too

I don't see a reason to bake something into the ROM when there are many apps that can do it.

I think something like Xposed-type tweaks being put into settings would be more appropriate. Alleviating the need for xposed. But I don't think it makes sense to load random apps into the ROM.

torben5247

Apr 13, 2013
Hi Bernhard.
Thanks for your hard work!
i have a question for you.... As i understand it you take all the changes/updates from the offifcial lienage and implement them into your own build. And add the changes as described in post 1.
Am i right about this?
I think that battery life is bad on the official compaired to the version you do.
Do you add battery improvements in your build?
Thanks in advance.
Torben 5247

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Thanks for your hard work!
Oh, it is not so hard to do this, but, thank you! Sometimes I have to search a few hours or try (and revert) something, but in the end I've gotten everything to work as I like it to work.

As i understand it you take all the changes/updates from the offifcial lienage and implement them into your own build.
I'm using the LineageOS repositories from github as they are, that's right. I don't use my own repo's; nzzane is doing this AFAIK (Klick). A few weeks ago I'm using other repo's, because LineageOS had bad (will say: not working) sources for our devices.

And add the changes as described in post 1.
Am i right about this?
Yes! :good: One or two of my changes should be implemented into the "official" builds, but until now I don't understand how to use "commitments". Maybe in a few days... :angel:

I think that battery life is bad on the official compaired to the version you do.
Do you add battery improvements in your build?
No. Nothing like this.
On my own device battery life is about three days...

Raphos

Jul 31, 2015
Elsass
Hi,
Add a basic ad-blocker too
İnclude minimal app for google play store.
And maybe can add substratum inside..
Like other persons, I don't want to have a lot of applications include in the rom. I want to choose the ones I use. This is one reason that made me come to alternative rom.
Another reason is that Lineage use less google s"hit" than stock rom.

So if you have the vision of more app and google stuff include, you better stay on stock. Alternative Roms offers me more freedom; but that's just my opinion...

Cerhio

Feb 25, 2013
This is prerooted? There are some of us out there that need to install certain apps before rooting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all:

This is a thread for my alternative LineageOS 14.1 roms for suzuran.

Since the "official" development of LineageOS 14.1 has been stopped, I decided to build a new version only if the Android security patch level has been changed or I've changed anything.

Download 2021-07-19

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed rom and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into TWRP and flash this zip file. Enable zip verification and md5sum checking. Maybe you have to rename the md5 file to *.md5sum; depending on the TWRP version you are using.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 June 2021
    • Using sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom roms.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.1.1 (or newer).
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.5.2!
    • No need for making a clean install, but sometimes it helps a lot!
    • This rom is pre-rooted. For those who want to use magisk or any other rooting tool, you can easily remove this by flashing this file.

Use this rom at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this rom in any way.

Differences between my version and the "official" one:

• Kcal Display Driver - Thanks to @GreyLeshy and @Sony user 16
    • Voltage Control - Thanks to @GreyLeshy and @Sony user 16
    • OMS-Support - Thanks to @nathanchance
    • Added F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
    • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
    • I've increased microphone gain.
    • I've increased all volume steps from 7 to 15.
    • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
    • I've enabled data for MMS.
    • I've enabled MHL.
    Not working:
    • VoLTE, VoWiFi
    • If you want to use encryption, you have to disable SIM PIN first!
    One (last) request: Please don't ask for including any app. I won't do this, because I want to keep this rom as clean as possible.

Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
      If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
      A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
      Code:
      adb root
      adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
      Send my this LOG file via PM.
    • If you think this could be a SELinux related issue, please try to set the device to permissive mode first.
      If the issue is gone, I need the policy file too (plus LOG). Fetch it by typing this line in a terminal:
      Code:
      adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
      • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
      • HOLD the power button.
      • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
      • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
      • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
        Code:
        cd sys/fs/pstore
        cp * /sdcard
      • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.
    New version out; see 1st post.
    Android security patch level: 05 May 2020
    New version out; see 1st post
    New version out; see 1st post
    2019-Christmas Eve version out; see 1st post