• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LineageOS 15.1 | 09.03.2020 | Shield blobs

Search This thread

Artemka2008

Feb 3, 2016
Moscow
@Artemka2008
have made a zip file with camera stock and libs for test...
I don't know if the mmclblock in the several roms after 7.1.8 will change.....but must be make a test if this zip file run or not

Could someone try this zip file under recovery if run the camera in lineage roms:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dy4qbd2i6y3uu/

This is the camera in the Mipad1 runnig correctly in Lineage 14 android 7.1.2

I will wait your tests...

I haven’t done anything like that. No need to lie.

rathoddeep

Feb 15, 2020
You should be able to it by removing the assert line in the updater Script (as you told us if you need a tutorial Google twrp Error 7). You could have made 2 mistakes. First mistake is that you didn't repack it properly or the second mistake is that you didn't rename the updater-script from updater-script.txt back to updater-script (no file extension). If this does not help you can pn me, but send a video how you did this whole process.

Hi Kunel,

Hope you doing well. I am Deep from India, this message is regarding the Error 7 and Invalid .zip format while installing the .zip. It never goes successfully.

TWRP Win Recovery Project 3.2.1-0() Installed on the device along with TosForPSCI-0.1

INSTALLING: LineageOS 15.1
*Note: Never previously any custom rom was installed this one is for the first time.

Step 1: Downloading the .ZIP
Step 2: My Mac is not able to exact the zip, so i am downloading again the .zip on windows PC.
Step 3: Extract using WinRAR.
Step 4: META-INF >com >google>android>updater-script
Step 5: Opening the file updater-script using Notepad++
Step 5: Removing the first line which is below

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "mocha" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mocha" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: mocha; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););

Step 6: Checking if the file which is save is having the extension of TXT or not. Making sure it is FILE Format.

Step 7: Zipping again using WinRAR.

Error Now:
Checking for Digest File..
Skipping Digest check: no Digest File Found
Invalid Zip format.
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/New/ OSNAME.zip"

Can you help me with this ? My device is bricked and need it for development purpose of developing apps.

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
[email protected]
I haven’t done anything like that. No need to lie.
sorry i don't understand well.....lie?
tell me better....to understand....:confused:

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Tried, tablet no longer boots, stays in the "MI" logo
yes this zip file is a test must be receive the right correction....
This is the reason why i asked to Artemka2008 to understand well the problem connected to the camera app in this mipad1...
I have made to test 10 roms based lineageos 14 but nothing good for camera i mean....
I started to one that run correctly that is the lineage Os 14.1 20170911 that seems the only one that run correctly the camera app....
According me after my several tests in these 10 roms the framework have no instruction inside or have bad instruction....
Unfortunatly i do not have decompile the framework..for time obviously....but i would like one answer from Artemka2008..
:good:

Last edited:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
[email protected]
Read your post again. You wrote that I made this zip.
Yes you have right.. I have forget to write "i" have made... But everybody if have read that question or post... Obviously the meaning was that....
So.. I have trying to see the kernel.. And the camera repository that you have suggested to read in telegram chat..
Sorry for the misunderstanding sorry for everything..... but all my questions that i have made were "only" to understand.. And the others things... I would like to forget!

neohulk

Nov 18, 2014
Can someone please help?
I followed the tutorial to merge partitions. After that while trying to reboot, I accidentally rebooted to 'system' when there was no OS installed.
Mi Pad went into boot loop. Managed to enter recovery.
Then flashed BootBlobs-SHIELD-mocha.zip
Still, none of the los 14.1/los 15.1 ROMs are working. Every installation fails with Error 7.
Where did I go wrong/how do I fix this?

S Jaglan

Jul 23, 2018
unable to see that battery tile.

You have mentioned that there is a tile which deactivates the charging of battery. I am unable to see it. pls tell where it is. A ss would be helpful.

sinnerz2000

Feb 16, 2012
Bangalore
New to flashing ROMs on this tab and I'd like some help. There are a lot of threads on various roms but I do not need the latest if there are bugs. Could someone please tell me which is the most stable and recent ROM available so far? I don't mind if the camera doesn't work but everything else must be stable.

Jankev

Apr 25, 2016
Touch doesn't work when booted on o.s. but working perfectly on recovery. I've just replace my display with a new one unfortunately it has different touch controller / chip embedded on the ribbon that connects to the board. The old one is Artmel & the new one says Synaptic, already tried flashing the latest build of this ROM.. no luck. Haven't tried reverting into MIUI ROM Wich is KitKat.

tengty

Dec 23, 2010
I tried with many different ROM, 13, 14, and 16 not working as good as this 15.1. YOU ARE AWESOME !!!

My MiPad 1 is alive after patch with his awesome ROM. So far no flicking issue like PIE 9.0. It is Responsive and more importantly no auto shutdown, flicking screen, no response app message.

GREAT WORK... looking forward continue update this rom with latest patch. If the camera can bring back it would be PERFECT!

kenshin79

Jul 18, 2012
Manila, Philippines
Hi,

Happy holidays! Just wanted to share what I think I did wrong in installing the ROM and its effects and how I think I reinstalled it correctly, just in case someone experienced the same problems.

Coming from a pre-November 2018 ROM, I already had repartitioned, and shield blob installed. To install the latest ROM, I did a full wipe, then I flashed TOS and recovery via fastboot and so on. This resulted in an initial boot that failed, but a reboot did so successfully. Although the tablet was usable and it was great, there were many issues like random reboots which resulted in reboot to TWRP or in the worst case a boot loop that drained my battery before stopping. The temporary fixes were as discussed on this thread included reflashing the TOS or running a wakelock app. This worked only temporarily, and it also resulted in the tablet probably not reading the battery percentage correctly, always shutting down suddenly at around a supposedly 40-50% battery remaining. I almost bought a new battery until I tried redoing the installation AFTER rereading and rereading and taking note of @artemka's remarks of the need to do the installation correctly.

This was what I did that, up to the present, solved both issues of sudden reboot/bootloop and sudden drop of battery% to 0 from 40-50%.

1) While still in the repartitioned, shield blobbed, latest tos/recovery and rom state, I used the currenty installed TWRP to install the stock blob zip file to return to old blob
2) Turned off the tablet and went into fastboot mode
3) Flash the stock blob TWRP
4) Go to the newly installed stock blob version TWRP and do full wipe
5) Flash the repartition zip file the one used to create the 1.2 GB partition, eventhough I already had it correctly done before, just to be sure. Now I have a tablet in the "just repartitioned, stock-blob, no shield blob state"
6) Shutdown and reboot to fastboot
7) Flash TOS and Recovery via fastboot as in original instructions
8) Reboot to TWRP and install latest ROM and OpenGapps
9) Reboot and enjoy!

I may have done some steps that were not necessary or redundant, but it worked and I am glad the reboot and battery issues were gone. No need to run a wakelock to avoid sudden reboots or bootloops. Hope this helps anyone with the same issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 15.1

FOR ROMS RELEASED BEFORE NOVEMBER 2018
    Requirements:
    1) active system1
    2) merged system partition

Instruction
    1) flash BootBlobs-SHIELD-mocha.zip
    2) reboot to recovery
    3) install this recovery
    4) reboot to recovery
    5) install the ROM

FOR ROMS RELEASED AFTER NOVEMBER 2018
    Requirements:
    1) active system1
    2) merged system partition
    3) BRAIN, READING SKILL and presence of basic knowledge about firmware (in the absence need learn to independently)

Instruction
    1) download TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
    2) unzip TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
    3) download recovery-03.11.2018
    4) go to fastboot mode
    5) execute command: fastboot flash tos your path to tos.img
    6) execute command: fastboot flash recovery your path to recovery-03.11.2018.img
    7) reboot to new recovery(u can execute fastboot reboot holding vol+ button)
    8) if you are on previous LineageOS 15.1 build then you may install the ROM without wipes. If you're not, make full wipes then
    9) install current LineageOS 15.1 build
    10) reboot to the system

Sources
    Device
    Kernel
    Vendor

Changelogs

system:
    - the latest security patch
    - audio HAL from miui(It may solve a couple of problems with sound, but it can break something else)

system:
    - fixed OMX(video playback hardware acceleration now works)

system:

kernel:
    - a little bit updated sdcardfs
    - fixes of defects after switching to the new Synaptics touchscreen driver

System:
    - source code was updated
    - added tile for activatingdeactivating battery charging
    - free form window mode

kernel:
    - PSCI downgraded to version 0.1

System:

kernel:
    - new Synaptics touchscreen driver(possibly less lags)
    - a little bit updated sdcardfs
    - fixed a couple of security issues when using root

System:

kernel:
    - reworked binder driver(the system should be more stable)

system:

kernel:
    - dvfs driver was heavily updated(better power consumption)
    - binder was updated
    - therm_est thermal sensor was fixed

system:
    - changes for devices with 3Gb RAM

kernel:
    - added new driver(written by me) for reducing cpu power consumption in suspend mode.
    - panel driver was changed for reducing power consumption in suspend mode
    - palmas gpio driver was changed for reducing power consumption in suspend mode

system:

kernel:
    - spectre patch by nvidia
    - other small changes

system:
    - software video playback in some apps was fixed
    - usb internet sharing was fixed
    - other small changes

kernel:
    - sdcardfs was updated to the 3.18 kernel level.
    - ability to change display colors was added

system:
    - sdfat was added(instead of vfat and exfat)
    - microphone was fixed(broken in the 31.03 build)
    - a lot of fixes in the device tree

kernel:
    - sdcardfs was updated to the 3.18 kernel level.
    - cpustats was updated
    - sdfat was added
    - fixed loading address of the kexec-hardboot
    - ambient capabilities was added

New:
    - gyroscope
    - 64-bit binder
    - adjustable buttons backlight brightness

The second public build

The first public build

Broken:
    - Cameras
    - Video playback hardware acceleration

Download:
    Touchscreen hotfix for ROM released at 29.12.2018
    ROM folder
    Last build

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
    Artemka2008
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2018-10-07
    Last Updated 2020-03-09

system:
    - audio HAL from miui(It may solve a couple of problems with sound, but it can break something else)

What is "tile for activating\deactivating battery charging"?
    - this is system icon(like performance profiles) which permits\prohibits the supply of current to the battery at the time when the charger is connected.

Why do we need that tile?
    - if you play, watch a movie or perform another costly action, then activating this mode will save the battery from unnecessary wear because energy will go directly from the charger. But you need a fairly powerful charger, if the power of the charger is not enough, then partially the consumption will be compensated by the battery.

What happens if you do not install TosForPSCI-0.1?
    - at best, only one CPU core will be active. At worst, the recovery will not be started (if it has not been updated too) and the system too.

How to roll back on the firmware version, which came out before November?
    - download TosForPSCI-0.2 and recovery. You'll be able to flash older ROMs after installing them

Why do I need to lower the PSCI version from 0.2 to 0.1?
    - Using version 0.1 fixes a problem with shutting down a device.
    the ROM was updated
    the ROM was updated
    the last build was re-uploaded